GTS ST winter wheels / tires with PSCB - recommendations?

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
Hello! I’m interested in finding a set of 19s for winter. I went down the path to picking up 21s but there’s only one 21 winter tire that fits and they’re like $800 each. Seems a bit ridiculous and there’s so many pros for going to a 19 or 20.

I’ve read a few folks saying things like “these tires fit over these massive brakes”. None of the tire configurators at discount tire or tirerack show 19s as an option for a 22 GTS ST and I am a bit confused as to why.

Anyone have a recommendation to get wheels and tires that will get beat on in the winter for my soon to be here GTS ST?
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
As of now, TR has 2 options in stock for 19" winter tires. That's for the 4CT, perhaps the GTS has larger brakes? No wheels, though.. I'm wondering if the wheels off a Macan would work - the bolt pattern is probably the same, offset should be close (50 front/47 rear for the Taycan, vs 48 - I think - for the MacanS).

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Ah - reading comprehension: the title of the thread says "PSCB"; well, according to Porsche the 19" winter wheels are incompatible with surface-coated or ceramic brakes.

OP
OP

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah - reading comprehension: the title of the thread says "PSCB"; well, according to Porsche the 19" winter wheels are incompatible with surface-coated or ceramic brakes.
No worries ! I’ve stuck to 20” for now. Bought a used wheel set from a member here. I have only been able to find pirelli pzeros. Not sure if I should wait longer - who knows if I’ll even get my car by mid December anymore :)

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
yes to this as an alternative if you don't want studded. A buddy of mine got these in the R3 (don't think they made the R5 last year), but they had the crystals in those as well and I can say they are 'almost' as good as the studded, but laterally the studded really grips better. I can say they were far superior to my blizzaks and Michelin Ice xi3, x ice and pirelli winter ice, which I drove all 4 in buddies cars last winter across Audi's, MB, Tesla and a BMW.

Here is my anecdotal thought on them by rank:
  1. Hakka 10 EV Silent Studded (but you don't want stud)
  2. Hakka R3 (assuming the R5 is an improvement)
  3. Michelin x-ice snow
  4. Bridgestone Blizzak (softer lateral feel but better grip than #5)
  5. Michelin Ice xi3
  6. Pirelli winter ice zero (I don't think I would recommend purchase, I didn't like the feel)

It is just off memory and no formal comparison, but hope that helps somewhat?

OP
OP

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yea I think the problem I’m having is that the only in stock (and as of recently) are pirellis.

sveinaan

First Name
Svein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mine 4s came with 20" Turbo Aero and Goodyer Ultra Grip Performance. Worked fine for me last winter.
Sponsored