Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
WOW! Your car looks beautiful. Thank you for the impressions.

As you can see from our build (PNSGX3X8), we have a very similar Cherry Metallic GTS scheduled to arrive June 24. Went with leather-free Race-tex and massaging seats.

Placed order 11/12 and got build allocation 12/12. Originally scheduled for delivery 5/19/2022 so delays haven't been too bad. Understand there is currently a 12 month wait for new builds.
Sponsored

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Have had my GTS for a week now. The car has great build quality, is quiet, very stable/refined, and feels big. It feels more like my Tesla Model X than my Model 3 Performance, which the latter is much more nimble on the road. The backup camera on the Taycan is horrible compared to my Teslas. Still getting used to the surround view which is new to me.

Great car overall and I will miss the Model 3P being the throw-away car, but I won't miss the "another white Tesla" comment.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Congrats. Sole reason I won’t buy one is they force you to get sport chrono.
Will wait for the GT.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Most likely normal A/C condensation. Don't get your hopes up for the wireless phone charger - it sucks. There is a thread here about it. Phones overheat in it. I use the ports in the back seat and they're wonderful. iphone charges really fast.
Same for me. It is inconsistent. Heats up. Same with my X5. Up to a point where it was so hot the phone switched off. Tried it a couple of times in the Taycan. Can’t put it in while driving. And I have a cable for the kids in the back anyway. Much easier.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
You need to navigate to the Electrify America chargers using the PCM. This will properly prep/warm the battery for charging. I consistently see north of 200kw when charging below 50% on a EA 350kw charger. By consistently, 16 times in row over the past two weeks alone.

Other notes:
  • There will be condensation. Not unusual at all.
  • The brake wear indicator is something dumb. I wouldn't sweat it. Should be a quick remedy.
Don’t know if it is the same in the US or maybe the latest software? When I navigate to a charger it doesn’t precondition. Even when it says the name of the charger. When I use search charger on this location then it recognizes the location as a charger and preconditions. It also shows the free chargers in yellow

Hiflyin20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
To the OP. Can you tell me about the clear windshield protector? I do a lot of highway driving and think that would be a good add on for me.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Don’t know if it is the same in the US or maybe the latest software? When I navigate to a charger it doesn’t precondition. Even when it says the name of the charger. When I use search charger on this location then it recognizes the location as a charger and preconditions. It also shows the free chargers in yellow
do you have the PIRM (Porsche Intelligent Range Manager)? I think you need that option for the automatic pre-conditioning to work..

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
do you have the PIRM (Porsche Intelligent Range Manager)? I think you need that option for the automatic pre-conditioning to work..
Yes I do. But I think it should also work without. It does work in mine but I have to specify it as a charger. Name and address are not enough.

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
To the OP. Can you tell me about the clear windshield protector? I do a lot of highway driving and think that would be a good add on for me.
I had mine installed by my PPF guy. $800, pretty expensive, but if it saves me one windshield and the downtime, it's worth it to me. It's very thick, but no visual distortion that I notice.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I had mine installed by my PPF guy. $800, pretty expensive, but if it saves me one windshield and the downtime, it's worth it to me. It's very thick, but no visual distortion that I notice.
Do you have a heads-up display? I'm considering windshield PPF but wonder if it might interfere with the HUD somehow...

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Yes I do. But I think it should also work without. It does work in mine but I have to specify it as a charger. Name and address are not enough.
As a suggestion, try choosing range mode when navigating to a charger....that seemed to activate pre-conditioning better for me.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have had my GTS for a week now. The car has great build quality, is quiet, very stable/refined, and feels big. It feels more like my Tesla Model X than my Model 3 Performance, which the latter is much more nimble on the road. The backup camera on the Taycan is horrible compared to my Teslas. Still getting used to the surround view which is new to me.

Great car overall and I will miss the Model 3P being the throw-away car, but I won't miss the "another white Tesla" comment.
I’ve had my 4S for 4 months, and I don’t miss my M3P at all. You’ll get used to the Taycan’s size in time, and it will feel less cumbersome. Even the Tesla felt wider than my E90 M3 at first, and i curbed the wheels after a week because it was unfamiliar.

The Tesla is able to zip around places the Taycan can’t (and it’s less drama in that sense), but it’s a shell of a car comparatively. The Taycan’s poor cameras and surround view also give you the impression that you’re on the razor’s edge in terms of space when in reality you’re not nearly as close. Sucks.

The Porsche software sucks too, as you by now well know.

teslas are boring/ubiquitous and kind of ugly and while I’m grateful for them being my intro to EVs, I now own the right car…. Especially reinforced when I drive on a twisty road or I'm compelled to look back at my car when I'm walking away from it.
Sponsored

Last edited: