4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Neodyme is a bargain because you get the sport Chrono dial face in that color. Thats a $420 value if you were getting it in White or Red
For an extra $260 extra, its a steal ;)
OK, I'll bite. I've not planned on the sport chrono b/c I had it on my 911S and never used it. Reality is, at least for me, the car's power will only cause me to reach the traffic on 1-5 faster, and what it offers out of the box is plenty for me. It's the undeniable handling, reliability, and interior finishes of the Porsche that keep me loyal to the brand. I hear the Taycan sport chrono package includes more than a dial I'll never use, but i haven't looked into it for reasons above.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
OK, I'll bite. I've not planned on the sport chrono b/c I had it on my 911S and never used it. Reality is, at least for me, the car's power will only cause me to reach the traffic on 1-5 faster, and what it offers out of the box is plenty for me. It's the undeniable handling, reliability, and interior finishes of the Porsche that keep me loyal to the brand. I hear the Taycan sport chrono package includes more than a dial I'll never use, but i haven't looked into it for reasons above.
Its expensive , but the Olea Club leather option gives you leather everywhere and you get the Neodyme as part of the package

I dont see a use for the Sport Chrono pack other than how cool the clock looks because it gives more details to the dash and its easier to switch to Sport+ with the little wheel dial. It feels very tactile too

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Its expensive , but the Olea Club leather option gives you leather everywhere and you get the Neodyme as part of the package

I dont see a use for the Sport Chrono pack other than how cool the clock looks because it gives more details to the dash and its easier to switch to Sport+ with the little wheel dial. It feels very tactile too
Well thank you for talking me out of it then! Had it on the 911s and it was a conversation starter for my passengers, but that's it. The 911 had a "sport" button that tightened up the suspension and I used that from time to time. The leather upgrade looks awesome but I am really already carried away by adding $ (special color, basic leather, massage seats, etc) that don't add to performance. I'm good for now unless I win the lottery.