Has anyone (UK) actually taken delivery of a new Taycan since mid-August

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
Having been offered a very strong price for my CT ...... I have just been offered a new Taycan which goes to lock this week (cancelled order so I can spec. it ) with a projected December '22 delivery - on reading current 12v battery issues I'm dubious. So I'm just interested to know whether they're actually shipping/ delivering ANY Taycans at all right now.......... anyone had one recently and if so was it overdue by much?
Sponsored

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Having been offered a very strong price for my CT ...... I have just been offered a new Taycan which goes to lock this week (cancelled order so I can spec. it ) with a projected December '22 delivery - on reading current 12v battery issues I'm dubious. So I'm just interested to know whether they're actually shipping/ delivering ANY Taycans at all right now.......... anyone had one recently and if so was it overdue by much?

That's an interesting question. Although I'm not from the UK, I have been following all threads related to the 12v battery issue since mid July (when I learned that my car was involved), with many posts, including from UK members, in my situation. I did not see anyone reporting a car delivered :-(

UK gts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan gts
Country flag
Mine has been built and parked minus the 12v battery since last week in June.

I get an email update every few weeks saying no news from the dealer :)

Some have said elsewhere that production cars now may be getting the battery, but cars missing them from earlier will take some time to get through, so maybe a car still to be produced will arrive before those waiting for them, if that makes sense.

Bit of a lottery though...

BDH-Consult

First Name
Baudouin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, Skoda Kodiak and newly CT4 Gentian
Country flag
That's an interesting question. Although I'm not from the UK, I have been following all threads related to the 12v battery issue since mid July (when I learned that my car was involved), with many posts, including from UK members, in my situation. I did not see anyone reporting a car delivered :-(
Ciao amicci and our British friend.

Do you know who supply the LiFePo4 12 V battery to Porsche ?

Kind regards

B

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ciao amicci and our British friend.

Do you know who supply the LiFePo4 12 V battery to Porsche ?

Kind regards

B
There is a thread with the details if you search.

Single supplier - eastern Europe from memory. Recovering from a factory fire. Supply is limited.

BDH-Consult

First Name
Baudouin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, Skoda Kodiak and newly CT4 Gentian
Country flag

Single supplier - eastern Europe from memory. Recovering from a factory fire. Supply is limited.
yes

indeed A123 Systems build in Czech Republic

Thanks

dutchcourage

First Name
Duco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Got mine mid august. Delivered without battery but Dutch dealer(s) are allowed to get batteries from pre-owned vehicles to be able to deliver the new vehicles. I was lucky…. And the car is amazing!

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got mine mid august. Delivered without battery but Dutch dealer(s) are allowed to get batteries from pre-owned vehicles to be able to deliver the new vehicles. I was lucky…. And the car is amazing!
Yes. You were lucky indeed. I saw your post at that time. I also told my dealer (they have 5 used and 4 new) but they said that Porsche would not allow them to do the same. And I believe them as the car was already invoiced to them so it would be in their interest to move the inventory.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I got my CT4S on 1st Sept (arrived at dealer 15/08/22) after being sent the email about delays due to 12V battery issues from Porsche on 11/07/22. If my car was delayed, it was only a couple of weeks at most.

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
Mine was originally due around May. Eventually arrived and delivered end July

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag

Latest from A123 (not Porsche) is that the delays are due to their own supplier issue getting hold of the PCB (printed circuit board) used within the battery - presumably for the BMS. Member @backslashed was in contact with them last week.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
My order (which I've had in place since November last year) just locked on Friday - production due to complete on 21 October. So very similar timescale to yours/

I had a very frank conversation with my dealer over the weekend - they weren't optimistic the current scheduled delivery dates would be met. In fact they talk about further delays

Honestly if Iwas in your position I wouldn't be jumping in right now. I doubt you or I will get a car delivered this side of 2023.

Lots of things may change, but the present issue with the 12V battery doesn't appear to have a bottom to it (yet) and the headwinds on other matters aren't looking rosy either.

andyfin1

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
Hi, I instigated the thread about the 12v battery delay, my car was completed June 2022, no update when it will be delivered. Parked at the factory along with a whole of others.
Sponsored