GTS price increase for MY 2023

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Just noticed that the configurator on Porsche's USA site already reflects new pricing for 2023 models. I now get a prompt when loading previously saved configs to the new model year 2023 pricing. This price hike is not as bad as I expected considering the global shortages and higher cost of raw materials, like soaring lithium carbonate prices (for batteries).

Looks like GTS base pricing went up by only around $3k USD. Not too bad I guess. Perhaps they are just saving the larger price hike for the 2024 Taycan face lift.
Sponsored

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Less than I expected TBH.

FWIW I loaded my previously saved GTS ST config (last saved 4/17) and it did not indicate any required changes.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Just noticed that the configurator on Porsche's USA site already reflects new pricing for 2023 models. I now get a prompt when loading previously saved configs to the new model year 2023 pricing. This price hike is not as bad as I expected considering the global shortages and higher cost of raw materials, like soaring lithium carbonate prices (for batteries).

Looks like GTS base pricing went up by only around $3k USD. Not too bad I guess. Perhaps they are just saving the larger price hike for the 2024 Taycan face lift.

If prices have gone up then has the base specification changed and are there any different options available on the Configurator?

bergs

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan RWD, '20 Cayenne, '18 Model 3
Country flag
i noticed two changes in config:
1) no mention of rear bike rack fitment option. this was confirmed by dealer when i saw their GTS ST on the floor. the CT has the adapters bolted on, but the diffuser on ST is more like the sedan and is thinner
2) option to add rear cargo net

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If prices have gone up then has the base specification changed and are there any different options available on the Configurator?
No change to base spec but two options no longer available on my GTS - Race-tex B pillar and one other low cost option that I haven't figured out yet.

VLC roof is there.

Bike carrier prep is still there too.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
1) no mention of rear bike rack fitment option. this was confirmed by dealer when i saw their GTS ST on the floor. the CT has the adapters bolted on, but the diffuser on ST is more like the sedan and is thinner
Prep for carrier is available in UK (GTS ST) so I'd assume globally for all variants too) in order to use the Porsche cycle carrier. Appears on my build.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No change to base spec but two options no longer available on my GTS - Race-tex B pillar and one other low cost option that I haven't figured out yet.
Race-tex B-pillar is on the options list for MY23 GTS

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I think some availability issues will likely change towards the end of the year as new suppliers are found.

All it does mean is - you guessed it - price increases on options.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think some availability issues will likely change towards the end of the year as new suppliers are found.

All it does mean is - you guessed it - price increases on options.
The biggest threat to any delivery is what will happen in Eastern Europe (and in particular Germany). With gas supplies already suspended to several countries (Poland & Bulgaria) the fear is that Germany could be targeted which will be catastrophic for most manufacturing requirements.

The only constant here is change and sadly people are suffering hugely.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The biggest threat to any delivery is what will happen in Eastern Europe (and in particular Germany). With gas supplies already suspended to several countries (Poland & Bulgaria) the fear is that Germany could be targeted which will be catastrophic for most manufacturing requirements.

The only constant here is change and sadly people are suffering hugely.
Agree. I wrote on these boards a few weeks back that this very scenario was a risk - and now it's happening.

Germany being soft with their RU sanctions, well of course. Russia has their entire economy (manufacturing) shackled to a big pipe.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Price rise of the car itself was "only" £700 or so I think? Pretty sure the total cost of mine actually dropped a bit (and as noted, cycle prep and Race-Tex loveliness on the B-Pillar still there). When you consider the price hikes on necessities lately, I thought that was OK (what is the world coming to when a Yorkshireman thinks another £700 is OK?!).

VLC roof adds £2.5k. No thanks. Will buy the kids sunglasses.

Contacted my dealer yesterday. They only have a saloon to test drive (which I'll aim to do - main thing I want to check is suspension firmness and ride height).

They've had precisely zero GTS ST allocations thus far. So looks like I'm still 16th on the list :D

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Price rise of the car itself was "only" £700 or so I think? Pretty sure the total cost of mine actually dropped a bit (and as noted, cycle prep and Race-Tex loveliness on the B-Pillar still there). When you consider the price hikes on necessities lately, I thought that was OK (what is the world coming to when a Yorkshireman thinks another £700 is OK?!).

VLC roof adds £2.5k. No thanks. Will buy the kids sunglasses.

Contacted my dealer yesterday. They only have a saloon to test drive (which I'll aim to do - main thing I want to check is suspension firmness and ride height).

They've had precisely zero GTS ST allocations thus far. So looks like I'm still 16th on the list :D
I think other (smaller?) dealers are in the same boat.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
See my reply to a previous post - https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...rier-tested-effect-on-range.9843/#post-141039

"I have the bike carrier rack on my 4CT. I have not noticed much affect on range; however, I have not used it on a road trip yet. I just returned from PCA Werks at Amelia Island Florida where I was able to see the new GTS ST. This was a USA vehicle. I noticed that there was no removable cover on the back to access the bike rack attachment points. When I ask the Porsche employees about it they informed me that the ST would not be available with bike rack attachment option and if that was important then you would need to order the CT. I did look on the US configurator and the option to order the bike carrier on a ST is listed as an option?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't forget at least for UK buyers, the Bose system has dropped in price.

Lord knows how I'll spend that extra £100 odd pounds.

Perhaps on some chicken fillets based on where things are going.
Sponsored