Ebabins

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
So the other day, when it was -10, my heater stopped working. The fan was blowing, but it was blowing cold air. I tried restarting the car, and I charged it up to 80% overnight, thinking something might reboot. No luck. Seemed to me that the heating element somehow fried. Brought my car into the dealership without an appointment. They were awesome. Took the car and even found a demo for me to take so I would have a car to drive. Next day got a call that it was indeed the heating element. Had to be replaced but it was on back order. No idea when I would get my car back. Could be a month or more. Thank goodness I can rely on my dealership, they have always been awesome to deal with (unlike some others I have read about in various posts). I have a car to drive while I suffer like so many others from the world wide supply chain debacle. Has anyone else experienced issues with their heaters?
Sponsored

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
So the other day, when it was -10, my heater stopped working. The fan was blowing, but it was blowing cold air. I tried restarting the car, and I charged it up to 80% overnight, thinking something might reboot. No luck. Seemed to me that the heating element somehow fried. Brought my car into the dealership without an appointment. They were awesome. Took the car and even found a demo for me to take so I would have a car to drive. Next day got a call that it was indeed the heating element. Had to be replaced but it was on back order. No idea when I would get my car back. Could be a month or more. Thank goodness I can rely on my dealership, they have always been awesome to deal with (unlike some others I have read about in various posts). I have a car to drive while I suffer like so many others from the world wide supply chain debacle. Has anyone else experienced issues with their heaters?
This just happened to my 4S. Heating just stopped working. Porsche have car and inspection determined that it needed ' Right temperature mixing flap motor' so ordered from Germany. Car out of action for 10 days minimum. You could say l am not happy as needed to arrange hire vehicle as Porsche had no availability until mid-Jan 2022 !! Hope you have had yours fixed.

gtr_skyline

First Name
Prashan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
Hope you get your cars fixed - makes me sometimes think...waiting a year for my CT4, some of these niggles may get fixed by then

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
#metoo. 4S heating dropped out of function some 3 weeks ago. Brought to the shop two weeks ago.
Waited and changed a "pressure sensor" (no, not "heat sensor") - did not solve the issue.
Waiting since a while - and for a unknown time to come- for a replacement part "heat pump".
No messages/errors logged in the on-board-computer, just "trial and error". Part on back order.
Usually got a decent loaner - this time, I'v been told they have lots of defective TCs sitting around at the shop, and all loners have been dispatched already.
Dealer (and me) are located quite near Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen, some 10mi away. Proximity seems not to be an advantage here...

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
On my first cold eveing, I noticed the same issue. They tried a low level reboot when I stopped by the dealer and ran some intial codes (readout was failed thermal management unit or HV electric heater). My 4S goes in for full diagnosis next week. I have to say, that in the interim, i am very impressed with the seat heaters. I have been running around with climate control off and I have been comfortable. I appreciate the background this thread provides before I take it in. So far this is a minor inconvenience.

JoeH

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20204S
Country flag
Me too. 2020 4S owned since Nov 2020. Fine through last winter in New England. First cold day earlier this month noticed no cabin heat. Told needs replacement heating element. Dealer ordered 11/10 and when I checked in yesterday was told no idea when it would be arriving. They told me it could be a while as normally Germany gets them an anticipated delivery date pretty quickly and they don’t even have that yet. And when I brought it in was told they have no loaners till late December. Maybe should be frustrated, but it is what it is and I actually feel for the dealership. They have almost nothing on the lot for sale and issues getting parts on the service side. The cars they do have in the nice new showroom(Burlington, MA) are marked up by a $10K dealer fee. Tough way to have to get by.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Same issue here in Munich with my T4S: The heating failed completely, due to a malfunctioning heat pump. And the replacement pump also has been on back order... since FOUR WEEKS and two days, with no end in sight.

At least they gave me a Cayenne to drive around in.

(crosspost from "Service Issues")

Claude Balls

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Heater issues anyone? fullsizeoutput_bb7
4S was with the dealer for 8 days awaiting a £950 wiring repair caused by a little mouse gnawing away at 2 little wires connected to the coolant valve (as attached image). Under final test the dealer found an unconnected heater problem. Now it's left with the dealer awaiting 2 heater server motors. I was told that the heater/AC system is very complicated and there are numerous of these devices within the system. Evidently, parts of the dash have to be removed to gain access. There's no doubt that the delays are caused by both a delay in parts and lack of Taycan EV mechanics. Worries me going forward as I've a new Taycan coming in second quarter 2022.

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
So here is a simple question. Is anyone in a position to look at their driver-side fuse panel and tell me whether they have a fuse in position A2? I just noted, that while the manual says there is one., and I see it in the Radar Detector post, my A2 fuse position has no fuse. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer on this, but figured I would ask the forum. See photo below:
Porsche Taycan Heater issues anyone? 1638817973777

PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

First Name
CH-PGH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Previous A4, Cayenne, 2018 M5
Country flag
Well, it’s my NOT so lucky day - my heater died today when we dropped to 20 degrees Fahrenheit. The dealer is super responsive and their bringing me an Audi Q7 for the holidays since it will be a few weeks.

I had no issues last winter or earlier this fall when we were in the 40s. My 4s was delivered last November and it a 2020.

MisterT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The same has happened to me this week. Complete loss of heating. Thank goodness for heated seats!

Based on some of these comments I think I need to arrange for a replacement car, as so far I have an appointment date of 30 December on the basis that I drop the car off at the dealer and leave it.

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
I've had similar issues. Stuck valve or solenoid problem as well as the climate control not really maintaining temperature until set to at least 26 degrees! That feels more like 21-22 in our other cars....as an aside the heated seats get warm at best...other cars I've had/have you have to turn the temperature down on the seats because they get TOO hot

MarekO

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So here is a simple question. Is anyone in a position to look at their driver-side fuse panel and tell me whether they have a fuse in position A2? I just noted, that while the manual says there is one., and I see it in the Radar Detector post, my A2 fuse position has no fuse. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer on this, but figured I would ask the forum. See photo below:
1638817973777.png
Hy

most probably they will say- yes there has to be a fuse, BUT in reality there is no fuse, so all is good with Your car. Even dealer wiring diagram is wrong, been there, done that ;) No taycan has a fuse there.

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
Hy

most probably they will say- yes there has to be a fuse, BUT in reality there is no fuse, so all is good with Your car. Even dealer wiring diagram is wrong, been there, done that ;) No taycan has a fuse there.
Many thanks. That gives me piece of mind.
1) I had a tech tell me yesterday to look at fuse connection. If you only see one metal contact it is the best way to know it is a non-utilized fuse position.

2) I am awaiting a new HV Heater from Germany (just shipped). With many discussions about "the heat pump" I have looked for some explanation of how the heating system operates. Most of the "newsroom.porsche" articles discuss heating in an abstract manner.
The most understandable description I have found was in an article in Porsche Excellence Magazine online (look under subheading "Cooling"

https://www.excellence-mag.com/issues/269/articles/all-electric-taycan-tech

Excerpt:
"Because the waste heat from the coolant returning from the motor/inverter cooling circuit is insufficient for rapid cabin heating and window defrosting, a third, high-temperature cooling circuit is used. This third system uses a small high-voltage electric heater grid to provide cabin heating and defrosting as necessary by circulating heated coolant through a heater core inside the HVAC box. The high-temperature coolant circuit is also used to “pre-condition” the battery pack for charging by heating it up to the optimum temperature for lithium-ion battery charging, which is about 86 degrees Fahrenheit."

It remains a mystery to me whether the "Heat Pump" is a true heat pump or part of a waste heat coolant pumping circuit.
Sponsored