GTS Sport Turismo - What are your "must have" options?

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Optioning a Porsche is a challenge and, of course, very subjective but I have listed what I think are essential options on a Taycan GTS. What would you add/take away?

Must have on GTS:
21" RS Spider Wheels - Can you have anything less on a GTS?
Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus

Must on any Taycan:
Electric folding Exterior Mirrors & Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors - Why these aren't standard on £100k+ car is a puzzle for the ages
Privacy Glass
ParkAssist including Surround View - I wouldn't have put this on the "must have" before I got my 4SCT but now I have it I wouldn't be without it.
Bose - This is the minimum expected isn't it?
150kW on-board DC-DC converter - You'll want this if they fully open up the Tesla Supercharger network.

Personal preferences:
4+1 seats
Panoramic Roof
Roof Rails
Electric Charge Cover
Ambient Lighting
Adaptive Cruise Control
Prep for rear bike carrier

Not sure:
Leather vs Race Tex - My preference is probably leather but is Race Tex expected on a GTS?
Colour? Probably too subjective but interested to hear thoughts
Sponsored

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Optioning a Porsche is a challenge and, of course, very subjective but I have listed what I think are essential options on a Taycan GTS. What would you add/take away?

Must have on GTS:

Must on any Taycan:
Electric folding Exterior Mirrors & Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors - Why these aren't standard on £100k+ car is a puzzle for the ages
Privacy Glass
ParkAssist including Surround View - I wouldn't have put this on the "must have" before I got my 4SCT but now I have it I wouldn't be without it.
150kW on-board DC-DC converter - You'll want this if they fully open up the Tesla Supercharger network.

Personal preferences:
4+1 seats
Panoramic Roof
Roof Rails
Electric Charge Cover
Ambient Lighting
Adaptive Cruise Control

Not sure:
Leather vs Race Tex - My preference is probably leather but is Race Tex expected on a GTS?

I have optioned everything you have listed about except the Adaptive Cruise Control (still in debate on adding). I'm with you on the mirrors, folding and dimming should really be standard at this level.

I also removed the charging cover as two friends both have had issues, especially in freezing temperatures with it refusing to open. (they both have reverted to keeping a flask of hot water in the car) It does look better, especially on lighter colours.
Colour wise - I still cannot decide, I originally went with Carmine, then Gentain but now I'm favoring the solid Black as per W1NGE's comments.

Interior - originally, I went with Black leather however after sitting in a 911 GTS, I changed my mind. It looks fantastic and very comfortable. I'd also add Race-Tex to the B-pillar.
Lastly, I added Red seat belts to brighten up the interior.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Must have on GTS:

Must on any Taycan:
Privacy Glass

Personal preferences:
4+1 seats
Panoramic Roof
Roof Rails
Electric Charge Cover
Ambient Lighting
Adaptive Cruise Control

Not sure:
GTS has its own 'standard' wheel selection - not sure anyone would take it but keeps it 'pure'.

ACC - I would skip 100% - you don't need 3 cruise / speed control solutions when 2 will do.

I decided to option PSCB with gloss black callipers as the discs will be much more visible (RS Spyder alloys) than on my 4S where I kept the brakes standard. That plus less brake dust is my shameless excuse for having shiny discs!

In terms of interior then I don't think there is any real expectation and so full leather isa perfectly reasonable alternative without impairing resale IMHO. I went leather as I've had other GTS models with the standard interior and felt a bit 'meh' after a while and so stuck with leather ever since. It looks nice but...

Matching the seat belt colour to the interior is worthy of consideration.

The thing to remember about options you feel should be standard is that they aren't free on other cars where they are standard - its simply a built up price. Annoying I know and I don't really disagree but it is what it is.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Adaptative cruise control isn't bad and if you spec it you will have the mandatory sensors to spec later (FOD) innodrive (PID) and active lake keeping (ALK)

Are ALK et PID must have? Depends if you travel a lot.

Is it smart to spec ACC "just in case"? Yes because even if you don't plan to use it, on a resell POV it might be a smart move. To a certain extend it's like the first GPS on cars years ago, it was a lot harder to sell a car without it.

About race-tex, despite the fact that i think it looks quite good, there's posts here that state that it is not kids/dogs friendly. So depends on your personnal situation it might be something to consider. ;)

Last edited:

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I had a GTS on the experience day this week, definitely spec RWS. I took the car on the roads and thought Innodrive and ALK was very good, much better than the system on my Tesla. It also had the HUD which I didn't consider but quite liked and may specify.

