Has everyone that bought a 4S had the battery+ upgrade?

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
It could be they are saving the initial batch of smaller batteries for the EU. *shrug*
Sponsored

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes, sorry. That was actually for a turbo. This is what it says for the 4S:

The standard Aluminum Roof, Porsche Mobile Charger Plus and Performance Battery (79.2kWh) are not available on vehicles that are currently in production and are estimated to be available on vehicles that begin production in June 2020. All initial production Taycan orders will be equipped with the optional Fixed Panoramic Roof in Glass, Porsche Mobile Charger Connect and Performance Battery Plus (93.4kWh).

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
I ordered on my s . Wanted the longer range. Though I 2 will only use it 1-2 times a year.

DKdriver

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ordered; S-Max present
Country flag
I take you points. Maybe I should reconsider and ad + anyway. So many choices and a lot of waiting time to second guess the initial choices :)

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Not that I will be leasing but quoted leasing rates in the UK over 24 & 36 months are slightly cheaper for the Performance Battery Plus so they must feel that used value of the Performance Battery Plus model will be greater than the initial extra new cost. Over 48 months it works out slightly dearer to lease.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Not that I will be leasing but quoted leasing rates in the UK over 24 & 36 months are slightly cheaper for the Performance Battery Plus so they must feel that used value of the Performance Battery Plus model will be greater than the initial extra new cost. Over 48 months it works out slightly dearer to lease.
I looked at leasing due to VAT benefits but I couldn’t secure a build slot as the leasing companies are tied into certain dealers who didn’t have any!
So I’ve decided to buy one instead

But I agree the cost for the upgraded battery was negligible and as I’ve said previously it is a must for the car

Last edited:

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Can’t buy the 4S in the US at this time with the smaller battery (at least at this time).

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The smaller 79.2kWh pack has a max charging rate of 225kW and the 93.4kWh has 270kW. May not be a big deal as the charging rate ramps down by like 37% to 200kW anyway.

Just a note I had not seem mentioned, sorry if I missed it.

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
It sounds like an extra which shouldn’t depreciate too badly, compared to others anyway. I can’t decide if to go for it.

I looked at leasing due to VAT benefits but I couldn’t secure a build slot as the leasing companies are tied into certain dealers who didn’t have any!
So I’ve decided to buy one instead

But I agree the cost for the upgraded battery was negligible and as I’ve said previously it is a must for the car
From what I understand if you buy the car outright you reclaim the full VAT. I believe you can also deduct the full purchase value from corporation tax too in Y1.

Of course you would have to collect VAT when you sell the vehicle and pay corp tax on what you sell it for.

Not sure if you heard different?

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My understanding is that you can only reclaim the vat on purchase if it is a pool car same as ice car.

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
My understanding is that you can only reclaim the vat on purchase if it is a pool car same as ice car.
Oh boy! Well that’s my afternoon ruined, just called my accountant who confirmed you are correct!

The lease option still works though with I think half the VAT being reclaimable?

Will reassess purchase and cut down the options list a touch!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Oh boy! Well that’s my afternoon ruined, just called my accountant who confirmed you are correct!

The lease option still works though with I think half the VAT being reclaimable?

thats correct
You claim 19% of the total cost inc APR (if financing) but you would have to pay the corporation tax on the sold price (or the GFV if you hand the keys on a PCP)

you can only claim the full VAT if it’s not for personal use but you can claim half back on a lease even if you do have personal use

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Yes that's correct 50% of vat on a lease.
Regarding CGT on purchase/finance yes you can claim any amount up to 100% in first year & 18% further years I believe but excess claimed repaid on resell.