Have ordered a CT4S and have some questions

Getoffmyland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JD 6100, Defender, Discovery, Sprinter
Country flag
Hi guys,

Firstly, thanks for all the info on this forum - it is fantastic and has been really really useful in speccing my CT4S build.

I am in the UK and have a couple of questions though

1) Can you get SportChrono without the clock/bump on the dash?
2) If you don't Spec sport chrono - do you still get the mode wheel or do you have to go into menus? I really dont love the bump on the dash but I do want sport plus etc...
3) The UK configurator keeps throwing out my Matrix headlight option?

I will ask the dealer as well but I generally like to ask the questions on a forum because in the past have found that Dealers dont always know the answers even though they sewear blind that you can;t have X or Y...

Thanks,

Edward
Sponsored

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Hi guys,

Firstly, thanks for all the info on this forum - it is fantastic and has been really really useful in speccing my CT4S build.

I am in the UK and have a couple of questions though

1) Can you get SportChrono without the clock/bump on the dash?
2) If you don't Spec sport chrono - do you still get the mode wheel or do you have to go into menus? I really dont love the bump on the dash but I do want sport plus etc...
3) The UK configurator keeps throwing out my Matrix headlight option?

I will ask the dealer as well but I generally like to ask the questions on a forum because in the past have found that Dealers dont always know the answers even though they sewear blind that you can;t have X or Y...

Thanks,

Edward
welcome to the forum!

1: No
2: No - but you still get the different drive modes, only you have to change in the PCM.
3: Porsche low on components and prioritizing the models where the Matrix headlights are standard. Should pick up in a few months.

OP
OP

Getoffmyland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
welcome to the forum!

1:
2: No - but you still get the different drive modes, only you have to change in the PCM.
3:

Thanks Roppe - just to clarify - you don't get Sport Plus though? What is the difference between Sport+ and Sport mode?

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Thanks Roppe - just to clarify - you don't get Sport Plus though? What is the difference between Sport+ and Sport mode?
My pleasure. You still get them all, below is a pic of the difference between them. I recommend downloading the Porsche good to know app - really easy to navigate and find info in it! ?

Porsche Taycan Have ordered a CT4S and have some questions 66BCB80A-C501-44B6-BA2F-C9E1405A9066

OP
OP

Getoffmyland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My pleasure. You still get them all, below is a pic of the difference between them. I recommend downloading the Porsche good to know app - really easy to navigate and find info in it! ?

66BCB80A-C501-44B6-BA2F-C9E1405A9066.png
Thank You! I will download the app - great recommendation

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I thought you needed Sport Chrono to get Sport Plus and Individual modes.

BartA

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
Hi, does anybody have more info on different driving modes? What exactly do they change? Throttle response, breaking, steering ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If this is the case I do apologize. I was under the impression that this option did not add these. Perhaps someone without Sports chrono package can confirm?
Sports Chrono adds the following:

- GT multifunction sports steering wheel including mode switch for selecting driving modes Range, Normal, Sport, Sport Plus and Individual
- Analogue and digital stopwatch
- Sport Plus mode with performance-oriented tuning of chassis, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the performance battery
- Individual mode for individual configuration of the settings for driving mode, chassis, chassis-level and Porsche Electric Sport Sound (note: settings options depend on the equipment)
- PSM Sport mode

If you don't have Sports Chrono you can personalise the My Home screen on the PCM to add the various standard drive modes - Normal, Sport, Range. Additionally you can customise this screen to add other widgets - battery range, map, others. This makes selection quick and easy.

Launch Control comes with all cars - only pre-requisite is to engage Sport drive mode.

PASM selection from normal, sport & sport plus is standard with air suspension and Sport Chrono is not a pre-requisite for this.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi, does anybody have more info on different driving modes? What exactly do they change? Throttle response, breaking, steering ?
Read the Porsche Good to Know App on this topic.

Essentially, 'yes' is the answer but add suspension height, damper stiffening, further tuning of PTV+, PDCC, Sport Sound and RAS where fitted.

In general you won't tend to deviate from Normal, Range and occasionally Sport

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Different drive modes definitely change steering weight and throttle response, and suspension firmness, similar to Porsches ICE sports cars.

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have a CT4s without Sports Crono (I don’t like the hump either). I don’t have a sports+ car setting, but I have a sports+ chassis setting.
Sponsored