ground clearance in lift mode

phil21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Tayan fans,

Does any of you know or can check on his/her Taycan what the ground clearance is, when the suspension is in "lift mode" (picture would be great as well)? I ordered a 4S and am a little worried to scrape the middle of the car on 1 slope I'll need to drive over quite regularly. My documentation says 127mm ground clearance but I am hoping that is not when in "lift mode" but rather when in "normal mode"?

Documentation also says 10,5° breakover angle but that doesn't tell me so much as I can't accurately measure that slope. So I am trying to compare to another car with same wheel base as the 4S and that passes the slope nicely. So need the ground clearance in lift mode to make the comparison with the other car makes sense.

All help appreciated to figure this out!!

thanks
Phil
Sponsored

Deleted member 1697

My documentation says 127mm ground clearance but I am hoping that is not when in "lift mode" but rather when in "normal mode"?
as I can see ... 127mm seems a lot ! even in lift mode or not

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Hi Tayan fans,

Does any of you know or can check on his/her Taycan what the ground clearance is, when the suspension is in "lift mode" (picture would be great as well)? I ordered a 4S and am a little worried to scrape the middle of the car on 1 slope I'll need to drive over quite regularly. My documentation says 127mm ground clearance but I am hoping that is not when in "lift mode" but rather when in "normal mode"?

Documentation also says 10,5° breakover angle but that doesn't tell me so much as I can't accurately measure that slope. So I am trying to compare to another car with same wheel base as the 4S and that passes the slope nicely. So need the ground clearance in lift mode to make the comparison with the other car makes sense.

thanks
Phil
In lift mode it should be 148mm

further discussed here

OP
OP

phil21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In lift mode it should be 148mm

further discussed here
Thanks very much for the pointer. Yes I had seen that other thread but seems bit up in the air and unconfirmed. Can anyone confirm from their car?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Hi Tayan fans,

thanks
Phil
Impressive research. I salute your willingness to do the math!

Will your dealer let you borrow a "test car"?

OP
OP

phil21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Impressive research. I salute your willingness to do the math!

Will your dealer let you borrow a "test car"?
? Would love that. The slope in question is abroad in Switzerland at our holiday home. Long 900km test drive ? Thanks for the idea though! Any help appreciated

OP
OP

phil21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
? Would love that. The slope in question is abroad in Switzerland at our holiday home. Long 900km test drive ? Thanks for the idea though! Any help appreciated
Anybody been able to measure their ground clearance in lift mode or take a picture please? Much appreciated.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The Taycan isn't that low.
I've lowered it 15mm.
Before that, the front spoiler was 160mm in Normal so in Lift mode it's about 180mm.
Even in my lowered car I can get over things with no problem whatsoever.
I use sport suspension for more dampening though.

OP
OP

phil21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've lowered it 15mm.
Before that, the front spoiler was 160mm in Normal so in Lift mode it's about 180mm.
Thanks looks like most of you think there is little risk to scrape middle of the taycan over the beginning of a slope compared to regular cars

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've lowered it 15mm.
After seeing a few people lower their cars I was thinking the same before I took delivery

then the 3 days I drove my car in central london. With our speed bumps and my car park, sports plus is a no no
Sponsored