GTS Allocation received! Build comments?

Which build is best? Gentian Blue GTS

• Total voters

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
One word, ok two words: great specs! :like:

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Yep, nice spec indeed and it’s all about making the car yours. I particularly like the subtle interior connections to the exterior colour; graphite blue seat belts etc. I have optioned similar in my CT4S.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Nice spec. I've not spec'd PDCC due to cost mainly and figured it's only needed for exreme driving. I've test driven 3 GTS and none had it and I was till very impressed with handling but it is no 911. I also prefer the RS Spyder wheels but this is a personal thing.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Just received word that my allocation was assigned.
So now we get to the task of finalizing the build.

I appreciate your thoughts and comments!
http://www.porschecode.com/PP8N8X10

View attachment 45639
Really nice spec! 👍🏼

I have a 4S+ in same color and with mission e wheels and almost the same extras.
Regarding your build, I would add:

Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front and Rear)
- it adds a little extra to the seats and Porsche feel.

B-Pillar Trims in Race-Tex
- avoid scratches when replacing the plastic part.

And I would remove:

Night Vision Assist
- the PDLS+ are so good you can see miles ahead. No need for night vision.

Advanced 4-Zone Climate Control
- Never understood how you can have different temperatures in a small place like a car. Also one more thing that can break.

Lastly, consider replacing the mission e with the RS Spyder wheels to save some money (they are also more rare than the mission e). But both wheels are cool. You can’t go wrong 😊

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
I really like your build, but I would try and look at the Graphite blue seatbelts at the dealer, in real life they are more gray than blue, and may not be what you are expecting. I considered them with my Neptune Blue build with Chalk interior, but after seeing them at the dealer, I changed my mind and went with Chalk seatbelts.

I would also agree that Racetex B pillar a great addition as I have also specced that on my GTS build and think it adds a nice finishing touch.

Congrats.

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
I really like your build, but I would try and look at the Graphite blue seatbelts at the dealer, in real life they are more gray than blue, and may not be what you are expecting. I considered them with my Neptune Blue build with Chalk interior, but after seeing them at the dealer, I changed my mind and went with Chalk seatbelts.

I would also agree that Racetex B pillar a great addition as I have also specced that on my GTS build and think it adds a nice finishing touch.

Congrats.
I do know what you mean about the graphite blue seatbelts!

what I’m really looking for is some contrast with the seats. I stayed away from the white/chalk/beige colors as I have seen them get stained/dirty.

that left black (no contrast), slate, red and the blue. Red belts won’t look good with the blue deviated stitching.

Not sure what to do really. If anyone has some opinions with regard to the seatbelt colors, I’m open!

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

what I’m really looking for is some contrast with the seats. I stayed away from the white/chalk/beige colors as I have seen them get stained/dirty.

that left black (no contrast), slate, red and the blue. Red belts won’t look good with the blue deviated stitching.

Not sure what to do really. If anyone has some opinions with regard to the seatbelt colors, I’m open!

I certainly see what you are going for, and I might add that the Speed Blue stitching is a very bright blue.

It is so hard to visualize these things on the configurator. I wanted to do contrast stitch so badly, but couldn't work out the best overall theme without going overboard. The light color interior concerned me as well initially, but with the new leather coatings that can be applied and intention to do light maintenance, I am hoping for the best.

I wish I had another idea for you, but personal preference reigns here, especially with color choice. (Maybe consider Chalk stitching and chalk seatbelts to match your calipers?) it might be worth getting the seatbelts cleaned every once in awhile if needed?

Bordeaux stitching and seatbelts another option, they will match and provide a not too jarring contrast as suppose to red, and liven up the interior?

I think that I would be concerned that all the blue's in your build might be mismatched? again personal preference.

I look forward to seeing your build when you get it and most certainly it will look great. Any type of contrast stitch as far as I'm concerned looks special and very Porsche.

here's my build as of now, a work in progress with a freeze date of 1/5/23
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPK6JMJ1

I think I need to add the e-mobility options that you have specced

Last edited:

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
@nischalr I think you lose a lot of the "umph" of the white brake calipers by going with the Taycan Exclusive Design Wheels. IMO (again, I picked the RS wheels), the RS wheels give you a bigger bang - you see much more white brake caliper with the RS wheels.

They're hiding behind the exclusives :)

Again, great build - this is using your code:

Porsche Taycan GTS Allocation received! Build comments? 1669534007503

Porsche Taycan GTS Allocation received! Build comments? 1669534054384

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@nischalr I think you lose a lot of the "umph" of the white brake calipers by going with the Taycan Exclusive Design Wheels. IMO (again, I picked the RS wheels), the RS wheels give you a bigger bang - you see much more white brake caliper with the RS wheels.

They're hiding behind the exclusives :)

Again, great build - this is using your code:

1669534007503.png

1669534054384.png

I agree with you about losing some of the bang of the white calipers. Somehow I have never been a fan of Spyder type wheels. If the aesthetics of the caliper were really important to me, I would probably gravitate to the Mission E wheel setup over the Spyder's. The Spyder's do look sporty and fit the character of the GTS probably the best, but 5 spokes have always spoken to me from cars that I admired growing up. I have alway been one to get some aftermarket wheels as well, so we will see what I come up with then!

Thanks for the comments and visualization you put together above.

I am really looking forward to seeing your Glacier Blue accents on the neptune blue! I may very well have to make that modification if I have time and you get your car soon.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag

I went for the graphite blue seatbelts and contrast stitching in the RaceTex roof handles. I was looking for something to provide a hint of the exterior colour against my interior and the graphite does that. The other blue option wasn’t what I was looking for.

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
I went for the graphite blue seatbelts and contrast stitching in the RaceTex roof handles. I was looking for something to provide a hint of the exterior colour against my interior and the graphite does that. The other blue option wasn’t what I was looking for.
@MrBlueSky, would you be able to post or PM a photo of your interior and seatbelts? I would love to see it!

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Vroomer,

When is your freeze date and any updates on your build? I find myself still on the configurator regularly, and can't wait until the freeze date so I can move on with my life, lol. I should probably pay more attention to my kids!
Sponsored