Having issues trying to get the software upgrade For my Taycan 4S.

PJLI

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S / 912 C2/ 911 4S / Mercedes S550 / Maseratti Gran Turismo
Country flag
I’ve been having issues trying to get the software upgrade For my Taycan 4S.
Are all dealerships capable of doing this. I keep getting discouraged from doing the upgrade by my service rep?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not heard of any pushback in UK but as you’ll have read on this forum there have been problematic updates so perhaps that’s the hesitancy.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Go to another dealer if you can.

If your service rep says no, either they don't want you as a customer or they are incapable of doing it.

Swissmister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan S
Country flag
My local dealer indicated that they have been having major problems with the update and are recommending I wait until those problems are resolved.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would agree with @Swissmister, I took my 4S in for the update to a Bay Area Dealer who should be quite savvy 2 weeks after update was available. They had an issue with the update bricking a control unit and I am now 3 weeks without the car and no hard planned date for the part. It seems like Russian Roulette at this time. I know all was well for @Reg, but YMMV.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
FWIW, my car was already in the shop when the update was released, but I would have waited if my dealer was having issues installing the update and I wasn't having any problems.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would agree with @Swissmister, I took my 4S in for the update to a Bay Area Dealer who should be quite savvy 2 weeks after update was available. They had an issue with the update bricking a control unit and I am now 3 weeks without the car and no hard planned date for the part. It seems like Russian Roulette at this time. I know all was well for @Reg, but YMMV.
One more week and then you can request for a replacement new Stealth :)

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
FWIW, my car was already in the shop when the update was released, but I would have waited if my dealer was having issues installing the update and I wasn't having any problems.
Dear @KensingtonPark
Believe me, I wasn't interested in being on the bleeding edge or having problems. I emailed my service advisor the week before and said, I have an appointment for Monday but I want to verify the updates are going smoothly or I can reschedule. He said to bring it in. And now we are at 1 month and awaiting a 2nd Control Unit to arrive early this coming week. I only hope this will solve my problems.

I miss my car so much.
Also I am waiting for a call from a supervisor at PCNA to discuss my current situation.
Sponsored