Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
Hello all,

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM1RE9Y2

Not locked in yet so any changes can be made for a couple of weeks yet but deposit paid and slot secured. It's going to be a long wait until March which is estimated delivery date.

Am I missing anything? Any owners insight appreciated.
Sponsored

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
First of all I want to let you know what a nice configuration you have put together!

Something you might want to think about is the Sport Chrono package option. You will have to consider whether the Porsche Design clock is worth the extra money...

In addition, but that is very personal, you should think again about the seats. The ventilated comfort seats are very comfortable, but the adaptive sport seats are much nicer in my opinion. But as I said, that is very personal...

Overall, it's a really great configuration!

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I just went through this a few weeks ago and also have a Gentian Blue 4S now locked coming in January. Nice choice!!!!!!!

Sport Chrono Pack: There is a long thread on this on the forum and I went with it and ordered it. It is not just the clock it is also the steering wheel and some “ride” options. I chose it and the last thing I changed.

Glacier Ice Blue LED lights: I thought a great option for a blue car! My dealer said he saw it on a car and thought it looked wrong/cheap/cliche. Same on back. So I listened to him and did not order.

Sport seats: I chose them!

I added 22kW charging as I can do this compared to 11 kW at home.

Otherwise it looks great!!!

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Hello all,

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM1RE9Y2

Not locked in yet so any changes can be made for a couple of weeks yet but deposit paid and slot secured. It's going to be a long wait until March which is estimated delivery date.

Am I missing anything? Any owners insight appreciated.
I like the colour and that interior choice is amazing.

Just some stuff you may not realise. Instead of the wheels with carbon blades you can get the 21in Exclusive wheels with the blades painted black.

With the blue exterior (or any paint except black or grey) I'd get the mirrors in exterior colour. The door sill guards in black aluminium look better and are a no cost option.

Rear axle steering is great in the city. Lane change assist is pretty helpful and I would also add the adaptive cruise (not necessarily innodrive) so it at least has the equipment installed.

4+1 seats gives you a handy centre hatch for carrying skis or whatever while still being able to take 4 people.

Personally I don't think the sport design package adds much, even less the carbon version, so I'd check it out in person if you can.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMS8NDL7 (but the changes are personal taste really).

OP
OP

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks guys, some great advice and info so I'll keep playing with the configuration and see what I can come up with.

The advice about the exclusive wheels with jet black blades is excellent and if I combined that with removing the carbon SportDesign kit and having jet black instead then that frees up some extra cash to add in some other bits.

I had £115k as a mental maximum and pushed that a little.

Thanks again, keep the food for thought coming...

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Are you going to be taking people in the back frequently? If not, and if you're setting a price ceiling (even if arbitrary) the back heated seats and 4 zone air con is fairly pointless - as is, arguably, the panoramic roof. The metal roof looks great from the outside.

The extra grand for the exclusive clock is questionable.

Remove those things and you can add all the toys that affect driving dynamics within your budget. Also acoustic glass. I really like the dark silver accents if you have £ in the budget spare.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMSRDXX1

OP
OP

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did wonder what was going on with that. It still doesn't show the clock either.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Part 1

Here are my very subjective comments and observations.

Gentian Blue Metallic

I love blue cars – I've got a Neptune Blue on order – but this blue has never been my favourite.

Two-Tone Leather Interior, Smooth-Finish Leather, Black/Crayon

If you are getting this because you like light interiors, consider "Two-Tone Leather Interior, Smooth-Finish Leather, Black/Chalk Beige" for the same price – notice how the doors have more of the light color and the rear seating area too.

SportDesign package painted in black (high-gloss)

Have never seen it in person – it doesn't do enough to the front – or maybe I don't have enough of a "problem" with the standard 4S front – for this to be worth the money for me. I don't think I'm neutral on it – I think I just prefer the look of the standard front.

The Taycan is such a futuristic and sporty car that I don't feel it needs this to stand out or give a unique appearance.

Electric folding exterior mirrors

Must have in European parking spaces. Nuts that its extra!

Exterior Mirror Lower Trims painted in Exterior Colour including Mirror Base painted in Black (high-gloss)

It makes for a nice finish – the standard look doesn't upset me enough to pay the price for these.

Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)

100% on this – not a fan of the chrome. This should be a no-cost option.

‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights

Have never seen them – but they feel "silly" to me. I'd prefer to have illuminated door sills as a "logo" touch.

