Had a slow puncture today due to a long screw on one of my rear tires. Result: changed my four tires today !

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I had ordered my Pirelli 21" summer tires a couple of months ago from my friendly corner tire store, as my fronts were nearing the tire indicator level. The rears probably had about 3 or 4k kms. in them. However, due to the flat and the fact the fronts were close to the limit, I decided to go for a 4-tire change with only 16k kms or 10k miles on the clock. See photos of slow puncture tire pressure without any warning from the car. Also photos of the screw and one of the car without tires. Also one from the invoice. I thought 1500€ Euros including tax, mounting, balancing and recycling old tires for the 4-tire set is not bad at all. Probably at least 30-35% less than a Porsche dealer. I have used this workshop for over 30 years. They are careful to the fullest. I was in and out in less than 90 minutes. I watched the whole operation. They knew exactly how to put the Taycan into transport mode for jacking, where the special adapter for the safety lugnut resided, and that there was no need for any reset after changing tires. They had contacted Porsche and bought the black counterweights so that they did not show. They are a tiny small family business that started 48 years ago. Their main client was Porsche ! Until about 20 years ago, they were their sole tire supplier. Since then, Porsche have started buying direct from the the tire manufacturers, but every week they need to order something from these people that find anything in the shortest time. That is the network and strength they have built over time and have contacts which tell them what week they will be manufacturing what tires and sizes in which factory and the exact time of delivery. This is this way for every reputable tire manufacturer, plus they give a close and quality service like no other.
Porsche Taycan Had a slow puncture today due to a long screw on one of my rear tires.  Result:  changed my four tires today ! tempImageaAb8oc
Porsche Taycan Had a slow puncture today due to a long screw on one of my rear tires.  Result:  changed my four tires today ! tempImagekG7C1i
Porsche Taycan Had a slow puncture today due to a long screw on one of my rear tires.  Result:  changed my four tires today ! tempImageJ8X6pm
Porsche Taycan Had a slow puncture today due to a long screw on one of my rear tires.  Result:  changed my four tires today ! tempImageESNKvx

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I had ordered my Pirelli 21" summer tires a couple of months ago from my friendly corner tire store, as my fronts were nearing the tire indicator level. The rears probably had about 3 or 4k kms. in them. However, due to the flat and the fact the fronts were close to the limit, I decided to go for a 4-tire change with only 16k kms or 10k miles on the clock. See photos of slow puncture tire pressure without any warning from the car. Also photos of the screw and one of the car without tires. Also one from the invoice. I thought 1500€ Euros including tax, mounting, balancing and recycling old tires for the 4-tire set is not bad at all. Probably at least 30-35% less than a Porsche dealer. I have used this workshop for over 30 years. They are careful to the fullest. I was in and out in less than 90 minutes. I watched the whole operation. They knew exactly how to put the Taycan into transport mode for jacking, where the special adapter for the safety lugnut resided, and that there was no need for any reset after changing tires. They had contacted Porsche and bought the black counterweights so that they did not show. They are a tiny small family business that started 48 years ago. Their main client was Porsche ! Until about 20 years ago, they were their sole tire supplier. Since then, Porsche have started buying direct from the the tire manufacturers, but every week they need to order something from these people that find anything in the shortest time. That is the network and strength they have built over time and have contacts which tell them what week they will be manufacturing what tires and sizes in which factory and the exact time of delivery. This is this way for every reputable tire manufacturer, plus they give a close and quality service like no other.
tempImageaAb8oc.png
tempImagekG7C1i.png
tempImageJ8X6pm.png
tempImageESNKvx.png
Administrator or somebody else that know how to rotate photos... please help.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Always good to share when a small, family-owned business is doing it right!
Sponsored