Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Thank you all for a very informative and constructive forum. My first post here to get your help on picking a color for my upcoming GTS Sport Turismo. It will be my daily, so can't be too crazy.

And I know, I know - color is extremely subjective, I should just get what I like, but the thing is I'm not in love with any of the colors (yet).

For me, it's between Jet Black, Dolomite Silver and Ice Grey (Mamba and Carmine are beautiful, but too much for me, and Crayon is not metallic).
  1. Jet Black - an overall classic, can't go wrong, but also won't get the most out of a GTS. GTS details won't show as well (lower mirror trim, sport design front intakes, electric charging port), and the exterior will be close to a Cross Turismo (plastic cladding not very visible on Jet Black). Still the most popular by far, so good for resale, I suppose...
  2. Dolomite Silver - close to the GTS classic GT Silver, though with substantially stronger blueish tint. GTS details will show nicely, but the car somehow looks a little less aggressive. Third most popular color (in Norway anyway), so probably still good for resale
  3. Ice Grey - very hard to understand this color even after a PhD from the "Ice Grey Club" forum, seeing it in the wild, and seeing it in a showroom (spent two hours at the dealer scratching my head). Looks white from a distance, slight greyish tint up close, but sometimes also appears flat grey in some light conditions. Feels more unique (and aggressive) and highlights the GTS details well, but will it the color look dull with a little dirt and dust? Also, one of the least popular colors so far (very low sales even if only introduced in MY2022), so resale would probably suffer?
Have also considered buying plain black and spending the difference++ to wrap it in GT Silver, but feels like a complete waste...

What colors have you chosen, or would you choose for a GTS Sport Turismo, and why?

PS: On resale value - I'm not buying the car for the next owner, but need to think ahead. If I can limit depreciation, I can afford to buy a fun car next time around as well (in 1-2 years). If I go crazy on spec and end up taking a much bigger loss, my fun car budget will deplete much faster ?
Sponsored

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
I’ve been having this dilemma too. Currently have a jet black Taycan 4S which I love but doesn’t show the lines as well as it could. I have decided to go for Neptune blue I think on my incoming GTS ST.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
One vote for Dolomite silver. Personally I am in for a chalk (crayon) sedan. But Dolomite Silver was my second choice. I liked it for multiple reasons:
1. Futuristic spaceship vibe and look
2. Hide the dirt better than black and white colors
3. Show off the black components well

but, one downside is, it could look a bit “old-fashionedwith the sedan (Mercedes color with their premium sedan)

but with a ST I will DS will be a great choice. Slight doubt on ice grey, it costs extra $$$ but won’t distinguish that much from silver or white, haven’t seen one in person so just my 2c.

Again, really subjective view, I don’t think you will regret with any of the choices.

OP
OP

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One vote for Dolomite silver. Personally I am in for a chalk (crayon) sedan. But Dolomite Silver was my second choice. I liked it for multiple reasons:
1. Futuristic spaceship vibe and look
2. Hide the dirt better than black and white colors
3. Show off the black components well

but, one downside is, it could look a bit “old-fashionedwith the sedan (Mercedes color with their premium sedan)

but with a ST I will DS will be a great choice. Slight doubt on ice grey, it costs extra $$$ but won’t distinguish that much from silver or white, haven’t seen one in person so just my 2c.

Again, really subjective view, I don’t think you will regret with any of the choices.
Excellent, thank you so much!
Chalk is beautiful, but better for smaller cars in my opinion. Also really brings out the lines and details, so will be awesome for the sedan ??

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
GT silver has been my all time favorite. I have lived with Ice Grey now for a month and I could not think of a better colour in Nordic countries. I still go to garage at nights and any time my wife leaves house I need to see the colour in live. It is stunning and while red is out of question, Ice Grey is spectacular for GTS. In pictures it seem white(ish) but in live greyish.
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo color ? 0F03064A-78FD-4DE0-80A5-2836A0F15C83

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you all for a very informative and constructive forum. My first post here to get your help on picking a color for my upcoming GTS Sport Turismo. It will be my daily, so can't be too crazy.

And I know, I know - color is extremely subjective, I should just get what I like, but the thing is I'm not in love with any of the colors (yet).

