Has anyone put wheel spacers on their CT yet?

Monkeymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, e-Golf, Austin Mini, +
Country flag
I have seen some photo references on sedans but was wondering if the CT would want a few mm extra due to the wheel arch cladding?

15mm front/10~12mm rear seemed to work well for some of the OEM wheel sets on the sedan.

Please share photos if you have any. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Monkeymouse

Monkeymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, I guess no one has done this on their CT yet....

For general reference, I measured the wheel arch cladding thickness when I removed the front side indicators and it was about 3mm proud of the painted body surface.

I have the 20" Off Road Design wheels and initially, it appears the the rear would need a little more offset than the rear to look flush, contrary to what some have done on their sedans. Ride height and wheel options may influence what looks best, though. I typically keep my CT4 at the lowest suspension height and there looks to be a bit more camber in that position.

I have ordered a spacer test kit to try different offsets and will post what works for my setup.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Well, I guess no one has done this on their CT yet....

For general reference, I measured the wheel arch cladding thickness when I removed the front side indicators and it was about 3mm proud of the painted body surface.

I have the 20" Off Road Design wheels and initially, it appears the the rear would need a little more offset than the rear to look flush, contrary to what some have done on their sedans. Ride height and wheel options may influence what looks best, though. I typically keep my CT4 at the lowest suspension height and there looks to be a bit more camber in that position.

I have ordered a spacer test kit to try different offsets and will post what works for my setup.
I need to dig it back out but one chap reported in another thread that he used spacers together with lowering links but was on a sedan - there are a few us who have chatted re planning on lowering our CT's but next to none have received their cars as yet (including yours truly) to start the process! I have the 21" wheels and the 305 tires in rear which I am hoping will have enough built-in offset but of course will need to see it lowered to be sure!

EDIT: found that thread:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/a-bit-of-a-drop-lowering-links-and-some-spacers.2758/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Monkeymouse

Monkeymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is my CT wheel spacer update. The goal for me was to keep the car looking stock and aligned with the design intent but getting rid of the tucked in look that the wheels had from the factory. After some testing, I found that the magic number for my Cross Turismo with the 20" Offroad Design wheels ended up at 10mm all around. The overall difference is subtle, but can look significant from certain angles.

ECS Tuning has a spacer test kit you can rent (or purchase) to try different spacer sizes so I started with that. I initially tested with 15mm and found that the front was mostly OK with that size, but the rear doesn't like going that wide. The fender starts to taper inward behind the rear wheel so from the front, 15mm looks good but the whole tire stuck out a little when viewed from the rear. I tried 10mm next and I liked it so didn't bother with increments between those. I decided to take the front down to 10mm as well, to keep the look more uniform with the rear and I'm pretty happy with the results.

I ended up buying 2 sets of ECS Tuning 10mm spacers that are a multi Porsche model fit in a kit that included the proper length bolts. Their part number is: ES#2702490. Their fitment info on the site isn't updated, but I confirmed with them first that this will fit the Taycan. They seem to be well made an have some nice details to keep them light and easy to remove. There was one small issue- they come with screws to secure the spacers to the hub, but the holes on the spacer did not properly align with holes in the hub. I have never used mounting screws with spacers I have installed on numerous vehicles in the past so I decided to continue installation without them.

They are freshly installed so I can't really comment on anything outside of how they look, but I'm satisfied with them so far. Since they are only 10mm, I doubt anyone would ever feel that difference. I have included some reference photos that I hope someone here will find useful.

This is the stock offset front:
Porsche Taycan Has anyone put wheel spacers on their CT yet? IMG_0050.JPG

Stock offset rear:
Porsche Taycan Has anyone put wheel spacers on their CT yet? IMG_0051.JPG

Here is a (dusty) spacer and bolt that came with the kit, plus OEM bolt.
Porsche Taycan Has anyone put wheel spacers on their CT yet? IMG_0275 copy

This is the +10mm front:
Porsche Taycan Has anyone put wheel spacers on their CT yet? IMG_0280.JPG

+10mm rear
Porsche Taycan Has anyone put wheel spacers on their CT yet? IMG_0281.JPG

+10mm front and rear together:
Porsche Taycan Has anyone put wheel spacers on their CT yet? IMG_0282.JPG

Front 3/4 view for reference:
Porsche Taycan Has anyone put wheel spacers on their CT yet? IMG_0284.JPG

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is my CT wheel spacer update. The goal for me was to keep the car looking stock and aligned with the design intent but getting rid of the tucked in look that the wheels had from the factory. After some testing, I found that the magic number for my Cross Turismo with the 20" Offroad Design wheels ended up at 10mm all around. The overall difference is subtle, but can look significant from certain angles.

