Have I made the right choices? (Too much time to think whilst waiting)

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
Anticipation is a great thing in some respects and all part of the fun I guess, however...
The longer time passes waiting for an update on the delivery, the more I question some of my fundamental choices:
  • Have I ordered the right colour?
  • Are the wheels still the ones I prefer?
  • Should I have gone with full leather?
Etc Etc.......

I've ordered Gentian Blue and I'm sure I'll love it, but seeing posts from other members does get the mind churning...
..that Crayon with satin PPF looks sweet... yet that Mamba Green in Florida looks fab.. especially with the Carbon bladed wheels...but saying that the CT wheels in black are cool..... ARhhhhhhhhhh

Too much waiting does equal too much thinking time.

Not that any of this really matters, once the spec is locked it's locked!
Maybe someone will see mine and think, 'that Gentian Blue looks fantastic with the CT wheels!!'

Round and round we go... :CWL:
Sponsored

DJM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo
Country flag
Anticipation is a great thing in some respects and all part of the fun I guess, however...
The longer time passes waiting for an update on the delivery, the more I question some of my fundamental choices:
  • Have I ordered the right colour?
  • Are the wheels still the ones I prefer?
  • Should I have gone with full leather?
Etc Etc.......

I've ordered Gentian Blue and I'm sure I'll love it, but seeing posts from other members does get the mind churning...
..that Crayon with satin PPF looks sweet... yet that Mamba Green in Florida looks fab.. especially with the Carbon bladed wheels...but saying that the CT wheels in black are cool..... ARhhhhhhhhhh

Too much waiting does equal too much thinking time.

Not that any of this really matters, once the spec is locked it's locked!
Maybe someone will see mine and think, 'that Gentian Blue looks fantastic with the CT wheels!!'

Round and round we go... :CWL:
I am in exactly the same position as you... waiting and questioning my choices! I am starting to regret the silver roof rails (many people on here said I might, so it is my own fault) but I think they look great on the configurator with Gentian blue and also not adding insulated glass. Ah well only another 2.5 months to wait!

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I am in exactly the same position as you... waiting and questioning my choices! I am starting to regret the silver roof rails (many people on here said I might, so it is my own fault) but I think they look great on the configurator with Gentian blue and also not adding insulated glass. Ah well only another 2.5 months to wait!
I went with the silver roof rails because the cross bars were only available in sliver. And I decided any small scratches in the rails caused by the cross bars would be less noticeable on the silver rails.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Greetings! I first thought I was gonna get the Volcanic Grey, which is real sharp but then decided I have had grey cars for more than 10 years and needed a change and considered Gentian Blue.

I have now seen the Gentian Blue in person on several occassions. At night, cloudy day, direct sun...and it is gorgeous!! Lots of depth and changes colors. Definitely getting this.

So I personally think you are making a great decision.

As I zero in on the lock date, where I am really being indecisive is:

1) interior: Limestone Beige (standard or full) but now really considering Olea Meranti Brown. This is certainly the most $$ decision as it is a $7k swing.

2) Sports Chrono: Right now leaning that it not needed for RWD as Sports mode will be sufficient with Sports Plus chassis. (I am getting PASM). I also dont love clock.

3) Rear wheel steering: Was certain I didnt need this but now thinking it is worth the $$

4) PB+: Dont need the distance and $$ doesnt seem to justify the slight performance boost.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Faced very similar decisions with our now 3 month old 3K trouble free miles RWD.

RAS really helps us with our driveway, garage and parking. Taycan is a big car. PASM also great for our driveway with smart lift.

Passed on sport chrono. Have it in another Porsche and would not get again. Very easy to change modes and I don't really change that often anyway. For me the clock is ugly.

With 220+ mile range at 80% SOC, PB+ would have added virtually no benefit to our daily driving and the few road trips we've done. EA has been 100% reliable in our use so far.

We got Volcano and standard interior. No regrets on either.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Gentian Blue Taycan ?
Porsche Taycan Have I made the right choices? (Too much time to think whilst waiting) D52B9657-75ED-47BA-B9B8-4A6C69C4249B

Porsche Taycan Have I made the right choices? (Too much time to think whilst waiting) 00836DD2-5B8C-4366-93C6-5773BBAF97FF

And CT
Porsche Taycan Have I made the right choices? (Too much time to think whilst waiting) 74414DF8-2964-4BCC-BB55-8209B115F66C

Porsche Taycan Have I made the right choices? (Too much time to think whilst waiting) 134C75B1-39E1-4E99-85B3-80C563FC3F1B

With black rails and roof box (still waiting for the blue blades for the roof box sides - these are the standard black ones)
Porsche Taycan Have I made the right choices? (Too much time to think whilst waiting) D1A64887-D619-42AD-969C-440C9CCAAB1D

It’s a very classy colour and get loads of compliments.

I wouldn’t bother with the leather having driven with and without. I love these wheels. Which wheels did you get?

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Amazing pics Bob. I am getting the same wheels.

Dan, love your post which confirms my decisions.

I do realize the Olea leather is certainly not necessary and the limestone beige in standard would be just fine. But damn, the Meranti Brown sounds so lush. I think it would look great with the Gentian Blue. Havent seen anyone on this forum pick that combo (and very few pick Meranti at all)

OP
OP
Gentleman Blue

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
Gentian Blue Taycan ?

And CT

With black rails and roof box (still waiting for the blue blades for the roof box sides - these are the standard black ones)

It’s a very classy colour and get loads of compliments.

I wouldn’t bother with the leather having driven with and without. I love these wheels. Which wheels did you get?
I went with the CT design wheels, always really liked them, I was torn between them and the carbon bladed wheels.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Amazing pics Bob. I am getting the same wheels.

Dan, love your post which confirms my decisions.

I do realize the Olea leather is certainly not necessary and the limestone beige in standard would be just fine. But damn, the Meranti Brown sounds so lush. I think it would look great with the Gentian Blue. Havent seen anyone on this forum pick that combo (and very few pick Meranti at all)
If I was getting the leather I’d get the chalk. Had white seats in a Black Tesla Model X and loved them. I think the contrast with the gentian blue would be spectacular

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
If I was getting the leather I’d get the chalk. Had white seats in a Black Tesla Model X and loved them. I think the contrast with the gentian blue would be spectacular
I 100% agree. However I got a hard veto from wife. She hates the harsh contrast in back seats. Thinks it look cheap. While I completely disagree, gotta keep the lady happy.

So my only choices are black, grey, limestone beige or meranti brown.