Has everyone that bought a 4S had the battery+ upgrade?

Bobrae99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Sure did. For three reasons in this order: range, resell value, power. Due to the higher weight the power only really helps at high speeds but the first two reasons are enough.
Resale value? That’s an interesting thought. I think as early adopters of an EV car and especially with a Porsche EV which I would expect to see a steep curve of enhancements and improvements for the first 5 years, I suspect resale values will be pretty poor regardless of which battery pack you pick.

If you look at the last 4 years of the Model S, we’ve seen range extend by over 100km and prices drop for the same car, plus suspension improvements, OTA updates, etc. I think many people might opt for a new Model S with larger battery packs, etc, thus reducing the resale value of 4 year old models. Will it be the same with Porsche in 4 years? Will there be more efficient motors that extend range by 25% with the same 93.5 kw/h battery ?

I haven’t seen the lease program for Taycan yet, but it will give us the first clue of what PCNA thinks the cars will be worth in North America after 3 or 4 years. I think I’d be inclined to lease my first Porsche EV unless the residuals are horrible combined with a high interest rate. That way, cost of use is fixed and I can fast charge the car every time I plug it in, without having to worry about battery degradation.

In any event, I’ll pick the larger battery, just to have the extra range.

mikerheywood

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayman 718 2013, Mercedes AMG E53 2019
Country flag
Has everyone that has ordered a 4S bought the battery+ upgrade? If so why? What was your reason? more power? Little but more range? Personally I didn’t, £5k for a touch more range and top end power seemed a heck of a lot....plus I liked the idea of shedding 80kgs from the weight (145kg lighter than the Turbo)

that said all I every read on reviews are that the battery+ is a must on the options list...
I ordered it as well. The dealer recommended it but mostly i wanted a touch more power and a bit more range. £4600 is a lot of cash I agree. I then opted for the 21" mission E wheels and blew the range I had just paid for. :)