Has anyone in a Taycan done the Tail Of the Dragon?

Juanted

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ah, I am coming from Huntsville AL, so I had to drive out of my way, as the south end of the Tail is where I usually come in. I stayed the night up near Knoxville and topped off at the charger up there and went south. As to how many miles I drove, that I dont recall. It’s 60 miles to the Tail, then it’s what, 19 miles of the Tail? I went up and down it a couple of times, stopped at the store and I want to say I had about 40% or 30% charge by that time, then charged for about an hour on the level 2 charger there and had plenty of miles to go back up the Tail and continue on to Knoxville. Charged up and went back to our hotel.
I’m pretty sure, depending on battery size, time of year, and how hard you push it, you can easily do 4 or 5 runs coming out of Knoxville with a 90%+ SoC and gain a few miles back from the charger at the Tail and make it back to Knoxville no problem. You could run your car down to about 30 miles of range, then charge for an hour or so at the Tail and get back to Knoxville. The Tail actually isnt that bad on battery as it is on gas bc of regen. You are never going that fast, and are braking a LOT in those turns and gaining some small amount of power back.