Has anyone installed this Porsche home charger?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Interesting in the uk the charger only comes with 2.5 Meter type 2 cable. Doesn’t mention if it comes with 32Amp plug or 3 pin. Mmmm. Need to make a call.
Sponsored

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The flat black oval is what I was referring to as something I thought was just for packing safety. I now see that it is for the case where you have the external conduit, which I do not have. Or maybe I was supposed to use it anyway and just didn't? It looks like it was probably used in the fancy picture from the marketing, which doesn't have the conduit. I bolted the silver plate to my wall using the enclosed drywall screws. I noted that the same box at my dealer was also installed without the black plate (I checked when I picked up my car because I couldn't figure out what to do with it!). I see how the holes in the black piece match the silver plate, but the actual mating of these pieces and attachment to the wall isn't clear to me. Maybe HelfFL can explain. If only it came with instructions . . .
The case has a mounting plate that attaches to the wall. There is also a spacer mounting plate if, like me, the outlet and wiring are surface mounted. The spacer leaves an opening to go over the conduit that I ran from my attic. I had the electrician hold up the case to the wall where I wanted it, then he marked on the wall the rectangular opening in the spacer. That opening is where he installed the NEMA 14-50 outlet. And for those that pointed out already, yes, the outlet has to be installed upside down. After outlet was installed, the spacer/mounting plate was mounted to the wall. I have concrete/stucco walls in my garage so we used Tapcons to mount to the wall. The decorative part of the case then screws into the mounting plate. Screws and hardware were included but not Tapcons, which my electrician had to run to Home Depot to purchase because he didn’t have long enough ones.

There was a very basic instruction booklet that was included with the mobile connect charger that shows how to mount the case. It took a while for me to find it because there are like 4 books, mostly with foreign language versions. But it’s there.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Can the box be left and right hand mounted? I need the power outlet on the right and charger on the left otherwise box will not fit as there is a wall to the right. Do not want to get electrics moved if possible.

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You would have to install it upside down.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That would not look very good so will have to look at moving the electrics or installing the box below the electric socket and feed cable through box. Not the neatest but might be easier.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
As has been mentioned.....the 14-50 receptacle should be installed with the ground pin on the bottom......unless you want to stand on your head for operation.
Also........it's helpful to locate the nearest appropriate wall stud so that the center top and bottom main screws can hit that. Those main screws will probably require a trip to the hardware store unless your work bench is well stocked.

With all cord & charger there is significant heft here.
Hope this helps someone.

atlaturne

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ISC and Taycan on order
Country flag
64585B04-E588-4779-8307-F3D61EB4EDC2.jpeg

My car comes with the charger and this larger plastic housing. It looks like this install somehow has the wall outlet covered by the housing. I like the clean look. Has anyone had this kind of install done?

atlaturne

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

My car comes with the charger and this larger plastic housing. It looks like this install somehow has the wall outlet covered by the housing. I like the clean look. Has anyone had this kind of install done?

atlaturne

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I have the same charger housing on order with my Taycan.
I think it makes a neat install and will keep the charging cord off the ground.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone know how the charging plug (for the car) stays in the docking station? Mine just falls on the floor!!!

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone know how the charging plug (for the car) stays in the docking station? Mine just falls on the floor!!!
It's supposed to just click in. There is a little plastic tab on the charging handle that clicks in. Then you press the release button to release. Very similar to when you plug it into the car.

EldinSC

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Can anyone help with this question? I have a home charger (see pic) and just received the card needed to get the charging going. Both ends of the cable are plugged in. The wall mount still says “plug in cable in car”. It does not charge.
Perhaps it matters that the car is at 80%? Any thoughts? Thanks a lot.

Porsche Taycan Has anyone installed this Porsche home charger? DC95A222-1EEF-4C9F-8AC0-1764E518F71B

Porsche Taycan Has anyone installed this Porsche home charger? 6DC18678-E730-4D0E-990E-3B989A86EED1

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
Can anyone help with this question? I have a home charger (see pic) and just received the card needed to get the charging going. Both ends of the cable are plugged in. The wall mount still says “plug in cable in car”. It does not charge.
Perhaps it matters that the car is at 80%? Any thoughts? Thanks a lot.

DC95A222-1EEF-4C9F-8AC0-1764E518F71B.jpeg

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
This does not look like the Porsche charger/where did you get the connect cable?

EldinSC

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
This does not look like the Porsche charger/where did you get the connect cable?
This is the cable I received with the car. The wall mount was delivered and set up by a Porsche approved company. The wall mount reads card approved, please insert charger in car. Which is where it is.
Sponsored