kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
That was good. Especially liked his point about the accelerator pedal, something they got very right with the Taycan and subverting that makes it not only easy to drive but great fun too. It’s the only option if you want to drive an EV that’sa proper drivers car, imo

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Good review. I feel such a strong urge for a 911 still, but love my Taycan (RWD). Can only imagine the GTS feels that much sharper.
I have both. They are comparable only on the superficial level (and well, the feel of the seats and driver ergonomics). They are both amazing, and I would not change a thing.

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I have both. They are comparable only on the superficial level (and well, the feel of the seats and driver ergonomics). They are both amazing, and I would not change a thing.
Well, there's always somebody to one up me haha, Taycan and 911 seem like a dream garage.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, there's always somebody to one up me haha, Taycan and 911 seem like a dream garage.
haha. That was not my intent.

I just meant to say that they are very different tools made for, in my opinion, very different purposes: the sole commonality is that they are made by the same manufacturer.

Yes, I am rather fond of my garage.

Porsche Taycan HAGERTY's Taycan vs 911 review - by Henry Catchpole IMG_4392

Porsche Taycan HAGERTY's Taycan vs 911 review - by Henry Catchpole 911

Porsche Taycan HAGERTY's Taycan vs 911 review - by Henry Catchpole IMG_3508

Last edited:

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
997.1 Club Coupe? That's a gorgeous blue!

I've got an order for a 992 T arriving this summer. Hoping I don't regret trading in the Taycan for a 992 as a DD.
Yes, that’s the one. #48 of 50 made. 1 of 6 with factory aero kit.

I can’t believe she’s no longer a minor as she turned 18 this year. She’s quite the young lady!

I’m sure you won’t regret, but why take the chance? Keep both!

Last edited:

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know, was just joking.

Can imagine, looks like a great combo. Assume the Taycan is your DD and the 911 for special occasions?
Not really. It really depends upon weather and how many people (most important factor) and how much gear I have.

You know, with the right tires, the 911 is fantastic in snow and mud: I used to drive mine throughout winters and even in 33” of snow. Never stuck, no accidents, just inadvertently snow plowed at times

Porsche Taycan HAGERTY's Taycan vs 911 review - by Henry Catchpole 67A500FA-3930-444E-A12F-065B9BE6B9A6
Sponsored

Last edited: