snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What use are loaners if Porsche is not keeping enough on hand to keep up with failure+repair rates of their cars? Do they provide external car rental or uber credits?
I agree. If they don't have Porsche cars I'd like them to use some of their trade-ins if necessary as loaners, but they aren't doing that now.

I was not offered external car rental refunds or uber credits, but I didn't ask.
Sponsored

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After three weeks with my car in the shop to replace the heater I am getting it back today. Really was not bad given they gave me a Macan to use. Happy with the loaner but very happy to get my car back.
Good luck everyone waiting.
My loaner was a new Macan with 350 miles on it, and it was nice to drive - just not as nice as the Taycan...

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My dealer finally provided a loaner (base Cayenne $84k sticker!). Prior to getting it, I had spoken to Porsche NA and they told me that Porsche requires each dealership to have a certain number of loaners. The local dealer Service Manager said they are not allowed to provide any of the used cars with a dealer tag (which I suggested) nor does Porsche allow them to use Enterprise or Hertz like my BMW dealer uses. They will send a UBER or LYFT. He claims he has 45 loaner cars and tries to hold 2 as emergency, but they were all out. I realize people schedule services (for example oil change) and request a loaner. Emergencies happen and someone whose car cannot be driven, needs a loaner more than the guy who scheduled a service. Bump him a day or two since he has a working car. Inconvenience to him yes, but not the end of the world.

magnusch

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Vancouver, Canada Taycan driver here. Heater broke two days ago, phoned dealer two days ago and they said I got lucky as they had a few in stock. Normally they say it's very backordered and can take months... what a pain.

Seems like heaters breaking is a normal occurrence?

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Some horror stories on heaters in here, mine went at 27000 miles last week, had car picked up via recovery from work on Wednesday, arrived with Porsche dealer Wednesday PM, asked them to service it and replace two rear tyres, got a call at 4pm Friday to say all done!!

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Some horror stories on heaters in here, mine went at 27000 miles last week, had car picked up via recovery from work on Wednesday, arrived with Porsche dealer Wednesday PM, asked them to service it and replace two rear tyres, got a call at 4pm Friday to say all done!!
It is all situational I find - congrats to you and your dealer for the great service!

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The only thing I wasn't able to get any info from the SA on is the likelihood of sequential HV Heater failures. Hopefully the replacement units are either better designed, and at least don't have the solder problem mentioned on the one service note.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
I am not sure there are any 99%+ reliable cars being made any more. I used to love Lexus (Toyota) reliability but even their latest EV had a major recall because its wheels would fall off (the recall was serious enough for them to give every owner a new ICE car to drive, cover their fuel costs, and tow away the EV until they can fix the problem. There was a buyback option too). If you find a car with which nobody has had any problems with, let me know. Ideally it would be a performance EV.
There are precisely zero reliable EVs currently on the market. Every manufacturer is learning EV tech on the job. On the bright side, new ICEs also have most of the overcomplicated electronics that lead to many common failures. Reliability sucks across the board these days. If you want reliable, buy a used Toyota with a non-turbo engine.

OTOH, my wife's 2014 GLK350 has been absolutely bulletproof. 3.5L V6, no turbos, very little fancy electronics. That year was about the end of the road for that type of car. Now every ICE is a shrunken-displacement, high-strung turbo engine that will blow fuel pumps and seals sooner or later. Or worse, a hybrid system that adds even more complexity.

BROUbrou09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, Audi e-tron
Country flag
Add me to the list. 2021 CT4S. Heater failed Jan 5, 2023, with system error message. Appointment scheduled for this Monday to resolve.
Issue resolved two weeks after diagnostic appointment; fortunate that the part was available so quickly. Was without heat for almost one month.

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
2021 4S. Heater failed today. I just called 2 local dealers. I am being told the replacement heater parts are on national back order with no ETA (in the U.S.). Not good.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Vancouver, Canada Taycan driver here. Heater broke two days ago, phoned dealer two days ago and they said I got lucky as they had a few in stock. Normally they say it's very backordered and can take months... what a pain.

Seems like heaters breaking is a normal occurrence?
Im in Vancouver too. What year is your car? And what mileage are you at?