GTS Build - Any last minute changes or recommendations?

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), BMW M5 Competition
Country flag
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on my build below, the only thing I think I am concerned about is having race-tex interior for a daily driver (10-15k miles a year)....

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNJ652K1

Your thoughts are much appreciated :)
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on my build below, the only thing I think I am concerned about is having race-tex interior for a daily driver (10-15k miles a year)....

Personally, if you’re sticking to a budget, I’d be removing the passenger display (or the HUD) and adding the real axle steering. Else just add it to your existing spec!

Unless you’re going to be transporting young children who are frequently going to be eating messy food in the car, then I think with some basic care, you’ll likely have no issues with the Race-tex.

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Personally, if you’re sticking to a budget, I’d be removing the passenger display (or the HUD) and adding the real axle steering. Else just add it to your existing spec!

Unless you’re going to be transporting young children who are frequently going to be eating messy food in the car, then I think with some basic care, you’ll likely have no issues with the Race-tex.

Thanks for your reply.
The rear axle steering really make a diff?

No kids, no plans for kids, but we do have 3 dogs....tiny ones though, they dont make a mess, have small seat bets and would put protection over the seat part if they were ever muddy.....

Does hair/fluff stick to the fabric easily and hard to get off?

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
Rear steer is a must for me. I would bounce the passenger display or the HUD.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
hair/fluff doesn't sound like the right mix with Race-tex hahaha.

I would recommend swapping black race-tex to leather (free of charge).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All,

Drop HUD - unnecessary expense for what it is plus the data / info is already displayed in hi-res straight in front of you and so pointless IMHO.

Drop Passenger Display - limited use for most unless you have a solid use case for it.

RAS - 100% tick the box.

Race-tex/ leather combo will be durable - I had it in my Cayenne GTS and had zero issues with it. That said extended leather in two tone is a class act and would preference that over the standard interior. Personal choice at the end of the day.

ACC - I would also skip as you get cruise and a speed limiter as standard. Too many flaws with ACC for UK roads IMHO.

I know colour choice is hugely personal but I wouldn't go down the frozen anything path - not popular colours in UK if resale is a consideration.

Rear blue lettering is also a no go (sorry) and will spoil the discreteness of the smoked glass rear light strip.

Ioniser - had this in my Panamera but never felt the benefit to be honest.

Black brake calipers would look better in this colour combination.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Agree on HUD (and the binnacle looks ugly with it).

Only need for the passenger display is to break up the dash panel. If it were a single screen all the way across I'd feel better about it.

RAS defo.

I think the GTS specific interior really lifts it. So crayon or red.

I like ACC. Works well (in other cars anyway) in our too many 50mph motorway sections.

OP
OP

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rear steer is a must for me. I would bounce the passenger display or the HUD.
What makes it worthwhile having? I've never tried a car with it on before. I know it makes turning circle smaller... I guess it makes turning in more responsive?

hair/fluff doesn't sound like the right mix with Race-tex hahaha.

I would recommend swapping black race-tex to leather (free of charge).
😬😬 Mmm, yes especially as my dogs are white....

Anyone else experienced dog fur with race-tex? My dogs are Maltese so don't particularly malt...

Drop HUD - unnecessary expense for what it is plus the data / info is already displayed in hi-res straight in front of you and so pointless IMHO.

Drop Passenger Display - limited use for most unless you have a solid use case for it.

RAS - 100% tick the box.

Race-tex/ leather combo will be durable - I had it in my Cayenne GTS and had zero issues with it. That said extended leather in two tone is a class act and would preference that over the standard interior. Personal choice at the end of the day.

ACC - I would also skip as you get cruise and a speed limiter as standard. Too many flaws with ACC for UK roads IMHO.

I know colour choice is hugely personal but I wouldn't go down the frozen anything path - not popular colours in UK if resale is a consideration.

Rear blue lettering is also a no go (sorry) and will spoil the discreteness of the smoked glass rear light strip.

Ioniser - had this in my Panamera but never felt the benefit to be honest.

Black brake calipers would look better in this colour combination.
Thanks for the feedback.
I love the HUD on my M5, maybe I need to test drive a taycan with a HUD. I have seen the pictures of the dash buldge, I didn't think it looked too bad.

Passenger display, granted, it'd a gimmic. But thought it looked cool and might keep the mrs fingers off my centrr screen during important navigational moments.....lol.

ACC I don't think I could like without. My journey to work every day is one section of 12 mile motorway...
Does it not function that well?

Colour - You won't change my mind on this one 🤣 plus it will most likely be under business contract hire for tax reasons, so goes back after..

Agree on HUD (and the binnacle looks ugly with it).

Only need for the passenger display is to break up the dash panel. If it were a single screen all the way across I'd feel better about it.

RAS defo.

I think the GTS specific interior really lifts it. So crayon or red.

I like ACC. Works well (in other cars anyway) in our too many 50mph motorway sections.
Defo will check out the HUD in person...

The price for the crayon gts stiching put me off 🤣 the Standard gts interior felt special enough...

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
What makes it worthwhile having? I've never tried a car with it on before. I know it makes turning circle smaller... I guess it makes turning in more responsive?
Low speed = more ability, high speed - more stability.

ACC I don't think I could like without. My journey to work every day is one section of 12 mile motorway...
Does it not function that well?
From what I’ve read, ACC works reasonably well - it’s the Innodrive that is less well-regarded, and doesn’t seem to be close to Tesla autopilot. That said, if you want the car to drive itself you might as well buy a Tesla - people buy Porsches to drive, not to be driven!
Sponsored