ECS Tuning has a spacer test kit you can rent (or purchase) to try different spacer sizes so I started with that. I initially tested with 15mm and found that the front was mostly OK with that size, but the rear doesn't like going that wide. The fender starts to taper inward behind the rear wheel so from the front, 15mm looks good but the whole tire stuck out a little when viewed from the rear. I tried 10mm next and I liked it so didn't bother with increments between those. I decided to take the front down to 10mm as well, to keep the look more uniform with the rear and I'm pretty happy with the results.

I ended up buying 2 sets of ECS Tuning 10mm spacers that are a multi Porsche model fit in a kit that included the proper length bolts. Their part number is: ES#2702490. Their fitment info on the site isn't updated, but I confirmed with them first that this will fit the Taycan. They seem to be well made an have some nice details to keep them light and easy to remove. There was one small issue- they come with screws to secure the spacers to the hub, but the holes on the spacer did not properly align with holes in the hub. I have never used mounting screws with spacers I have installed on numerous vehicles in the past so I decided to continue installation without them.

They are freshly installed so I can't really comment on anything outside of how they look, but I'm satisfied with them so far. Since they are only 10mm, I doubt anyone would ever feel that difference. I have included some reference photos that I hope someone here will find useful.

This is the stock offset front:
IMG_0050.JPG

Stock offset rear:
IMG_0051.JPG

Here is a (dusty) spacer and bolt that came with the kit, plus OEM bolt.
IMG_0275 copy.jpg

This is the +10mm front:
IMG_0280.JPG

+10mm rear
IMG_0281.JPG

+10mm front and rear together:
IMG_0282.JPG

Front 3/4 view for reference:
IMG_0284.JPG
Excellent , thx for sharing - looks really good - that 2nd last pic nails it :)

Curious if you explored using the Porsche brand spacers (assuming they are compatible with the CT)? Nothing at all wrong with ECS, being around for ages and solid reviews - I've gotten other parts from them in the past but was curious if the Porsche parts might not have the screw/spacer issue above. I know someone else pointed out a link to the Porsche brand parts - possibly in that same thread I shared above - will check.

OP
OP
Monkeymouse

Monkeymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Excellent , thx for sharing - looks really good - that 2nd last pic nails it :)

Curious if you explored using the Porsche brand spacers (assuming they are compatible with the CT)? Nothing at all wrong with ECS, being around for ages and solid reviews - I've gotten other parts from them in the past but was curious if the Porsche parts might not have the screw/spacer issue above. I know someone else pointed out a link to the Porsche brand parts - possibly in that same thread I shared above - will check.
Thanks! Didn't look into Porsche options as they didn't appear to have anything specific for the Taycan. I typically use H&R spacers but I gave the ECS ones a try this time around. They made it really easy with the test kit and I'm just using this car as a commuter and occasional surfboard hauler so I didn't care about how well these might hold up at a track day, canyon carving, etc.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Which color is your CT? Looks phenomenal! Are you going to leave it at stock height?

I’m going to order a set of these for my ice grey one that’s still sitting at the port, thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Monkeymouse

Monkeymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which color is your CT? Looks phenomenal! Are you going to leave it at stock height?

I’m going to order a set of these for my ice grey one that’s still sitting at the port, thanks for the info.
Thank you! Color is Chalk. In direct sunlight photos, it almost appears white but in the shade it definitely looks warm grey. I didn't have immediate plans to lower suspension as I live in an extremely hilly city, but it does feel a little high even at the lowest setting that I have it at in the photos. Curious to see what people here figure out what works best for their CT.

I did want to mention that this spacer combo worked for my wheels, but other designs might want a different spacer size depending on their offset. I believe the spec for my set is:
Front: 9" x 20" ET 54 on 245/45-20 tires
Rear: 11" x 20" ET 60 on 285/40-20 tires

If you have different wheels, you can run the specs through a good online tire/wheel size calculator to figure out what works but it might be worth it just to rent the test kit. As a note, you can only use it on one wheel at a time so take a lot of photos each time you try a size for reference.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Same specs on the turbo s design wheels I ordered on mine, I think all the 20s are the same. I’ve ordered some lowering links and I plan to remove the plastic wheel arch trims pretty promptly as well. Make it into what the sport turismo should be..

My fiancée has a chalk macan, and I love the color! I would have gone for it if she didn’t already stake the claim. :)

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
:
+10mm rear
IMG_0281.JPG

+10mm front and rear togeth
22616[/ATTACH]
Forgot to say - love the old school Mini :). One of the first cars I drove at age 14 was my Mom’s Mini Cooper S - sneaked away thinking of course that I got away with it - but she knew and let it ride :).

Wife has a modded Cooper S that I cannot pry from her hands but the electric version as a replacement just has lousy range - really hoping they improve on that soon!