Has everyone that bought a 4S had the battery+ upgrade?

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has everyone that has ordered a 4S bought the battery+ upgrade? If so why? What was your reason? more power? Little but more range? Personally I didn’t, £5k for a touch more range and top end power seemed a heck of a lot....plus I liked the idea of shedding 80kgs from the weight (145kg lighter than the Turbo)

that said all I every read on reviews are that the battery+ is a must on the options list...
Sponsored

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Extra range is always nice, but in this case very expensive.
I ordered it

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I ordered it as well. Range is the primary reason I went with the 4s - my car in a turbo would be about $10,000+ more.

DKdriver

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ordered; S-Max present
Country flag
I did not order + as I find, that the price for this is simply too high. I can only imagine 1-2 times per year, that I will drive a distance, that is just between the two, making it necessary for me to perform an extra charge without the + option. I imagine chargers will become better and plentiful during next few years reducing this problem. Also the charching difference between 225/270 will only spend a few minutes of my life every year.

When at some point in time I want to sell, the price will obviously be lower, but maybe not the full value of the + option lower.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
The performance battery plus adds 4K in cost but 3k in residual (if buying on PCP or lease) so it’s a no brainier in the UK
It’s the only option that increases the residual

It gives extra range and performance but also added comfort when the battery starts to degrade

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’m confused. On the configurator, “Performance battery plus” is a required option, as of now.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Sure did. For three reasons in this order: range, resell value, power. Due to the higher weight the power only really helps at high speeds but the first two reasons are enough.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
...that said all I every read on reviews are that the battery+ is a must on the options list...
I ordered it primarily to match the EV I have but also for better resale value, since everybody talks about range as if life depends on it.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I’m confused. On the configurator, “Performance battery plus” is a required option, as of now.
Correct. The wording seems to indicate that if you do somehow order with the 'Performance Battery' don't expect to get the vehicle until the end of 2020, BUT it may be different depending upon what country you live in.
Porsche Taycan Has everyone that bought a 4S had the battery+ upgrade? 1581263396800

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is the UK notice. No information on different batteries and the option to select the Plus battery is given. Very strange. Then again, they don't have option packages. *shrug*
Porsche Taycan Has everyone that bought a 4S had the battery+ upgrade? 1581263748874

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Here is the UK notice. No information on different batteries and the option to select the Plus battery is given. Very strange. Then again, they don't have option packages. *shrug*
1581263748874.png
Same notice in Switzerland..... Nothing else and I asked my dealer id the Alu roof and the sports package would delay my car and the answer came back from Porsche Switzerland that no this was not the case...........

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is what it says in the US. No mention of the battery, but the performance battery plus is an option that is selected for you, and you can’t deselect it.

The standard Aluminum Roof and Porsche Mobile Charger Plus are not available on vehicles that are currently in production and are estimated to be available on vehicles that begin production in June 2020. All initial production Taycan orders will be equipped with the optional Fixed Panoramic Roof in Glass and Porsche Mobile Charger Connect.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is what it says in the US. No mention of the battery, but the performance battery plus is an option that is selected for you, and you can’t deselect it.

The standard Aluminum Roof and Porsche Mobile Charger Plus are not available on vehicles that are currently in production and are estimated to be available on vehicles that begin production in June 2020. All initial production Taycan orders will be equipped with the optional Fixed Panoramic Roof in Glass and Porsche Mobile Charger Connect.
Are you looking at the 4S configuration, or the Turbo/Turbo S? The latter don't have the option of a smaller battery.
Sponsored