Nivek

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan rwd
Country flag
We have 3 company owned taycans,all just under 2 years old,all 3 now have heater failure,all in the last month,earliest date porsche reading have given us for a repair is the 20th april,and was told to wait for a frosty morning,ring provided breakdown cover,and they will tow away and provide a car to use,really,not what i expect from porsche,damned dangerous to have to drive a car in frosty conditions unable to clear the windscreen,somebody is going to end up being seriously hurt,and porsche will be hit with one allmighty lawsuit.There needs to be a recall ,and a dont drive for safety reasons if you have the heater failure letter sent to all owners.How did they let this slip through the development stages,and as for the door rattles 'They nearlly all do that sir' All 3 have them as well!!!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
We have 3 company owned taycans,all just under 2 years old,all 3 now have heater failure,all in the last month,earliest date porsche reading have given us for a repair is the 20th april,and was told to wait for a frosty morning,ring provided breakdown cover,and they will tow away and provide a car to use,really,not what i expect from porsche,damned dangerous to have to drive a car in frosty conditions unable to clear the windscreen,somebody is going to end up being seriously hurt,and porsche will be hit with one allmighty lawsuit.There needs to be a recall ,and a dont drive for safety reasons if you have the heater failure letter sent to all owners.How did they let this slip through the development stages,and as for the door rattles 'They nearlly all do that sir' All 3 have them as well!!!
I don't have a heater issue on my 4S (2yrs 4 mths old) but I do have on my new and unregistered GTS ST which had a stop sale placed on it when it arrived at the dealers two weeks ago (parts have arrived now). Never had a door rattle either.

Agree that the situation is unacceptable but it appears there is more than 1 type of heater failure (in my case only half of the car would heat rather than none). Of more concern is that the car was shipped with the fault in the first place - it can't be a coincidence.

No consolation but my dealer claims to only have had 2 heater failures (excluding mine) and they have sold a lot of Taycans. My sense is that this is a ticking bomb on many MY20 / MY21 /MY22 cars given the high incidence on this forum.

Fundament design issue (one of many on our beloved Taycans) that needs a rethink and likely a global recall when parts supply can support.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Seems like something that is survey worthy on this forum. How many owners with at least 2 years or 15-20k miles have experienced heater failure.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Last edited:

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
I agree with your post.

New CEO for Porsche Cars GB
Head of Porsche AG
Let them know your thoughts about your company's 3 Taycans.

UK auto safety regulators don't see Taycan heater failure as a safety problem: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/heating-failure.13668/page-7#post-212394
It is not a safety issue for a reason. Thing is that cold air is used to defog the windshield, not hot air. At least in mine it worked with the heater dead. Waiting for mine to be replaced.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Don’t love those odds especially not knowing how many miles each respondent has/had.
It’s statistically correct, it has been pulled towards 75/25% from 30 respondents and hovered around that % since. 1 out of 4 fails, without a usage pattern.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It’s statistically correct, it has been pulled towards 75/25% from 30 respondents and hovered around that % since. 1 out of 4 fails, without a usage pattern.
Early cars don't have any problems.
Proof me wrong. 😁😁😁

Edit: seen a few 2020's so I'm still ok (1 out of 4 fails, right? 😉👍🏻).

Last edited:

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Yes, for now, u and I are in the other 75% bucket (knock on wood)

Reactions: Dee

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
My 2021 4S just spent 4 weeks on the nose at the dealer with a broken heater. Just picked it back up yesterday. Holy F I missed this thing…

Not a fun 4 weeks though. Expected more from Porsche.

DrMitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Have a 2022 4S CT - heater just went on me this week (I've heard mainly 20's and 21's being affected) - mild (Canadian) winter temps, stored in garage - took it out and nothing but cold air... Have a new Cayenne in meantime - may have it for a while as there is a backorder on the heater from Germany apparently...

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Add the red electrical errors to the heater errors and they have their hands full with these repairs (red electrical is either bad HV Cell or the whole HV battery) and parts are a month to get here. Obviously not all affected, but the wait of month or more for parts is not acceptable. I have never had a car repair go more than 3 or 4 days at most (in warranty or not).

My car has been down since 1/21 waiting on the HV cell repair. Germany sent the wrong one (terminals reversed) on 2/22 so back to the waiting game. I had emailed the Porsche NA CEO when the problem occurred and filed a claim at Porsche NA. On my 5th representative as they keep moving it to another person. Hoping this one can get the process sped up which so far has not happened. Personally, I think they would rather buy back my car and make me go away as they quickly offer that option and I reject it. There are other options, fix and compensate me, flip me to another car in their inventory, or build me another one and take mine on trade.
Sponsored