GTS Orders UK

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
RWS is, in my opinion, a "must-have" on a car of this length!
Your updated spec looks nice, but Volcano Grey is such a boring colour.
Carmine Red is so much more fun! It only takes you over budget by £279, you could lose the Privacy Glass (get it tinted at a later date, if desired) to get it under.
Sponsored

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I don't have RWS and park in a small garage at work every day. No issue at all. I am sure it would "tuck in" better with the RWS and I would appreciate it, but I do not believe it is a "must have". Porsche generally have good turning circles.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
RWS is, in my opinion, a "must-have" on a car of this length!
Your updated spec looks nice, but Volcano Grey is such a boring colour. Carmine Red is so much more fun! It only takes you over budget by £279.
Having had a Daytona Grey RS4 what i will say is that its the best paint for not showing scratches etc. I agree, not as exciting as Carmine. I also like Carerra White but again, family not a fan. Ive had several black cars and its just too hard work. Gentain is lovely on the 911, not so keen on the Taycan. Mamba a deff NO!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Sure,

I am buying the car on Salary Sacrifice and the additional £900+ for Carmine takes me over budget so its more of a compromise than anything else. It would still be my first choice. I really like the Ice Blue but my wife isnt a fan.
I see the RWS as more of an essential item given the size of the car will make turning in and out of the driveway much easier with less chance of my curbing the wheels etc.
The electric cover has the tendency to freeze in the winter and wont open. The swipe is also unreliable in the wet.
Annoying, is there no way you could pay a slightly bigger upfront payment to secure the colour? Carmine Red really does suit the Taycan GTS! Darker colours don't work as well with the blacked out accents.

I would definitely spec RAS. Fortunately I have been in a position to hire a lot of cars past 8 months of various sizes, and in various countries.

That has helped me decide that I do indeed want Race-Tex and not leather; and for long, wide vehicles and tight turns, I also need RAS especially as my first ever (nasty) scratch was that exact scenario in a rented SUV, though it was my own fault for not checking mirrors half asleep at 4.30am.

I have heard those issues about the electric cover, but I will risk it as I like the black accent. For the wet, keep a cloth in the car and wipe it down.

When you know it will be cold, bring a flask of hot water, or have some antifreeze to hand.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
(Why was the GTS section removed? We can't be expected to discuss sweaty posteriors in the general section, surely? :D)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
(Why was the GTS section removed? We can't be expected to discuss sweaty posteriors in the general section, surely? :D)
Admin put up a poll last week asking whether it'd be more logical and convenient for GTS content to now be merged back with all the other Taycan content.
I do agree that there should still be a special dark corner for Race-Tex fetishism to be pursued out of sight of the innocent.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Admin put up a poll last week asking whether it'd be more logical and convenient for GTS content to now be merged back with all the other Taycan content.
I do agree that there should still be a special dark corner for Race-Tex fetishism to be pursued out of sight of the innocent.
Haha @Murph7355 will be posting under a pseudonym (in his Race-Tex lined Y-fronts).

But yes, I did u turn on my interior material decision. It had to happen.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Sure,

I am buying the car on Salary Sacrifice and the additional £900+ for Carmine takes me over budget so its more of a compromise than anything else. It would still be my first choice. I really like the Ice Blue but my wife isnt a fan.
I see the RWS as more of an essential item given the size of the car will make turning in and out of the driveway much easier with less chance of my curbing the wheels etc.
The electric cover has the tendency to freeze in the winter and wont open. The swipe is also unreliable in the wet.
RWS reduces the turning circle by a massive 60cm from 11.8m to 11.2m.
I dont understand why that makes it a must have! I also park in a tight space and have no problem without it.
I even park ok without surround cameras and I have never kerbed my wheels.
If you read some posts on this forum about ‘must haves’ you might think I must have supernatural powers!

Two of my ‘looks’ opinions about Taycans are highlighted by the GTS.

I like symmetry and contrast.

The black detailing on a GTS looks much better in contrast with a bright or pale colour. Choose one, there are plenty! Carmine is bonkers ace!
Volcano, Black and Gentian are all lovely but they hide the GTS features and they are a bit ‘safe’
Those colours look better with chrome detailing on a 4S or Turbo

Privacy.
Lack of symmetry spoils the silhouette. Get front and back windows tinted the same up to legal limit after if you want so it doesn’t look like a delivery van from the side.

Party trick electric ports are an utter waste of time with potential problems and the extra black bits look fussy. Button should have been under the mirror.
If you want more black (on a pale car) then do the door handles but I think this is too much! At least it’s rear AND front door handles so much more pleasing to the eye than privacy glass!

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I dont understand why that makes it a must have! I also park in a tight space and have no problem without it.
If you read some posts on this forum about ‘must haves’ you might think I must have supernatural powers!

The black detailing on a GTS looks much better in contrast with a bright or pale colour. Choose one, there are plenty! Carmine is bonkers ace!
Volcano, Black and Gentian are all lovely but they hide the GTS features and they are a bit ‘safe’

Privacy.
Lack of symmetry spoils the silhouette. Get front and back windows tinted the same up to legal limit after if you want so it doesn’t look like a delivery van from the side.

Party trick electric ports are an utter waste of time with potential problems and the extra black bits look fussy. Button should have been under the mirror.
If you want more black (on a pale car) then do the door handles but I think this is too much! At least it’s rear AND front door handles so much more pleasing to the eye than privacy glass!
Thanks for the info. Its so hard to know what to do for the best. Carmine is my favorite hands down. The RWS was impressive but as you say, small gains for alot of money.
Back to the configurator, and maybe another visit to the Porsche centre.

Last edited:

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Its so hard to know what to do for the best. Carmine is my favorite hands down. The RWS was impressive but as you say, small gains for alot of money.
Back to the configurator, and maybe another visit to the Porsche centre.
I initially thought about trying to fly under the radar with a Volcano 4S on my first Taycan. As I said, nice colour.
Eventually I went with what I wanted and got the Crayon. Loved it so much the GTS is coming in Crayon too and that will really snap with all the black details!
Above all else get the colour you want!
Everything else is less important, but keep Race Tex for true GTS.
Carmine and Crayon were the GTS launch colours for very good reasons even if they are the expensive ‘specials’.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I initially thought about trying to fly under the radar with a Volcano 4S on my first Taycan. As I said, nice colour.
Eventually I went with what I wanted and got the Crayon. Loved it so much the GTS is coming in Crayon too and that will really snap with all the black details!
Above all else get the colour you want!
Everything else is less important, but keep Race Tex for true GTS.
Carmine and Crayon were the GTS launch colours for very good reasons even if they are the expensive ‘specials’.
Thanks Ross, think ill continue with ditching the elec cover as its really not required (although, I do recall something about mesh in the vents and potential damage if you dont have them?) and will maybe go for the brushed aluminium illuminated door guards.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Privacy.

I'm beginning to come round to your observation about privacy glass (totally agree about colour).

The more I look at it now, the more peculiar it looks. It does hurt the symmetry of the car and tbh, hardly anyone will use the rear seats and even if they do, will the privacy glass provide any practical utility? No.

This may be something I will drop. Instead, the acoustically insulated laminated glass might instead be something I will consider, plus it looks like it slightly darkens all panels of the side glass, complementing the GTS accents.

It also has practical utility - at least according to this thread.

Porsche Taycan GTS Orders UK 1653469577184

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I've opted for it, but I didn't feel the Taycan was unwieldy without it, so if there were other priorities for my cash I could happily live without it. In fact, if you're already used to manoeuvring a similar wheelbase vehicle, maybe RAS will initially need some mental recalibration when negotiating tight spaces.
Sponsored