Have I made the right choices? (Too much time to think whilst waiting)

AMcA

First Name
AMcA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Greetings! I first thought I was gonna get the Volcanic Grey, which is real sharp but then decided I have had grey cars for more than 10 years and needed a change and considered Gentian Blue.

I have now seen the Gentian Blue in person on several occassions. At night, cloudy day, direct sun...and it is gorgeous!! Lots of depth and changes colors. Definitely getting this.

So I personally think you are making a great decision.

As I zero in on the lock date, where I am really being indecisive is:

1) interior: Limestone Beige (standard or full) but now really considering Olea Meranti Brown. This is certainly the most $$ decision as it is a $7k swing.

2) Sports Chrono: Right now leaning that it not needed for RWD as Sports mode will be sufficient with Sports Plus chassis. (I am getting PASM). I also dont love clock.

3) Rear wheel steering: Was certain I didnt need this but now thinking it is worth the $$

4) PB+: Dont need the distance and $$ doesnt seem to justify the slight performance boost.
Yes, get rear wheel steering. Taycans are bigger than you think, and the extra maneuverability is great. Also, the sensation of the car turning around its center instead of around its front end is quite nice - adds to the go-cart feel of the car. Well worth the stupid price.

Look at Meranti Brown in an actual car before you order. I found the contrast between the two shades involved in that interior to be unattractive.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Look at Meranti Brown in an actual car before you order. I found the contrast between the two shades involved in that interior to be unattractive.
Ugh...I was afraid someone would say that. There is no car with that interior anywhere currently around for me to see. One guy who has it said it was a bit greenish (which is NOT what I would want). Not many pics online either. The pics I have seen I like though!

I may play it safe and go for limestone beige which I have seen.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes, get rear wheel steering. Taycans are bigger than you think, and the extra maneuverability is great. Also, the sensation of the car turning around its center instead of around its front end is quite nice - adds to the go-cart feel of the car. Well worth the stupid price.

The "meranti brown" interior in the UK configurator isn't working and just shows the basalt black interior again, that is so obviously wrong that I am slightly worried how representative any of the other interior pictures in the configurator actually are :(

OP
OP
Gentleman Blue

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
Simply put, I did make the right choices!!
Very happy with colour, options everything, worth the wait!!
I'll post some images of the Neodyne trim when I get a mo, looks great, not as blingy as the configurator.

Porsche Taycan Have I made the right choices? (Too much time to think whilst waiting) tempImagedNmkp1

Last edited:

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'll post some images of the Neodyne trim when I get a mo, looks great, not as blingy as the configurator.

tempImagedNmkp1.png
???

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Looks phenomenal! Congrats on the beautiful ride!! I now feel like such a bore choosing Jet black metallic. But then again, all my clothes are black, grey and dark blue :CWL:

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Gentian Blue Taycan ?
D52B9657-75ED-47BA-B9B8-4A6C69C4249B.jpeg

00836DD2-5B8C-4366-93C6-5773BBAF97FF.jpeg

And CT
74414DF8-2964-4BCC-BB55-8209B115F66C.jpeg

134C75B1-39E1-4E99-85B3-80C563FC3F1B.jpeg

With black rails and roof box (still waiting for the blue blades for the roof box sides - these are the standard black ones)
D1A64887-D619-42AD-969C-440C9CCAAB1D.jpeg

It’s a very classy colour and get loads of compliments.

I wouldn’t bother with the leather having driven with and without. I love these wheels. Which wheels did you get?
Great car! Have you done some driving with and without the ski box and could you give any comment on the range on a trip on the highway with the box. I would be really interested to know.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag

tempImagedNmkp1.png
Please do post neodyme, as I have it coming with mine (chalk interior)! Thanks and congrats!

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Great car! Have you done some driving with and without the ski box and could you give any comment on the range on a trip on the highway with the box. I would be really interested to know.
Yep done 2 big road trips with the roof box and it reduces range by approx 10-15%.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Yep done 2 big road trips with the roof box and it reduces range by approx 10-15%.
Thanks! That is much better than expected. How did you plan your trip? ABRP and used a higher KWH?