Rango

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 BMW M550i, 2024 BMW X5
Country flag
Bought my 2021 Taycan 4S in 2022 with 9,500 miles. Lived in California until September 2022.
Moved to Colorado and never turned on heater until a month ago…sounds silly but never occurred
to me to try heater as I always needed a/c. Anyhow just discovered heater doesn’t work. Will take to dealer in two weeks for repair. Am very doubtful Porsche has a handle on this problem. This is my 6th Porsche and am having major concerns about the brand. There has got to be a way to bring the concerns/problem of so many to the attention of those who would give the issue the attention it deserves! Anyone have experience getting an appropriate response on a large scale?
Sponsored

Last edited:

StevenB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Another victim here. I just bought a CPO Taycan RWD with 7000 miles on it and right before pickup I was notified the heater is broken. A bit of a bummer because I was completely ready to jump into my first Porsche. Good thing I bought it in Germany and supposedly delivery is only being delayed by three days ( fingers crossed ). If so, one less thing to worry about in the near future :)

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Sorry to hear, glad it's close to 'home' so they can fix it right up. What MY?

Mac_Gaz

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Heater replaced 5 weeks ago with supposed “updated” part. New heater failed this morning. It’s infuriating!

Porsche need to be a bit more open regarding this problem and what they are doing to get it sorted. What is the point of replacing parts with parts that are simply going to fail again.

Does anyone have any additional information regarding the heater failures or is it just a case that we have to live with the fact that this item can fail at anytime?

EdwinT

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo, Porsche 356a T1
Country flag
Well, +1… december 2021 Taycan 4 CT. Heater down.

Appointment in two weeks with the dealer. Mechanic said they knew about the issues, but new parts would be there in time.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car's heater was replaced in early December, 2022. The part number of the replaced heater is PAD963507.

How do I know if the replaced heater is the revised/improved model, or the older failure-prone model?

2400 Taycans in Canada are being recalled for heater replacements:
Recall: 2,455 Taycans recalled in Canada for failing HV cabin heaters - May 31, 2023

I don't want to wait till winter to find out the car needs another heater and the part takes a month to arrive.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Heater replaced 5 weeks ago with supposed “updated” part. New heater failed this morning. It’s infuriating!

Porsche need to be a bit more open regarding this problem and what they are doing to get it sorted. What is the point of replacing parts with parts that are simply going to fail again.

Does anyone have any additional information regarding the heater failures or is it just a case that we have to live with the fact that this item can fail at anytime?
@Mac_Gaz
The second time your car had heating problem, did the car have to have the "updated" heater replaced again, or was the problem caused by something else?

Mac_Gaz

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Mac_Gaz
The second time your car had heating problem, did the car have to have the "updated" heater replaced again, or was the problem caused by something else?
They said something else but didn’t say what. It was in for a day and came out fixed. It’s since failed again (last week) and I’m a tad miffed.

hatpick

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
My car's heater was replaced in early December, 2022. The part number of the replaced heater is PAD963507.

How do I know if the replaced heater is the revised/improved model, or the older failure-prone model?

2400 Taycans in Canada are being recalled for heater replacements:
Recall: 2,455 Taycans recalled in Canada for failing HV cabin heaters - May 31, 2023

I don't want to wait till winter to find out the car needs another heater and the part takes a month to arrive.
Car has too many issues, after the heater failure and their fix, my car started showing issues with alarm system where it would go off as soon as locked the car, neither US service center nor Germany could figure out what's going on so the car was sitting in their parking lot for weeks, I eventually bought a etron gt and lemoned the Porsche, it was too much trouble for me.

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I remember my dealer mentioning heater issues back in January and how they presumed a full recall would be done shortly due to new heater units with the fix for whatever the issue was being made available. Apparently that never happened.

My heater just died on my way back down from the ice cold Norwegian mountains. I kept going until I struggled to feel my feet and now I stopped at a service station to get warm and figure out whether to call the breakdown service or keep on pushing.

I’d argue failing heaters are a health and safety hazard, and Porsche knowing about this issue for over a year yet deciding not to do a recall is a bit of a concern.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I remember my dealer mentioning heater issues back in January and how they presumed a full recall would be done shortly due to new heater units with the fix for whatever the issue was being made available. Apparently that never happened.

My heater just died on my way back down from the ice cold Norwegian mountains. I kept going until I struggled to feel my feet and now I stopped at a service station to get warm and figure out whether to call the breakdown service or keep on pushing.

I’d argue failing heaters are a health and safety hazard, and Porsche knowing about this issue for over a year yet deciding not to do a recall is a bit of a concern.
Porsche did a recall for heaters in Canada.
Also at least one forum member in US had pre-emptive heater replacement.
Also campaign WLN2 for heaters for 57 Taycans in April, 2022.

UK auto safety regulators don't see Taycan heater failure as a safety problem: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/heating-failure.13668/page-7#post-212394

First heater failure post in this forum was October 2020.

Last edited:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I suspect mine may be on its way out. We’ve had a few days of colder temps around here, and it feels to me like the (pre-)heating is not as fierce as i recall from last winter. There is warm air coming from the vents, but not as warm or as fast as the conditions would seem to require. 0*C/32*F ambient temp, 21.5*C/no idea *F target; even if i crank it up to 24 or turn windshield defogger on it’s not really warming up. Battery temp is around 9-11*C.

I’d be very curious to know the eligibility criteria for the heater recall..

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I suspect mine may be on its way out. We’ve had a few days of colder temps around here, and it feels to me like the (pre-)heating is not as fierce as i recall from last winter. There is warm air coming from the vents, but not as warm or as fast as the conditions would seem to require. 0*C/32*F ambient temp, 21.5*C/no idea *F target; even if i crank it up to 24 or turn windshield defogger on it’s not really warming up. Battery temp is around 9-11*C.

I’d be very curious to know the eligibility criteria for the heater recall..
I suggest you tell your SA that the heater is not working like it used to and that you want to bring it in. I’d also ask if they have replacement HV heaters available.

Better to get the process started now before the temperatures really get cold.
Sponsored