I am considering removing privacy glass, I don't like the lack of symmetry it gives, IMO it makes the rear look clunky with Carmine, if I decide later I want it I can have the glass tinted.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I had a GTS on the experience day this week, definitely spec RWS. I took the car on the roads and thought Innodrive and ALK was very good, much better than the system on my Tesla. It also had the HUD which I didn't consider but quite liked and may specify.

I am considering removing privacy glass, I don't like the lack of symmetry it gives, IMO it makes the rear look clunky with Carmine, if I decide later I want it I can have the glass tinted.
100% agree on RWS - After being at the PEC and driving a Taycan with and without the difference was huge!

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have optioned everything you have listed about except the Adaptive Cruise Control (still in debate on adding). I'm with you on the mirrors, folding and dimming should really be standard at this level.

I also removed the charging cover as two friends both have had issues, especially in freezing temperatures with it refusing to open. (they both have reverted to keeping a flask of hot water in the car) It does look better, especially on lighter colours.
Colour wise - I still cannot decide, I originally went with Carmine, then Gentain but now I'm favoring the solid Black as per W1NGE's comments.

Interior - originally, I went with Black leather however after sitting in a 911 GTS, I changed my mind. It looks fantastic and very comfortable. I'd also add Race-Tex to the B-pillar.
Lastly, I added Red seat belts to brighten up the interior.
I have the standard black interior on my 4S but added the Bordeaux Red Seat Belts and I think it looks really good especially with the Ambient Lighting set to red. The belts are much darker than the configurator though.

A friend of a friend used to have a 911 Targa GTS in Volcano Grey with Bordeaux Red interior and that looked fantastic.

I have the electric charge covers and they work fine but it's early days and no extreme cold days yet. Until I decided on a white exterior I wasn't going to spec them but it was the detail that was deciding factor. That said, they do block some of the aero so I again find myself in two minds about them because the GTS is more driver-focused. A decision may come down to exterior colour again!

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

I haven't missed it on the 4S and I've found Power Steering Plus more than adequate for low speed but I just think RWS is an essential option for the more driver-focused GTS, especially for residual value. I'm never going to keep an electric forever!

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Don't skip ACC! If you want any of the other features later on ACC is a prerequisite for all of those features
I have ACC and I have to say it's one of the better systems I have used. I used to constantly get phantom braking on the Tesla in adaptive cruise which is not fun on the motorway. I can tell you. No such problems with a regular LIDAR system like ACC. I know I would miss it if I didn't have it.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I've spec'd all you have gone for plus Innodrive, PIRM. I don't like the loof the roof bars as it seems to spoil the lines a little but this is a personal preference.

I've gone for rear privacy but agree it doesn't look great but here in SW France we get crazy temperature in the summer so sticking with it but have gone for a Pano roof.

I see RS Spyder wheels and Race Tex essential on a GTS and Rear Steer.

As for HUD I don't see the point when everything is in front on the dash anyway.

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
GTS has its own 'standard' wheel selection - not sure anyone would take it but keeps it 'pure'.

ACC - I would skip 100% - you don't need 3 cruise / speed control solutions when 2 will do.

I decided to option PSCB with gloss black callipers as the discs will be much more visible (RS Spyder alloys) than on my 4S where I kept the brakes standard. That plus less brake dust is my shameless excuse for having shiny discs!

In terms of interior then I don't think there is any real expectation and so full leather isa perfectly reasonable alternative without impairing resale IMHO. I went leather as I've had other GTS models with the standard interior and felt a bit 'meh' after a while and so stuck with leather ever since. It looks nice but...

Matching the seat belt colour to the interior is worthy of consideration.

The thing to remember about options you feel should be standard is that they aren't free on other cars where they are standard - its simply a built up price. Annoying I know and I don't really disagree but it is what it is.
The standard wheels just look a bit odd don't they? As a minimum I'd upgrade to the Turbo Aero wheels.

What do you think of Volcano Grey with Bordeaux Red interior? Incidentally, I think the Turbo Aero wheels look good with the grey exterior but my problem would be they make look too much like a 4S.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The standard wheels just look a bit odd don't they? As a minimum I'd upgrade to the Turbo Aero wheels.

What do you think of Volcano Grey with Bordeaux Red interior? Incidentally, I think the Turbo Aero wheels look good with the grey exterior but my problem would be they make look too much like a 4S.
Volcano I like (current 4S in this colour) but Bordeaux red and black is a definite no for me - looks garish to me (sorry). Crayon would be my choice and easy to keep pristine. Volcano on a GTS I don't like due to the black external finishes and in particular the window surrounds.

RS Spyder wheels are the right choice and look good on non GTS variants too.
Sponsored

Last edited: