GTS Race-Tex Interior protection (fabric spray) ?

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Some advice please.

My GTS ST is 5 weeks away from its build slot with delivery mid to late March hopefully.

I've been looking at the GTechniq Smart Fabric Spray which looks like it will do the job.
I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Some advice please.

My GTS ST is 5 weeks away from its build slot with delivery mid to late March hopefully.

I've been looking at the GTechniq Smart Fabric Spray which looks like it will do the job.
I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
I've got this ready for my GTS on order https://wax-it.eu/en/gyeon-q2-fabriccoat-400ml

Gyeon Q2 Fabric Coat

Out of interest how do you know your production date. The Porsche Order system shows my GTS as delivered 24th Feb but I have no idea on productiob date. The My Porsche App shows as Stage 2. My freeze date was 21st Dec. Cheers

OP
OP
G7SUM

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I've got this ready for my GTS on order https://wax-it.eu/en/gyeon-q2-fabriccoat-400ml

Gyeon Q2 Fabric Coat

Out of interest how do you know your production date. The Porsche Order system shows my GTS as delivered 24th Feb but I have no idea on productiob date. The My Porsche App shows as Stage 2. My freeze date was 21st Dec. Cheers
Thanks,

Will have a look at the Gyeon product.

My SA sent me the following:

Porsche Taycan GTS Race-Tex Interior protection (fabric spray) ? Order update

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Thanks,

Will have a look at the Gyeon product.

My SA sent me the following:

Order update.png
Thanks I will chase my salesman. He told me last week the order still had 24th Feb but may not have checked the status.

Thanks for the info and good luck with yours

Rab88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I've had Alcantara in my daily cars for years (now have it in my GTS). I'm of the opinion it doesn't need protection. And after 5 years it'll look better than leather. All you need with Alcantara is a damp microfibre cloth and it looks brand new. If you do happen to get a stubborn stain then Sonax Alcantara cleaner takes it straight out. [Just my opinion]

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I've had Alcantara in my daily cars for years (now have it in my GTS). I'm of the opinion it doesn't need protection. And after 5 years it'll look better than leather. All you need with Alcantara is a damp microfibre cloth and it looks brand new. If you do happen to get a stubborn stain then Sonax Alcantara cleaner takes it straight out. [Just my opinion]
Depends on if you are ferrying around kids or not. We have a little one, so damn straight I protected it 😄

OP
OP
G7SUM

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Thanks,

I deliberated over leather/ Race Tex as i have two boys who play rugby and love mud.
For me, the GTS has to have it so ill live with the consequences.

Codeias

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST (MY23), 911 Carrera 4 GTS (997)
Country flag
My GTS ST is protected with Gyeon (inside and out), 3 boys, all fine on this end… it gets valleted every 2 weeks mind!! 😳😂

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Related question... this is my first time getting Race-Tex steering wheel, I've noticed that I always leaves a white park on my (dark color) pants. when in exit the car. Is this normal? or anyway to prevent?

Thanks

Codeias

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST (MY23), 911 Carrera 4 GTS (997)
Country flag
Related question... this is my first time getting Race-Tex steering wheel, I've noticed that I always leaves a white park on my (dark color) pants. when in exit the car. Is this normal? or anyway to prevent?

Thanks
Never had this on any of my 3 cars with Alcantara / Race Tex so couldn’t comment I’m afraid. Sorry.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag

How do you take care of the steering wheel? Doesn't the Race-Tex look matted and a bit "meh" after a while? I remember reading some procedure with a toothbrush to clean it and bring it back looking new, but can't place it.

Have a GTS on the way and wondering how I'm going to keep the steering wheel looking good.

GtechRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
We (Gtechniq) are about to launch an updated fabric protector (Smart Fabric v3).

V2 already outperformed mainstream products (including ones mentioned on this thread) by about 40%. V3 ups this again and also includes an anti mould additive (see this test for our marine version - auto version will perform the same).

Looking at my gantt chart - we are launching at the end of this month
Sponsored