Have any of you had a problem-free Taycan experience?

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I've had the car for only a short period of time but my 2020 4s has been without fault so far. There are a couple of minor rattles but nothing unexpected for a new car IMO. This is also really the first year of production for a brand new car for Porsche so you usually expect teething troubles in the first year.

It's always been interesting to me how things that work for us flawlessly tend to disappear into the background; you never really think much about them. Inversely, when things don't work well, the echo chamber that is the internet seems to imply it's the worst product ever, because you tend only to hear about cases where things go wrong.

I'm happy to see all these positive posts about the Taycan - it's a great car and while I miss the handling of my old i8, I wouldn't go back and change my decision to buy the Taycan.

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had my MY21 4S for 3 weeks now and other than a rock from a truck in front of me causing a crack in my windshield yesterday (only had 250 miles on the car at the time...) it seems to be performing well. I have an appointment on Monday at the dealer for the software update and will discuss repair options with them for the windshield.

I should also note that I have not yet used the PMCC. I have a Clipper Creek HCS-60R, Ruggedized 48 Amp, Level 2, EVSE, 240V, with 25 ft cable that I had installed prior to taking delivery of my 4S and have used it exclusively to charge my 4S without issue.

I also didn't have a formal hand-off\training from the dealership in Austin when I took delivery. That's due in part to the salesperson I had been working with leaving the dealership the day before I took delivery and also because the dealership moved into a new building about 2 weeks later. Once the software update is complete I'll schedule a "2nd delivery" to hopefully learn everything about the settings that I haven't yet figured out on my own and with help from this forum.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I also didn't have a formal hand-off\training from the dealership in Austin when I took delivery. That's due in part to the salesperson I had been working with leaving the dealership the day before I took delivery and also because the dealership moved into a new building about 2 weeks later. Once the software update is complete I'll schedule a "2nd delivery" to hopefully learn everything about the settings that I haven't yet figured out on my own and with help from this forum.
shame on your dealership for doing a piss poor delivery experience. regardless of the status of your sales person there should have been someone made available to properly deliver the car.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Over one year, 5000 miles, no problems. Very minor software glitches before update a few months back. Now flawless. MY20 TTS.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I don‘t want to jinx it, but no real problems to speak of at all. Some minor annoyances with PCM, Innodrive, etc. but otherwise all solid.

Anyone who asks me about the Taycan, I usually say this: I am now 4 (change number of months as time goes on) months into Taycan ownership and if I compare that with being 4 months into ownership of my previous car(s), the joy of Taycan ownership is still very high compared to it having subsided a little by now in the others.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I’m on my 4 month with my 2021 4S which is my daily. It’s a GREAT car and I have around 2000mea on it. I only have 175 miles on my 992 Turbo S cab if that tells you which car I love the most. Haven’t had a single issue with the car. Took it in today for the 5 hour software update. Don’t notice any difference and the experience has been flawless thus far.

JasonATX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY20 G63, MY20 Model X, MY21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Zero issues for me, including the ordering and delivery process. My car was delivered on the exact date promised with all features that I optioned available and working. I’ve put just under 2000 miles on her so far, received the campaign update, and my only complaint is that carplay takes a while to load and has a hard time deciding whether to link with my phone or my wife’s.

Hands down the most enjoyable driving experience I‘ve ever had in a vehicle.

Certainly not to diminish the very evident challenges of others, but my experience has been exceptional.

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
Got a MY2020 Taycan Turbo with approximately 10000 km. I've had some issues, but nothing that ever left me stuck on the side of the road.
The major issue I experienced was the 12V battery one, which I got twice but when at home, with the charger plugged in the car for more than 24h. I could wake up the car myself both times.
The other problems I've had so far were mostly software glitches, wing misalignment (which was fixed) and the DC charge port that, sometimes, would require several attempts to eventually connect to fast chargers (which was fixed as well).

None of these issues ever made me regret buying the car :)

Get yours, you'll love it! It's a true Porsche. Maybe you'll miss the sound of the flat-6... for a few seconds, then you'll forget about it because the Taycan is so much fun! It's much more agile than one would think before actually trying it and the low center of gravity gives it astonishing stability. The only thing to keep in mind is: although it brakes like a Porsche, it's 2.3 tons and you can't beat physics ;-)

Kaizen

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Almost 8000 km, no problem really. Love the car, love the ride!

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/trip-onto-the-tropical-island.4397/

Just this evening, however, I had a really strange collision warning on a regular road at night with nobody and nothing there besides a few bugs.
The next evening at almost the same spot again collision warning. As if the car is driving with an old map.
I had similar yesterday. Driving along in daylight in the city at 20mph and the car slammed the brakes and gave me an accident collision warning. Nothing there at all. Fortunately, nothing behind me neither.
Other than the odd software glitch, everything else has been reliable. Only 1,000 miles

Mark3575

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan, '19 Cayenne, '99 911, '98 911
Country flag
"... After that I went and bought a battery back charger that fits in the glove box ..."

Can you be more specific about the battery pack charger you bought? Is that different than what people who drive internal combustion engine cars use to quick jump dead batteries?

Also, I thought I saw somewhere in the online manual that certain types of battery pack boosters/jumpers are not to be used to jump the Taycan battery.

Thanks.
Sponsored