Has anyone successfully updated a FOD for their Taycan?

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
What is the dealer doing in this case to get it downloaded? My dealer doesn't seem to know much so would help if I could give them some indication.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
What is the dealer doing in this case to get it downloaded? My dealer doesn't seem to know much so would help if I could give them some indication.
They didn't have to do anything at the end of it. All the service are now in the car.

When you go to my.porsche.com which connect services does it say you have activated?

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
They didn't have to do anything at the end of it. All the service are now in the car.

When you go to my.porsche.com which connect services does it say you have activated?
Been pending for several weeks now.

Porsche Taycan Has anyone successfully updated a FOD for their Taycan? 1629323404441

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Been pending for several weeks now.

1629323404441.png
Mine had that message for a few hours not knowing what that meant but then when I went into the car's pcm and into the 'Updates' section it had the option there for me to install. 10 mins later it was installed and ready to use.

I'm guessing you've checked updates?

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Mine had that message for a few hours not knowing what that meant but then when I went into the car's pcm and into the 'Updates' section it had the option there for me to install. 10 mins later it was installed and ready to use.

I'm guessing you've checked updates?
Yep! Did you order it on your own or did your dealer place the order? Wonder if I should try signing out of the car.

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep! Did you order it on your own or did your dealer place the order? Wonder if I should try signing out of the car.
All done by me through the my.porsche.com. Trying to keep as much away from the dealer as possible ?

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
All done by me through the my.porsche.com. Trying to keep as much away from the dealer as possible ?
Hmm, as a tech person there's GOT to be a way to trick it into checking for updates, or maybe it's that they aren't pushing it? Almost want to try and cancel and restart. Or maybe reset PCM

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmm, as a tech person there's GOT to be a way to trick it into checking for updates, or maybe it's that they aren't pushing it? Almost want to try and cancel and restart. Or maybe reset PCM
One thing I did note on your screenshot was your only showing 23 services where mine has 27 services. Now there maybe regional differences but I remember at the same time the updates came through some other odd bits where installed to like; weather, news and podcasts.

Can you see them?

Porsche Taycan Has anyone successfully updated a FOD for their Taycan? Capture.JPG

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
InnoDrive, ALK, Online Software Update, Apple Music, Car Alarm, Car Control, Carfinder, Climate, E-Control, Location Alarm, Nav Plus, Porsche Charging Service, Speed Alarm, Trip Control, Breakdown Call, Calendar, Charging Planner, Finder, News, Porsche Voice Pilot, Radio Plus, Valet Alarm, Weather.

I will say I want to disable the PIRM, the auto drop from 80(in a 75) to 60 for range when I already knew I would make it was unsettling.

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
InnoDrive, ALK, Online Software Update, Apple Music, Car Alarm, Car Control, Carfinder, Climate, E-Control, Location Alarm, Nav Plus, Porsche Charging Service, Speed Alarm, Trip Control, Breakdown Call, Calendar, Charging Planner, Finder, News, Porsche Voice Pilot, Radio Plus, Valet Alarm, Weather.

I will say I want to disable the PIRM, the auto drop from 80(in a 75) to 60 for range when I already knew I would make it was unsettling.
So from that list it's missing; Car security package (PTVS tracker), Smart Service, Apple Podcast & Risk Radar. Only the podcast rings a bell as that was downloaded when the Innodrive updated.

The only other thing I can think of is that Privacy mode feature in the car. I'm assuming you've set it to inactive? Check the settings around that and maybe activate it and the deactivate it again...

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
So from that list it's missing; Car security package (PTVS tracker), Smart Service, Apple Podcast & Risk Radar. Only the podcast rings a bell as that was downloaded when the Innodrive updated.

The only other thing I can think of is that Privacy mode feature in the car. I'm assuming you've set it to inactive? Check the settings around that and maybe activate it and the deactivate it again...
Yeah tried turning on/off private as well as auto updates. Whats your connection area look like?

Porsche Taycan Has anyone successfully updated a FOD for their Taycan? 7EA5FA88-4BFB-4E1D-9758-AB7E3C72339D

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Plunked down the CC on the Porsche Connect Store for permanent ALK & Innodrive Monday at trial’s end. As of Weds, the Store website still shows “Activation Pending/10 minutes” message but ALK & Innodrive have continued to work without a hitch.

Porsche could use some help with their “App Store”. On the bright side, it can only get better…

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Plunked down the CC on the Porsche Connect Store for permanent ALK & Innodrive Monday at trial’s end. As of Weds, the Store website still shows “Activation Pending/10 minutes” message but ALK & Innodrive have continued to work without a hitch.

Porsche could use some help with their “App Store”. On the bright side, it can only get better…
Yeah - I feel like they're missing something quite easy as the order process worked fine they just need the push to be more frequent or to log an error, could be there is an error but I can't see it. Wondering if I need to be at a certain % or my 12v is too low or something silly like that. What 12v battery voltage are you guys at?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
13.4 at last drive today.

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah tried turning on/off private as well as auto updates. Whats your connection area look like?

7EA5FA88-4BFB-4E1D-9758-AB7E3C72339D.jpeg
Yep same icons as yours