daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
apologies to our non-US participants, but the next week in the US is a time for family, friends, food, travel, arguments that should've never been started, and a gentle reminder as to why we either do, or do not, spend time with family (real, adopted, or imagined)

it is also the most taxing week for me personally in terms of EV usage - with many many runs to/from the airport shuttling various family members to where they need to be - 51 weeks of the year home L2 EVSE charge rate does not matter…

for me personally, honestly, and factually - charge time equals turn around time - and this is one/two weeks a year where I deeply value a little extra "ummph" in my home L2 charge rate cause I'm arriving home, taking care of stuff, and some time sooner rather than later I'm getting back in the Taycan and going somewhere else - the extra electrons delivered due to a slightly higher charge rate in the limited turn around time window are greatly appreciated this week, which helps to avoid a slightly awkward fast charging stop…

may you all have a wonderful week - and for those of you unveiling your Taycan (or other EV) to friends and family at annual gatherings - enjoy it!! And knock their socks off!

have a great week everyone!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
apologies to our non-US participants, but the next week in the US is a time for family, friends, food, travel, arguments that should've never been started, and a gentle reminder as to why we either do, or do not, spend time with family (real, adopted, or imagined)

it is also the most taxing week for me personally in terms of EV usage - with many many runs to/from the airport shuttling various family members to where they need to be - 51 weeks of the year home L2 EVSE charge rate does not matter…

for me personally, honestly, and factually - charge time equals turn around time - and this is one/two weeks a year where I deeply value a little extra "ummph" in my charge rate cause I'm arriving home, taking care of stuff, and some time sooner rather than later I'm getting back in the Taycan and going somewhere else - the extra electrons delivered due to a slightly higher charge rate in the limited turn around time window are greatly appreciated this week, which helps to avoid a slightly awkward fast charging stop…

may you all have a wonderful week - and for those of you unveiling your Taycan (or other EV) to friends and family at annual gatherings - enjoy it!! And knock their socks off!

this is the two weeks a year I can highly recommend the 19.2 kW charging option - alas it was not an option in the 2020 year model, and the retrofit is a bit much

but man oh man 19.2 kw charging from now until about mid next week - yeah it's a "thing" - and I'm going to miss it…

good thing this EA station is close to me - it might be getting some use this week - but my home 48 amp charging setup will be appreciated - turn around time matters when you're doing mulitple trips a day in a full EV…

MBAZ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i4, M5, Taycan GTS. 911 Cab
Country flag
this is the two weeks a year I can highly recommend the 19.2 kW charging option - alas it was not an option in the 2020 year model, and the retrofit is a bit much

but man oh man 19.2 kw charging from now until about mid next week - yeah it's a "thing" - and I'm going to miss it…

good thing this EA station is close to me - it might be getting some use this week - but my home 48 amp charging setup will be appreciated - turn around time matters when you're doing mulitple trips a day in a full EV…
Thanks for holiday cheer Dave! Best to you and your family too.
Just installed my 19.2 yesterday... will post some pics. Still waiting for the car though.... :(

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag

for me personally, honestly, and factually - charge time equals turn around time - and this is one/two weeks a year where I deeply value a little extra "ummph" in my home L2 charge rate cause I'm arriving home, taking care of stuff, and some time sooner rather than later I'm getting back in the Taycan and going somewhere else - the extra electrons delivered due to a slightly higher charge rate in the limited turn around time window are greatly appreciated this week, which helps to avoid a slightly awkward fast charging stop…

Happy holidays Dave. Have a good thanksgiving with your friends and family.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Happy thanksgiving David, and everyone else!

A few months back we had family visiting and I must say it was nice having the “gas station” in our home. Made the ICE car seem like a hassle to fill up while shuttling people around with 2 cars.

Also just made a weekend trip to Tahoe. I have to say, 4-5 months ago, I do not recall any of my regular EA charging sites having nearly as many downed chargers. I have posted in the past how reliable they have been. Not so anymore, nearly every station between Sac and Auburn appear to be at or less than 50% operational. Plug Share is a must for anyone planning any road trips. It appears the recent network reliability reports are all true.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

Thanks Dave! The 4 additions to my collection in 2022 will be knocking socks off holiday visitors this year - not the Taycan. 🏁🎄🌠
Have a great Thanksgiving and merry Christmas everyone.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Back at ye and all :) - enjoy your families and friends - we'll be in NZ all Dec so another chunk of time the Taycan will be non-operational - def the lowest mileage year of any 'primary' car I've owned :)!
Seasons's best to all,
Cheers, C.
Sponsored