GTS Sport Turismo - What are your "must have" options?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
add WIDIA brake discs and brake calipers. I have tested stock brakes and de surface coated brakes and they SCB preform 10 times better... so I ordered WIDIA brake discs
Don't forget its still a verry heavy car
This is an opinion and is not supported by engineering fact.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
For anyone ordering today I think the dashcam prep is a must-add option. Even if you don't use it, it can't hurt resale to have extra wiring there. It's also a very cheap option.
This is not available in France which is odd. Might be a legal thing

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
add WIDIA brake discs and brake calipers. I have tested stock brakes and de surface coated brakes and they SCB preform 10 times better... so I ordered WIDIA brake discs
Don't forget its still a verry heavy car
The physical brakes are rarely used in normal driving.

I suggest that the standard brakes are more than adequate for more than 99% of drivers in more than 99% of scenarios.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
For anyone ordering today I think the dashcam prep is a must-add option. Even if you don't use it, it can't hurt resale to have extra wiring there. It's also a very cheap option.
I think the Porsche dashcam option is awfully executed - does the preparation just add wiring behind the scenes and no visible change in the cabin?

I think this is a free option in the Uk?

Are there any downsides?

Last edited:

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I think the Porsche dashcam
option is awfully executed - does the preparation just add wiring behind the scenes and no visible change in the cabin?

Are there any downsides?
Yep it’s a free option. Only downside is the wiring adds a little extra weight to the car. :)

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

I suggest that the standard brakes are more than adequate for more than 99% of drivers in more than 99% of scenarios.
I haven’t yet tried the GTS but the standard brakes on the 4S are excellent and, as you say, are seldom used in most scenarios because the electric motors are doing most of the stopping. Unless you’re track daying the car I think over spec’ing the brakes is more about looks than performance.

kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
The Preparation for Porsche dash cam option seems to require a glass sunroof which is unfortunate for those of us that prefer the aluminium sculpted roof without the horrible step where the roof pillars joins the roof front an d back

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I haven’t yet tried the GTS but the standard brakes on the 4S are excellent and, as you say, are seldom used in most scenarios because the electric motors are doing most of the stopping. Unless you’re track daying the car I think over spec’ing the brakes is more about looks than performance.
Couldn’t agree more. I went on the Experience Day last Monday and the 4S brakes were more than enough for me.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I went all out on my 22 GTS ST. Going to take delivery in the next two weeks hopefully.

Only thing I regret is picking up the mobile charger connect.

The thing I really wanted was the sun control roof. Annoyed because they had announced it last year and then said it’s only for MY23 after a bunch of reviewers highlighted it and hyped it up.

Must have next steps:
- dashcam (going with the new VIOFO 139 Pro with the new Starvis 2 sensor)
- PPF - probably a stek satin.
When was you car built?

MY23 production started around July this

I would say the same BUT since uPdate and the meddling with the drive modes (Range now being the opposite to what we painfully learned in the early years) it could be the discs come into play more often (accepting emergency braking situations).

I've had my 2 year service and for 18K miles my pad wear was greater than I was expecting (applying the above knowledge). Could be the pads are softer and designed not to last longer (I'm still on my originals on my 10yr old Boxster S and 25.5K miles) or the discs / pads feature more over time.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
I think the Porsche dashcam option is awfully executed - does the preparation just add wiring behind the scenes and no visible change in the cabin?

Are there any downsides?
Missed this on my order, was hoping it came anyway!

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Missed this on my order, was hoping it came anyway!
Pretty sure it’s an option you have to tick even though it’s no cost. It wasn’t available when I locked in my spec on my MY23 4S and it’s not been included.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Pretty sure it’s an option you have to tick even though it’s no cost. It wasn’t available when I locked in my spec on my MY23 4S and it’s not been included.
It is free but you have to select. I have it on my build.
Sponsored