GTS Sport Turismo color ?

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
For a bold GTS - should PTS be an option - Rubystone red or a dark British racing green with black accents.
In the regular range, Crayon looks mean while white / mission E wheels combo is a safe bet imho
With PTS, you almost can't go wrong, so many gorgeous colors to choose from...
Sponsored

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
Awesome! How "metallic" is it really? Concerned it may be a little flat and grey..? In the showroom it's not, of course, but in the wild I wasn't sure if it was Ice Grey or Crayon (maybe it even was Crayon ?)
Ice Grey is very shiny outdoors and more shiny than f.ex. Carrara White. In some lights it is greyish an in some more blueish. Anyway hard to describe other than it is awesome ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
For a bold GTS - should PTS be an option - Rubystone red or a dark British racing green with black accents.
In the regular range, Crayon looks mean while white / mission E wheels combo is a safe bet imho
For PTS you'll need to allow 6 MTHS give or take as part of your delivery window. At a not insignificant cost I think that money would be better spent on leather and some of the other options you've currently excluded.

PTS is a tempter for sure!

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I was going to order an ice grey metallic but once again I’ve changed my mind and now I’m thinking carmine red GTS

Most of the colours are nice so I change my mind at the moment as often as the governments covid advice!

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
I've gone Ice Grey.
Was going Neptune or IGM but my dealer principle just got his Turbo S in Ice Grey and it made my mind up!
Absolutely stunning, and looked amazing on Monday even tho his car was filthy!

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Cayenne S, Taycan GTS due March
Country flag
Thank you all for a very informative and constructive forum. My first post here to get your help on picking a color for my upcoming GTS Sport Turismo. It will be my daily, so can't be too crazy.

And I know, I know - color is extremely subjective, I should just get what I like, but the thing is I'm not in love with any of the colors (yet).

For me, it's between Jet Black, Dolomite Silver and Ice Grey (Mamba and Carmine are beautiful, but too much for me, and Crayon is not metallic).
  1. Jet Black - an overall classic, can't go wrong, but also won't get the most out of a GTS. GTS details won't show as well (lower mirror trim, sport design front intakes, electric charging port), and the exterior will be close to a Cross Turismo (plastic cladding not very visible on Jet Black). Still the most popular by far, so good for resale, I suppose...
  2. Dolomite Silver - close to the GTS classic GT Silver, though with substantially stronger blueish tint. GTS details will show nicely, but the car somehow looks a little less aggressive. Third most popular color (in Norway anyway), so probably still good for resale
  3. Ice Grey - very hard to understand this color even after a PhD from the "Ice Grey Club" forum, seeing it in the wild, and seeing it in a showroom (spent two hours at the dealer scratching my head). Looks white from a distance, slight greyish tint up close, but sometimes also appears flat grey in some light conditions. Feels more unique (and aggressive) and highlights the GTS details well, but will it the color look dull with a little dirt and dust? Also, one of the least popular colors so far (very low sales even if only introduced in MY2022), so resale would probably suffer?
Have also considered buying plain black and spending the difference++ to wrap it in GT Silver, but feels like a complete waste...

What colors have you chosen, or would you choose for a GTS Sport Turismo, and why?

PS: On resale value - I'm not buying the car for the next owner, but need to think ahead. If I can limit depreciation, I can afford to buy a fun car next time around as well (in 1-2 years). If I go crazy on spec and end up taking a much bigger loss, my fun car budget will deplete much faster ?
I’m having the same nightmare!! I currently have a 4s in Carrara white. Gts on order and cannot decide between the Carmine Red, Black, dolomite silver or the Neptune blue.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I was going to order an ice grey metallic but once again I’ve changed my mind and now I’m thinking carmine red GTS

Most of the colours are nice so I change my mind at the moment as often as the governments covid advice!
I don’t want a bright coloured car, but I do think that Carmine Red is a nice colour and is obviously ‘the‘ colour associated with the GTS. However, I do think it should a ‘free option’ or at least included in the cost of the GTS interior pack.

JanOve

First Name
Jan Ove
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo 2022
Country flag
Hi. I saw cars in many colors at my local dealer. I was flickering between Mamba Green and Sherry Red…… but when seeing the cars live , i fell for Dolomite Silver with all details in black and CT 21 wheels in shiny black. :) (image is with winter wheels)
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo color ? 86CA189C-43A0-4085-904F-F0C534968DB3

G5day

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 991.2 GTS 4 Conv, Macan Turbo
Country flag
GT silver has been my all time favorite. I have lived with Ice Grey now for a month and I could not think of a better colour in Nordic countries. I still go to garage at nights and any time my wife leaves house I need to see the colour in live. It is stunning and while red is out of question, Ice Grey is spectacular for GTS. In pictures it seem white(ish) but in live greyish.
0F03064A-78FD-4DE0-80A5-2836A0F15C83.jpeg
Would love to see more pics of ice grey bothin sun and shade. Like all struggling on colour choice. Already have crayon 911 GTS so don’t want two the same. Black and very dark colours show the marks, hide all the GTS trims and for me the spider GTS wheels need a lighter colour. Been looking at the blue colours but the gentian is to close to wife’s GLS and the light options don’t like. As such been looking at the custom colour options 😨

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here are some Ice Grey pics. It is far from Crayon, never beigeish or Brownish.

Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo color ? IMG_20220403_084944

Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo color ? IMG_20220403_085151

Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo color ? IMG_20220403_085040

Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo color ? IMG_20220402_143404

Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo color ? IMG_20220403_085021

Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo color ? IMG_20220204_112849

Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo color ? IMG_20220204_112156

Last edited:

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would love to see more pics of ice grey bothin sun and shade. Like all struggling on colour choice. Already have crayon 911 GTS so don’t want two the same. Black and very dark colours show the marks, hide all the GTS trims and for me the spider GTS wheels need a lighter colour. Been looking at the blue colours but the gentian is to close to wife’s GLS and the light options don’t like. As such been looking at the custom colour options 😨
Check out answer in threat. 👍

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
The one thing I am unwavered on: colour.

Carmine red for my GTS from day one.

That car needs a bright, attention grabbing colour. Chalk is my next choice, it is stunning, but seems to suit better the saloon and CT. It seems too muted on the ST body style.

Moreover, I believe the Taycan ST will be looked back on no differently than the classics of the 1930-40s era, when combustion engine technology started taking off.

It will be a future classic in the burgeoning era of the EV sports car.

Collectors will want Carmine Red for the GTS. The Matchbox colour. Perhaps my Taycan may be a holder rather than a sell after 2-3 years.

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
The one thing I am unwavered on: colour.

Carmine red for my GTS from day one.

That car needs a bright, attention grabbing colour. Chalk is my next choice, it is stunning, but seems to suit better the saloon and CT. It seems too muted on the ST body style.

Moreover, I believe the Taycan ST will be looked back on no differently than the classics of the 1930-40s era, when combustion engine technology started taking off.

It will be a future classic in the burgeoning era of the EV sports car.

Collectors will want Carmine Red for the GTS. The Matchbox colour. Perhaps my Taycan may be a holder rather than a sell after 2-3 years.
Just got this Jet Black Metallic. Hasn’t been detailed yet in the pics.

Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo color ? 9F4AB4A4-5276-4AD6-801E-F4FC0EDB1939

Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo color ? BB41265C-030D-49DB-9B9D-EE37FDE9493E