Heated seats and heated steering wheel automatically come on...How do I turn this off?

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Whenever I get into my car and start it up the heated seats and heated steering wheel automatically come on...How do I turn this off? I've been into my local dealer...no clue. I called Porsche Connect....no clue.

Can somebody tell me how I switch this off, and manage this please.

BTW - I don't have the 14-way memory package so I'm guessing it'll be on the centre console somewhere.

Thanks
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Its worth noting you can buy the Driver Memory Package as its own standalone option – without upgraded seats:

Porsche Taycan Heated seats and heated steering wheel automatically come on...How do I turn this off? Screenshot 2020-12-07 at 10.37.50

So are you sure you don't have it? Is there a "key" button on your door near the inside handles?

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
I was wondering the same, I think its to do with auto climate, both my seats and steering were on, but I could not see a physical button for the heated steering. I have the memory package.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
I was wondering the same, I think its to do with auto climate, both my seats and steering were on, but I could not see a physical button for the heated steering. I have the memory package.
The heated steering wheel button is at the bottom of the wheel, between the two spokes. If you feel round the back of the wheel in that area you will find the button.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have this "problem", whenever I am parked outside in the cold, the car seems to think I am freezing and turns on the heated steering wheel and the seats and I love it. If this is a bug, I don't want it fixed. :-D I have 18-way seats, so I have memory, but it doesn't come on in my parking garage where it's around 15 C. It must be an auto climate thing.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
If in the Porsche Connect or even car, you have a departure timer set-up. You might have the pre-heat/cool option selected. If so, then that's possibly the reason. You can also (in the car) set this to activate on the key fob, ie when you unlock the car it will automatically begin the pre-cool/heat function - based on the temp settings set-up. You can change this in the settings for the car (in the car itself).
Sponsored