Has anybody dealt with a collision event yet?

Itrsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD (incoming), 15 GT3, 18 LC200
Country flag
Hello,

Unfortunately my wife smacked a deer on the highway a few weeks back with our beloved Taycan (4 weeks old). Fortunately the damage appears to be strictly cosmetic (bumper cover, hood, fender, headlight, door).

I'm curious if anybody has dealt with a collision event and if so, what the lead times on replacement parts looked like for your situation. I'm sure miles vary per situation but we're still waiting to get it into the Porsche Certified shop to even begin the process. We're bracing for a grim answer for sure.
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: B61

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Hello,

Unfortunately my wife smacked a deer on the highway a few weeks back with our beloved Taycan (4 weeks old). Fortunately the damage appears to be strictly cosmetic (bumper cover, hood, fender, headlight, door).

I'm curious if anybody has dealt with a collision event and if so, what the lead times on replacement parts looked like for your situation. I'm sure miles vary per situation but we're still waiting to get it into the Porsche Certified shop to even begin the process. We're bracing for a grim answer for sure.
Steve, no mention of your wife’s status only the vehicles.
Hope she is alright.

This past fall my Porsche dealer was estimating 3 to 6 months for a glass roof replacement on a 2020 Taycan.

Hope this all gets sorted quickly for you.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

Itrsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Steve, no mention of your wife’s status only the vehicles.
Hope she is alright.

This past fall my Porsche dealer was estimating 3 to 6 months for a glass roof replacement on a 2020 Taycan.

Hope this all gets sorted quickly for you.
My apologies, everybody was unharmed. The entire family was in the car (myself, 3yo and two dogs). So the good news is that we're just waiting on labor availability and parts, not the worst thing in the world.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My apologies, everybody was unharmed. The entire family was in the car (myself, 3yo and two dogs). So the good news is that we're just waiting on labor availability and parts, not the worst thing in the world.
Last year my Turbo was hit on the Left front fender while parked. It took 7 weeks to get the replacement parts, including a cooling radiator that's placed just behind the bumper and another 2 weeks for repair but all is good now. Best of luck.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Best of luck with the repair process. Just curious since the damages would probably exceed a typical deductible limit, would you be going through insurance?

OP
OP

Itrsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Best of luck with the repair process. Just curious since the damages would probably exceed a typical deductible limit, would you be going through insurance?
Yeah it's certainly a claim. The virtual estimate provided by the insurance company has it at $8400, heavily weighted by parts and not so much labor.

We'll know more shortly. Fortunately, I was able to find a Porsche Certified collision shop 130 miles away who is willing to let me drop it off this week and get the process started. The four shops I contacted prior to them were booked solid until May.

We had our appointment for full XPEL install on the 24th too. Looks like that's out the window now :)

kettyberry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A6
Country flag
Car accidents are never fun, especially with a beloved Taycan that's only 4 weeks old.

As for dealing with the collision event and getting replacement parts, it can be a bit of a waiting game, but hang in there! Lead times can vary depending on the situation, but I hope the process goes as smoothly as possible for you. The Porsche Certified shop will surely take good care of your Taycan and get it back to its pristine condition!

And hey, while you're waiting, why not check out lalightingandsound.com? They might just have some cool lighting and sound solutions that can brighten up your day during this time.
Sponsored

Last edited: