tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
I always like seeing a pro drivers response to the Taycan with handling being the most impressive

Agreed! And it wasn’t long and drawn out. No whining about PCM and trunk space.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Agreed! And it wasn’t long and drawn out. No whining about PCM and trunk space.
When you get a driver to drive it and give a drivers perspective.
I would like to see the drivers feedback if it had PDCC. Anything to hide the weight even more

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Thanks for sharing that review. Definitely one of the best I've seen yet. Really balanced perspective and very sensible. No dumb comments about "fingerprints on the screen!" or doing yoga in the frunk.

Then again, he basically loves it to death ... and I am completely in love with my 4S.

I'm not objective at all. :)

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Thanks for sharing that review. Definitely one of the best I've seen yet. Really balanced perspective and very sensible. No dumb comments about "fingerprints on the screen!" or doing yoga in the frunk.

Then again, he basically loves it to death ... and I am completely in love with my 4S.

I'm not objective at all. :)

I agree that it is a solid review. It is one of the first reviews that I really agree with.

Deleted member 1697

Sound 4 ? 10 !
i don’t like the M5 V8 sound anymore. Upsetting

Smell of the clunch ? 10 !
smell of the gaz ? 10 !
Smoke in the garage ? 10 !

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Very good review, quite balanced. Got the Range thing wrong, though - it only limits to 60mph when it doesn't know where you're going. If you set a destination in the navigation, the limit goes up to 90 if it can get there without any problem, and adjusts as appropriate.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Very good review, quite balanced. Got the Range thing wrong, though - it only limits to 60mph when it doesn't know where you're going. If you set a destination in the navigation, the limit goes up to 90 if it can get there without any problem, and adjusts as appropriate.
I believe that the default speed limit is 65MPH, that can be raised by the user via settings.

if using nav for guidance and the computer determines that you need to remain under X speed to reach the next destination it will set X as the maximum speed.

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
I always like seeing a pro drivers response to the Taycan with handling being the most impressive

This was a really good review, and I believe gave an accurate assessment of the Taycan 4S driving experience. The car is heavy as all current EV's are, and cannot handle like a 3000lb sports car, physics rules. The car has plenty of power for anyone though and handles as well as a 5000lb luxury sports sedan can be made to handle and brake and steer. I now have over 10,000 miles on my 4S, and love driving it every chance I get. I was originally planning on getting a Turbo S, and am so happy that I "downgraded" to the 4S. I can't use all the speed and power that the 4S has on the road safely, and the Turbo S would be great for track days, but with the money you save you can buy a proper sports car for track days too. If you are still on the fence about which Taycan to purchase, the 4S for me is really the sweet spot of the range, but all of the models are fantastic cars.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I notice he has the upgraded interior treatment around cup holders, steering, vents etc. It adds a bit of elegance. That's about $680 extra and I'm stressing over whether to add. I am so over budget already.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you need "range manager" for that or is this capability part of the base model? Thanks

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sound 4 ? 10 !
i don’t like the M5 V8 sound anymore. Upsetting

Smell of the clunch ? 10 !
smell of the gaz ? 10 !
Smoke in the garage ? 10 !
Agree! The idea of paying for sound is insane to me. Younger dudes however will pay to make their car annoying. I saw a jacked up Subaru making more noise than a 911 on launch. Anything on 4 wheels can make sound if you are willing to pay for it. No thank you!

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I notice he has the upgraded interior treatment around cup holders, steering, vents etc. It adds a bit of elegance. That's about $680 extra and I'm stressing over whether to add. I am so over budget already.
Neodyme is a bargain because you get the sport Chrono dial face in that color. Thats a $420 value if you were getting it in White or Red
For an extra $260 extra, its a steal ;)
Sponsored