Cabsav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sorry but this is how I feel ........ one thing after another

F66CF66E-D252-473E-BBC0-BAD41F096815.jpeg
I rejected my first one and got a full refund! My second one has been problematic as well but they seem to have largely got it right after its last visit to the dealer. I would either reject your car or demand a replacement. Good Luck!

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jensen Interceptor
Country flag
I rejected my first one and got a full refund! My second one has been problematic as well but they seem to have largely got it right after its last visit to the dealer. I would either reject your car or demand a replacement. Good Luck!
[/QUOTE

I rejected mine in December, after it died on the M4 motorway and didn’t even give me time to pull over to the side of the road. I was considering trying again with another Taycan later in the year but reading your post makes me think it is still too risky to be an early adopter.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This seems to be a known SOFTWARE issue. Here is the related TSB (dated Sep 1st 2020)

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10180484-0001.pdf

Copying from the TSB:

"An initialization issue in the control unit for the servomotor causing this fault is resolved in a pending VR software release."

The fix described in the TSB is just unplug the transmission motor for 60sec and then plug it back.. So I guess it can happen again to anyone. Add that to the list of pending software updates...

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Strange how know the answer as I've had this too but the dealers and Porsche assist haven't a clue.

This seems to be a known SOFTWARE issue. Here is the related TSB (dated Sep 1st 2020)

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10180484-0001.pdf

Copying from the TSB:

"An initialization issue in the control unit for the servomotor causing this fault is resolved in a pending VR software release."

The fix described in the TSB is just unplug the transmission motor for 60sec and then plug it back.. So I guess it can happen again to anyone. Add that to the list of pending software updates...

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Did this happen in motion?
Sponsored