Heater broken. My turn.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
2022 Taycan 4S, just passed 16k km mark. At least my dealership made the repair seamless…
Ok now I’m worried. Im also a 2022 4S from Vancouver with 8000km.

How long did they have to work on your car?
Sponsored

ntmatter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan, 2001 HMMWV M1123A2
Country flag
Add me to the list, 2021 Taycan 4S took it in on 2/15 and am told the high voltage heater core needs to be replaced, with no ETA on the backordered part. Was told it would be likely at least an additional 2 weeks (so 4 weeks total).

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Handing the loaner Macan back today after a 5 weeks.
4 1/2 to get the replacement parts. 2 days for the replacement/testing

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Taycan Cross Turismo 4s (waiting)
Country flag
I have ordered my CT4s in July 2022 and the estimated delivery date is 31st August 2023. The number of heater issue and delays in fixing the issue at dealers is very worrying. This is dampening my enthusiasm for what would be my first Porsche. I drive a boring Audi A6 but have not had any issue with it or my last 3 A6s over 13 years. I am thinking if I should delay my transition to an EV for a little bit longer...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have ordered my CT4s in July 2022 and the estimated delivery date is 31st August 2023. The number of heater issue and delays in fixing the issue at dealers is very worrying. This is dampening my enthusiasm for what would be my first Porsche. I drive a boring Audi A6 but have not had any issue with it or my last 3 A6s over 13 years. I am thinking if I should delay my transition to an EV for a little bit longer...
If delivery is August try and slip it a quarter to guarantee an MY24 car.

Comparing ICE cars to EVs is meaningless these days. All EVs have issues and some more than others.

The Taycan is close to being perfect which is all the more frustrating.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
All cars with newer safety systems and electronics have issues, even ICE cars. However, if you are happy with the ar you are driving then maybe no rush.

Just remember that you'll be missing out on driving and enjoying the best car you've ever owned. :)

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Taycan Cross Turismo 4s (waiting)
Country flag
All cars with newer safety systems and electronics have issues, even ICE cars. However, if you are happy with the ar you are driving then maybe no rush.

Just remember that you'll be missing out on driving and enjoying the best car you've ever owned. :)
Yes, from the test drive, I have a high expectation for the car and the brand but just concerned with the number of people who had the heater, delays in parts and seemingly no long term fix after the problem has been known for so long.

ntmatter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, from the test drive, I have a high expectation for the car and the brand but just concerned with the number of people who had the heater, delays in parts and seemingly no long term fix after the problem has been known for so long.
Even with the annoyance of this heater failure, I would still absolutely buy a Taycan. It is an amazing creation - I tell people that if it got 500 miles range it would be absolutely perfect.

Sounds like they got hosed buy a part supplier with a design defect on the original part, so if I were to guess at some point they may just suck it up and do a recall to fix them all - like the IMS issue in 996's.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I have joined the crowd with a heater failure in my ‘21 4S. I think I even answered a recent poll here saying I was not affected!! I called the selling dealer, they said they were not scheduling new appointments for Taycans until JUNE!!!! I called another local dealer and have an appointment this Wednesday. On the phone the scheduler noted they have seen a number of these cases, and that they need to confirm the defect in my car to order the part, which they say will take 2-4 weeks. I do not plan to leave the car in the shop since it is drivable as long as the weather is not too cold (I park in a garage, so I do not have to worry about frost on the windshield).

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer (Cincinnati) said they had done 10 already and 4 in waiting.
Said they expect to replace it again once Porsche have a new design available

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Add me to the list! in Seattle WA and contacting my SA today to see how long we will be without heat :/

ntmatter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had mine replaced, and while they were at it they performed a recall on the rear wheels (I think the braking system?) that took an extra few days. I'll note that I think I was moved up the list because when surveyed about my first trip in to evaluate I'd responded that I wasn't happy to have to wait weeks on the part. The next day was informed that my part was available and set a time. So, squeaky wheel may work here if they think it'll affect the survey ratings. Heater now works, so at least the fix is good (for now).

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
As I said above, none of the new EV’s are perfect. It just happens to the Taycan driving experience makes up for the imperfections and moves it to the top of the list in my opinion.

Also, it’s not like they don’t already know they have a problem with the high-voltage heater. By the time you get yours and eventually see a problem, there should be plenty of parts.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Not so sure about parts, heater or otherwise. I have been waiting since January 21 for a HV cell for my car and it arrived today (3/27). Others are waiting on the entire HV Battery and being told October. I think there is still a back log on infrequently used parts.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Add me to the list! in Seattle WA and contacting my SA today to see how long we will be without heat :/
Heater HV ordered today - will report back on how long and install turn over. SA said that the numbers they are seeing is growing.
Sponsored