MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Such a dynamic car; more nimble and lighter. It was a more pure driving experience in my opinion.

Everyone at Porsche I’ve spoken to says they’re waiting to see if this model is right for the market, but I can see why they’re on the fence. This car would seriously compromise Turbo sales. Not only is it cheaper, it’s lighter without the extra motors, and feels like the transaxle cars of old.

It solidified my decision to wait for this model until I buy the car [if they don’t bring it here, I’ll just bite the bullet and purchase from abroad and pay for the regs :/] and I predict this model will be highly sought after in years to come, especially if they only make a relatively small number.

Awesome vehicle
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Such a dynamic car; more nimble and lighter. It was a more pure driving experience in my opinion.

Everyone at Porsche I’ve spoken to says they’re waiting to see if this model is right for the market, but I can see why they’re on the fence. This car would seriously compromise Turbo sales. Not only is it cheaper, it’s lighter without the extra motors, and feels like the transaxle cars of old.

It solidified my decision to wait for this model until I buy the car [if they don’t bring it here, I’ll just bite the bullet and purchase from abroad and pay for the regs :/] and I predict this model will be highly sought after in years to come, especially if they only make a relatively small number.

Awesome vehicle
Do you know whether it had the same specs as the RWD Taycan for the Chinese market?

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Do you know whether it had the same specs as the RWD Taycan for the Chinese market?
They didn’t disclose specs to us; but the car felt every bit as powerful as a 4S.

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Thanks a lot for the insight. Would you mind sharing more of this experience? Especially compared to the 4S regarding the acceleration and dining experience?

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Thanks a lot for the insight. Would you mind sharing more of this experience? Especially compared to the 4S regarding the acceleration and dining experience?
Feels quite close to the 4S, actually. Of course, the 4S is rear wheel drive most of the time,
only utilizing all wheels intermittently.

Power wise, It feels the same as the 4S, though the power band is complex; the 4S probably feeling more so at higher speeds [we were just going about in circles in the test car.]

Dining was great; we had lobster and German butter bread.
Sponsored