OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
@Alias very interesting to see your final three selections which were identical to mine.

I thought the car looked its best in Black. That was the colour of my test drive vehicle. A black body integrates the black front end, rear end and side skirt elements to present the best integrated representation of the Taycan shape. However my last car was all black and I vowed never again due to the maintenance. I imagine in Norway it would be a nightmare in winter to keep clean. With a heavy heart Black was eliminated.

Next was Ice Grey and this was in my configuration for quite a long time. Very nice colour which would compliment a black interior and I could accent with black finishes. I moved away from Ice Grey only because I’m not sure it is a classic Porsche colour and is a little more trendy. Put Frozen Berry in the same basket. Ice Grey was eliminated.

So in the end I decided on Dolomite Silver. More of a classic Porsche colour, supports an all black interior and it is something I can make look more aggressive. You can see a picture of the car I’ve order in my profile. I’ve gone with the 21” wheels in gloss black, gloss black brake calipers and gloss black Taycan GTS badge. This picks up the gloss black finishes in the side skirts, front end, rear end and side mirror base included in the GTS. I think the 21” wheels in black make the car look more aggressive and together with the Dolomite Silver keep it more traditional Porsche. What is traditional Porsche you might ask? Given its my first Porsche, its purely the perception that exists inside my head.

Hope this helps. Not an easy decision!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
@Alias very interesting to see your final three selections which were identical to mine.

I thought the car looked its best in Black. That was the colour of my test drive vehicle. A black body integrates the black front end, rear end and side skirt elements to present the best integrated representation of the Taycan shape. However my last car was all black and I vowed never again due to the maintenance. I imagine in Norway it would be a nightmare in winter to keep clean. With a heavy heart Black was eliminated.

Next was Ice Grey and this was in my configuration for quite a long time. Very nice colour which would compliment a black interior and I could accent with black finishes. I moved away from Ice Grey only because I’m not sure it is a classic Porsche colour and is a little more trendy. Put Frozen Berry in the same basket. Ice Grey was eliminated.

So in the end I decided on Dolomite Silver. More of a classic Porsche colour, supports an all black interior and it is something I can make look more aggressive. You can see a picture of the car I’ve order in my profile. I’ve gone with the 21” wheels in gloss black, gloss black brake calipers and gloss black Taycan GTS badge. This picks up the gloss black finishes in the side skirts, front end, rear end and side mirror base included in the GTS. I think the 21” wheels in black make the car look more aggressive and together with the Dolomite Silver keep it more traditional Porsche. What is traditional Porsche you might ask? Given its my first Porsche, its purely the perception that exists inside my head.

Hope this helps. Not an easy decision!
Congrats on landing color!

I ended up going Jet Black as I couldn't befriend the blue tone of Dolomite, but it is a lovely color to be sure, particularly combined with black accents.

(And you're right - jet black requires a lot of work in the Norwegian winter 🥴)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Finally starting to admit RaceTex will be on the inside......? :clap:😁
Ha I'm pretending it doesn't exist.

Crayon leather all the way with the model name on the centre console.

That counts as a GTS interior... Doesn't it?...

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Jet Black is classy, but shapes/curves of Taycan are less visible as with bright colours.
black also requires (almost) daily cleaning…
that’s why my votes always goes to crayon, ice grey, dolomite silver…and, of course, coffe-beige :angel:

Richs99

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Boxster S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I've changed my mind on this at least 10 times in the months since I put the deposit down, but after seeing one in the flesh I'm going with Ice Grey - absolutely stunning.

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
Awesome! How "metallic" is it really? Concerned it may be a little flat and grey..? In the showroom it's not, of course, but in the wild I wasn't sure if it was Ice Grey or Crayon (maybe it even was Crayon ?)
How does ice compare to GT silver and dolomite in person?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ice Grey can be mistaken for white and is nowhere close to GT Silver.

Dolomite is bright silver and is shades lighter than GT Silver (I have a GT Silver Boxster).

Chalk and cheese would describe the differences.

Sadly GT Silver (a classic Porsche colour) is only available as a Paint To Sample.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I think Dolomite silver is similar to RhodIum silver and has a VERY slight blue tinge to it. GT silver is darker and has more of a slight grey tinge to it.

Ice grey is very different.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I’ve decide that I’m definitely going for Gentian Blue.
or maybe Volcano grey…
;)

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
The new configurator could prove costly....I quite like Amethyst on the car.

The latest review posted too is making me like Carmine Red more and more.

Swellmels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera S, Range Rover, BMW X5 40e
Country flag
Having the same dilemma. We have a 992 in chalk so don’t want two chalk cars, haven’t seen the grey mist in person which makes me nervous as I have heard it is very pearlescent. Dolomite I love on 911’s but was not really my thing on the Taycan. Would love a dark green but not sure if we can even do pts and how much time it will add. Good luck.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Having the same dilemma. We have a 992 in chalk so don’t want two chalk cars, haven’t seen the grey mist in person which makes me nervous as I have heard it is very pearlescent. Dolomite I love on 911’s but was not really my thing on the Taycan. Would love a dark green but not sure if we can even do pts and how much time it will add. Good luck.
If you 2 Chalk Porsches on your drive it is proof you have twice as much good taste as someone with 1 Chalk Porsche.
If you can stretch to PTS I see no reason to avoid Viper Green!
Sponsored