moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just took delivery but I am forced to use the guest account because the Login button is greyed out. Can’t add an account either saying “account can currently not be added” if I use the setup assistant, it says I have SIM card data communication established, LTE is showing on the display but when I enter my Porsche ID and password, the login button is grey and when pressed it says “Function not available”.

I know others are having problems with Porsche Connect but from what I have read, the login button is available to those users but fails on credential check. My problem is different and doesn’t seem to be a common issue.

I have attached a video to better explain my issue.

Have others experienced the same issue? Dealer is aware of the problem but doesn’t have a solution. Called Porsche Canada, opened a ticket, but need to “wait for Germany to figure out”

@Terra and @Chowster - did you have similar problems when picking up from our dealer?
Sponsored

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
Just took delivery but I am forced to use the guest account because the Login button is greyed out. Can’t add an account either saying “account can currently not be added” if I use the setup assistant, it says I have SIM card data communication established, LTE is showing on the display but when I enter my Porsche ID and password, the login button is grey and when pressed it says “Function not available”.

I know others are having problems with Porsche Connect but from what I have read, the login button is available to those users but fails on credential check. My problem is different and doesn’t seem to be a common issue.

Have others experienced the same issue? Dealer is aware of the problem but doesn’t have a solution. Called Porsche Canada, opened a ticket, but need to “wait for Germany to figure out”

@Terra and @Chowster - did you have similar problems when picking up from our dealer?
When I first took delivery everything was set up at the dealership then about a week later I lost connection. Tech at dealership said that a update was planned for all Porsche services the night of the 16th and to check the following morning to see. if it established reconnection which it did and has been working again since.

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag

Congrats on the delivery! Sorry to hear of the issues with Porsche Connect - it's been an ongoing frustration for many it seems. Fortunately for myself, I did not have any issues. Not sure if it's because I've already had an account linked to vehicles previously.

Don't fret @moballa - Porsche Connect does not detract from your new vehicle driving experience whatsoever! Go for a long drive, give it a good rip, and enjoy the smiles! I'm sure this will be worked out in good time. Congratulations again on the car!

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I've had the same thing happen. Porsche Connect phone support had me reset the entire entire system and then resign in. That worked. Once or twice since then, I've entered the car and seen the same thing, but it has gone away so far with me just locking the car, walking away and coming back. Once soon after, and once or twice 15 min after. I've read somewhere on the forum that locking the car and waiting 15 minutes will reset some functions. I'd try the reset if it doesn't reset itself.

OP
OP

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had the same thing happen. Porsche Connect phone support had me reset the entire entire system and then resign in. That worked. Once or twice since then, I've entered the car and seen the same thing, but it has gone away so far with me just locking the car, walking away and coming back. Once soon after, and once or twice 15 min after. I've read somewhere on the forum that locking the car and waiting 15 minutes will reset some functions. I'd try the reset if it doesn't reset itself.
Thanks @Charlie
How did you reset the entire system? Is that a menu option in the PCM?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Before doing anything drastic, I would recommend checking the privacy setting. Under “Settings | Privacy and Porsche Connect,” you need to make sure that it is disabled/deactivated. Mine came that way, and it took a little time to figure it out. Once that is disabled, you will be able to connect. Make sure you are in a reasonably good Verizon signal area as well.

6offsetin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had this with my car for 2 weeks. Came out one day and it was working...

OP
OP

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Before doing anything drastic, I would recommend checking the privacy setting. Under “Settings | Privacy and Porsche Connect,” you need to make sure that it is disabled/deactivated. Mine came that way, and it took a little time to figure it out. Once that is disabled, you will be able to connect. Make sure you are in a reasonably good Verizon signal area as well.
I have tried with privacy on and with it off - same issue.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks @Charlie
How did you reset the entire system? Is that a menu option in the PCM?
Reset is in the PCM. It doesn't destroy all of your settings, but Homelink has to be reset. Be sure to recheck that privacy is inactivated after reset and then do the set up new account again. You can't be in a cell blackout area when doing it. I needed a strong cell signal, so I drove to a good spot in town.

OP
OP

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reset is in the PCM. It doesn't destroy all of your settings, but Homelink has to be reset. Be sure to recheck that privacy is inactivated after reset and then do the set up new account again. You can't be in a cell blackout area when doing it. I needed a strong cell signal, so I drove to a good spot in town.
Thanks @Charlie - I did find it last night and tried resetting twice. How long does it take to reset as I was sitting there for 10 minutes waiting with the reset icon circling... I got inpatient and tapped the screen only to be presented with an error message saying there was a problem resetting. It did clear all my settings both times however. Unfortunately this didn’t solve my issue - still have the grey login button.

