Has anybody tried CarPlay2 Air adapter for wireless CarPlay?

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
@daveo4EV .........thank you, great news as that’s the option I was hoping for
if you ever get a chance, could you test to see if you could get PCM nav announcements while at the same time get carplay audio like messaging feedback?........I would only use 1 nav, either PCM most likely or Carplay if really needed
I've done it. The CarPlay display will pop up if it's not active and you receive a message. Quite handy.
Sponsored

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@porsche_coyote
Thats great news......thank you
When a message comes in and display pops up if not active, will it read the message and allow you to voice dictate an answer?
Hoping so because then it will confirm PCM Nav audio is independent from CarPlay audio

I've done it. The CarPlay display will pop up if it's not active and you receive a message. Quite handy.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
@porsche_coyote
Thats great news......thank you
When a message comes in and display pops up if not active, will it read the message and allow you to voice dictate an answer?
Hoping so because then it will confirm PCM Nav audio is independent from CarPlay audio
Yes, I have dictated an answer. In general, if the Siri 'listening' graphic is on the screen then you're talking to Siri/CarPlay. Otherwise, you get the Porsche UI with the microphone. They seem to coexist peacefully.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@porsche_coyote
Excellent......thank you again very much

Yes, I have dictated an answer. In general, if the Siri 'listening' graphic is on the screen then you're talking to Siri/CarPlay. Otherwise, you get the Porsche UI with the microphone. They seem to coexist peacefully.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I emailed Copilot, one of the wireless CarPlay adapter vendors, asking if they had plans to add support for the taycan. Here’s their reply:

We are always updating our system for the newer Taycan variants and hope to offer this soon!

Newer Taycan variants”??? Haha.
Sponsored