Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Having the same dilemma. We have a 992 in chalk so don’t want two chalk cars, haven’t seen the grey mist in person which makes me nervous as I have heard it is very pearlescent. Dolomite I love on 911’s but was not really my thing on the Taycan. Would love a dark green but not sure if we can even do pts and how much time it will add. Good luck.
With a chalk 992, I'd be going for something bright, not monochrome, for the Taycan. They can carry off brighter colours :) (Though it's all very subjective of course).
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I'm not sold on any of the PTS colours. I was hoping for a koenigsegg metallic ruby red, but the Peru Red looks like dog vomit and the other red they have looks black.

It would be nice if the dealers had metal swatches of all colours, but this is Porsche. You have to luck out with bespoke options and it could go wrong.

Carmine red it is.

Swellmels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera S, Range Rover, BMW X5 40e
Country flag
With a chalk 992, I'd be going for something bright, not monochrome, for the Taycan. They can carry off brighter colours :) (Though it's all very subjective of course).
I agree, we tried to do PTS but our allocation would not allow it. I will keep on trying to choose.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
If you 2 Chalk Porsches on your drive it is proof you have twice as much good taste as someone with 1 Chalk Porsche.
If you can stretch to PTS I see no reason to avoid Viper Green!
Interesting.
My favourite colour is green and with the new configurator I could actually compare the many PTS greens with Mamba and was surprised to find that I didn’t like any of the expensive greens as much as Mamba and only liked the forest green and BRG as much but not enough to pay!

Since the climate control is second only to the engine for battery depletion has anybody considered that a pale coloured Taycan will have a better range in summer ? :)
One of the interiors which don’t have a black dash top or door capping will be better for cabin thermal absorption too, but there aren’t many of them!

Last edited:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Interesting.
My favourite colour is green and with the new configurator I could actually compare the many PTS greens with Mamba and was surprised to find that I didn’t like any of the expensive greens as much as Mamba and only liked the forest green and BRG as much but not enough to pay!

Since the climate control is second only to the engine for battery depletion has anybody considered that a pale coloured Taycan will have a better range in summer ? :)
One of the interiors which don’t have a black dash top or door capping will be better for cabin thermal absorption too, but there aren’t many of them!
I always love reading your posts as, despite me being from Yorkshire, you make me feel frivolous with money 😁