I will try again today in an area with full cell coverage just to rule out lack of service.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks @Charlie - I did find it last night and tried resetting twice. How long does it take to reset as I was sitting there for 10 minutes waiting with the reset icon circling... I got inpatient and tapped the screen only to be presented with an error message saying there was a problem resetting. It did clear all my settings both times however. Unfortunately this didn’t solve my issue - still have the grey login button.

I will try again today in an area with full cell coverage just to rule out lack of service.
I'd try it in full cell service. When you successfully reset the PCM, you will only see the guest account and your grayed out account will go away. Then start over setting up a new account. This can only be done in full cell service from my experience. It's been frustrating for me to get things working because we don't have decent cell phone service at our home in the country. If you're in great cell phone service when you do the reset, just call Porsche connect and they will work with you to get it all working. Mine has shown my account grayed out once or twice since the reset, but so far it always keeps reappearing. I don't know if the current problem I'm having is just when it's at home with the poor cell service or not though. I only have about 500 miles on the car and not much time with it in good cell service. I'm sure you'll get it working with their help. They answer the phone pretty fast the last three times I've had to call them. I even had them call me back at a time when I was planning on going to town to sit in good cell coverage. Hang in there and don't lose faith (if possible).

6offsetin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

When I got mine, I did all of the following:-

- reset the PCM multiple times
-drove to areas with cell coverage and tried again after doing errands.
-got dealership to make sure car was released to me (it was)
-posted in the Ask a Dealer anything thread about this
-finally I got in touch with the Porsche Connect support. I deleted my original account which I setup long before I had a vin. I had to resubmit all my documents, they had to push the approval. Then finally after it was all done... nothing.
-randomly I got in the car after about 2 weeks and I had made it a habit to just test, put in my info, and what do you know, it lit up the box and let me login...

I say follow Luke's advice he gave me and just drive for a while. Don't worry too much about the settings as once you can login it resets a lot of things. Just enjoy it for a while and keep checking.

If that doesn't sit well with you. Call or Email Porsche Connect and see if they can help.

Good luck!

OP
OP

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I got mine, I did all of the following:-

- reset the PCM multiple times
-drove to areas with cell coverage and tried again after doing errands.
-got dealership to make sure car was released to me (it was)
-posted in the Ask a Dealer anything thread about this
-finally I got in touch with the Porsche Connect support. I deleted my original account which I setup long before I had a vin. I had to resubmit all my documents, they had to push the approval. Then finally after it was all done... nothing.
-randomly I got in the car after about 2 weeks and I had made it a habit to just test, put in my info, and what do you know, it lit up the box and let me login...

I say follow Luke's advice he gave me and just drive for a while. Don't worry too much about the settings as once you can login it resets a lot of things. Just enjoy it for a while and keep checking.

If that doesn't sit well with you. Call or Email Porsche Connect and see if they can help.

Good luck!
Thanks @6offsetin - I'll wait for Porsche to get back to me and will wait the requisite 2 weeks and keep my fingers crossed that at some point I will get to log in and get the connected stuff working. As @Chowster mentioned above, this is a minor inconvenience and certainly doesn't take away from the pleasure of driving.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks @6offsetin - I'll wait for Porsche to get back to me and will wait the requisite 2 weeks and keep my fingers crossed that at some point I will get to log in and get the connected stuff working. As @Chowster mentioned above, this is a minor inconvenience and certainly doesn't take away from the pleasure of driving.
I had my account go gray again yesterday and tried to reset and it did what has happened to others. It took forever and then gave me an error message. I drove on as "guest" and when I parked and came out of the grocery and got in, it asked me if I wanted to change accounts from "guest" and it worked normally. I deleted that account and signed in again just in case that helped. I don't know what is causing it to gray out my account yet.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I had my account go gray again yesterday and tried to reset and it did what has happened to others. It took forever and then gave me an error message. I drove on as "guest" and when I parked and came out of the grocery and got in, it asked me if I wanted to change accounts from "guest" and it worked normally. I deleted that account and signed in again just in case that helped. I don't know what is causing it to gray out my account yet.
At least two of us have documented that sometimes the Porsche Portal logs us onto the wrong countries servers. (GB instead of USA) Although this is for the online Connect functions (Web Portal), I wonder if it could be related?
Sponsored