For me, it's between Jet Black, Dolomite Silver and Ice Grey (Mamba and Carmine are beautiful, but too much for me, and Crayon is not metallic).
  1. Jet Black - an overall classic, can't go wrong, but also won't get the most out of a GTS. GTS details won't show as well (lower mirror trim, sport design front intakes, electric charging port), and the exterior will be close to a Cross Turismo (plastic cladding not very visible on Jet Black). Still the most popular by far, so good for resale, I suppose...
  2. Dolomite Silver - close to the GTS classic GT Silver, though with substantially stronger blueish tint. GTS details will show nicely, but the car somehow looks a little less aggressive. Third most popular color (in Norway anyway), so probably still good for resale
  3. Ice Grey - very hard to understand this color even after a PhD from the "Ice Grey Club" forum, seeing it in the wild, and seeing it in a showroom (spent two hours at the dealer scratching my head). Looks white from a distance, slight greyish tint up close, but sometimes also appears flat grey in some light conditions. Feels more unique (and aggressive) and highlights the GTS details well, but will it the color look dull with a little dirt and dust? Also, one of the least popular colors so far (very low sales even if only introduced in MY2022), so resale would probably suffer?
Have also considered buying plain black and spending the difference++ to wrap it in GT Silver, but feels like a complete waste...

What colors have you chosen, or would you choose for a GTS Sport Turismo, and why?

PS: On resale value - I'm not buying the car for the next owner, but need to think ahead. If I can limit depreciation, I can afford to buy a fun car next time around as well (in 1-2 years). If I go crazy on spec and end up taking a much bigger loss, my fun car budget will deplete much faster ?
It is a real nightmare to decide.

If you go black consider the front PPF wrap option as black will show marks more readily and is a softer paint.

My default is Volcano but if I were brave I'd go Mamba. Right now I have Carmine selected but doesn't look that good in our climate.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Ice grey.

OP
OP

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve been having this dilemma too. Currently have a jet black Taycan 4S which I love but doesn’t show the lines as well as it could. I have decided to go for Neptune blue I think on my incoming GTS ST.
Thanks a lot! Neptune blue also an awesome color to bring that brings the car to life. Unfortunately I need to be a little more subdued ?

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
Hi.
I’ve gone for a jet black All the best GTS) for multiple reasons (mostly aligned with yours) -
1) personal taste (the most important);
2) resale value (black is a very neutral color; 3) it’s my everyday car and a dark color is less prompt to “fatigue”
4) black turns the car a little more discreet (if it’s possible to be discreet in a taycan)
5) being a GTS I do not want the electric charging ports - as their motors will block the air vents so the visual aesthetic it is not relevant regarding a color

my second option would be definitely dolomite silver. It’s a spectacular color.

All the best!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GT silver has been my all time favorite. I have lived with Ice Grey now for a month and I could not think of a better colour in Nordic countries. I still go to garage at nights and any time my wife leaves house I need to see the colour in live. It is stunning and while red is out of question, Ice Grey is spectacular for GTS. In pictures it seem white(ish) but in live greyish.
0F03064A-78FD-4DE0-80A5-2836A0F15C83.jpeg
Awesome! How "metallic" is it really? Concerned it may be a little flat and grey..? In the showroom it's not, of course, but in the wild I wasn't sure if it was Ice Grey or Crayon (maybe it even was Crayon ?)

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

I’ve had two previous Porsche‘s in Dolomite silver and my GTS will also be in that colour. Safe, shows the black off well, stays clean better than the darker ones and is a true Porsche colour.

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag

Generally, black is the best option for resale value as it tends to appeal to the most buyers. But these are hot cars (and will be for the next 1-2 years, most likely) so the spread probably won't be much to worry about. I think the black looks great -- that's also what I've ordered on my Taycan -- but the Dolomite silver is a classic Porsche color and looks great and classy. Like others have said, it shows off the car's lines and makes it look more spaceman-like than any other color out there. And it stays much cleaner than black!

With either of those two, I'd think you can't go wrong.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag

For me it's between Volcano Grey (with the GTS interior in red) and Dolomite Silver (with the GTS interior in Grey). I still can't decide, but will hope to see a few more cars in the flesh before I have to finalise my order.

My wife says Black will make the car look like a hearse (and hide the GTS-specific trim), so that's out. I think the Dolomite silver is similar to the Rhodium Silver I used to have on my 991 GT3, so is a lovely colour. Volcano grey is probably airy similar to the Atlas grey I had on my 997 C4S.

I think you'll be happy with whichever colour you choose!
Inhad Rhodo

GileP

First Name
Giles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've gone for Volcano Grey. in my mind it's going to be Batman Grey!

Black is too dark and as said can perhaps be a bit hearse like.

I've already got a dolomite 4S. It looks great from the front and the rear but a bit slab sided, I think, from the side. Grey with black bits and bobs and those gorgeous new GTS wheels seems to be the best option

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
For a bold GTS - should PTS be an option - Rubystone red or a dark British racing green with black accents.
In the regular range, Crayon looks mean while white / mission E wheels combo is a safe bet imho
Sponsored