Deletion of Model Designation

Almost every deleted model designation is a 4S – so when I see it, I think a 4S owner that really kinda wishes they had the turbo. I vote to wear your designation with pride :)

Plus, if you disagree, its trivial to take the badge off yourself or get your dealer to do it.

Porsche Electric Sport Sound

Many turn it off – but the people who don't spec it seem to regret it. Good move.

Performance Battery Plus

No brainer.

Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) & Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus

I ordered PTV+, PDCC and rear-wheel steering because I have them on my Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid and I loved the way it drives. I struggle to really be able to appreciate exactly which bit of this technology does what to add to the driving experience.

Add as many of these driving experience options as you can afford. You picked the two best ones here.

Sport Chrono Package with Porsche Design Clock

Defo on sport chrono package. I'm a big Porsche Design fan (luggage + sun glasses) + a watch person – but I just don't like the Porsche Design Clock enough to pay the extra.

It will be a rare option – so you'll have a unique car. The next owner is unlikely to care or even notice.

21-inch Taycan Exclusive Design Wheels

Love them. I've decided to move down to 20" aero wheels in my order to try and stay within the "feel & keeping" of a electric vehicle. I could see myself moving up to these wheels in the future.

Make sure you're comfortable with any range implications they bring along.

Wheels painted in Jet Black Metallic

Lovely.

Tyre Sealing Compound and Electric Air Compresso

Nope! Never putting that in my tyres. It ruins the remote tyre pressure monitor along with the tyre. And has it ever actually worked for anyone?

Exclusive Matrix LED headlights in Glacier Ice Blue with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus

+1 on the matrix headlights - they work so well, it blows my mind.

The "glacier ice blue" does nothing for me. I'd save my money.

Rear light strip with 'PORSCHE' logo in Glacier Ice blue

I've never seen this in real life. But from configurator – I really, really dislike it. To me it lacks a "classic or Porsche" look and it feels to me like it won't stand the test of time. It has a "cheap/funky EV" feel about its color.

I obviously just don't get the "glacier ice blue" thing with this car!

Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors

Jeez, why isn't this standard?

Panoramic fixed glass roof

This type of roof is very "on-trend" at the moment and for that reason I left it out – to create a more "classic" experience. I love the creases in the metal roof.

Privacy Glass

I'm also not a big fan of this – have it on my Panamera and I just don't like the look. If you got young kids in the back they would appreciate it. Consider the acoustic glass if you can stretch to the price. It will be more impactful to your daily experiences than that Porsche Design clock, for example :)

(Part 2 tomorrow!)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, thank you, what a comprehensive response and something I'll look into tomorrow as it's time for bed now! Really looking forward to part 2!

Thanks again.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Part 2

ParkAssist including Surround View

Great option, you'll use it!

Adaptive Cruise Control

Same, I use it all the time and this also includes Porsche Active Safe which has saved me once! You or next owner will be able to subscribe to InnoDrive if so inclined.

Advanced Climate Control (4-Zone) & 4+1 Seats & Seat Heating (front and rear)

Ah, now I see that this is a car for more than the people up front. I think then I'd revise my comments on privacy glass and the glass roof. All of these options are great comfort options for a full car of passengers.

Ioniser

I've had it in every Porsche I've owned – have no idea if it really does anything meaningful! Still spec'd it again :)

Ambient Lighting

I like the ambient lighting on this car – more so than on my Panamera

Comfort Seats in Front (14-Way, Electric) with Memory Package

Great choice, good if more than one driver. This includes remembering wheel and mirror positions.

Massage Function front including Seat Ventilation front

Very fancy. If cost became an issue, I'd prioritise ventilation ahead of the massage functions.

Steering Wheel Heating (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather Interior)

I found myself not using it on my Panamera as much as I thought, but still spec'd it in my Taycan! It takes a little too long to warm up.

Storage Package

No opinion really. I didn't option it as it reminded me of my Volvo and that isn't a good memory (in the end!)

Accent Package Darksilver

My dealer accidentally added this to my build – so I'm getting it – have no opinions on it.

Smoker Package

Tut tut :)

Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front Seats)

One of those silly things that you will enjoy

Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black

Much better than than the default option – good choice. I went illuminated as my "silly logo" option!

Passenger Display

I'm telling my wife that its not a gimmick – she'll be doing frantic searches using it for a working public charger during our road trips!

BOSE® Surround Sound System

I hear its the best BOSE Porsche have put into their cars. I was disappointed in the BOSE in my Panamera so splurged out for the Burmester. The BOSE will be brilliant.

Electric charging port cover

You have to really, don't you?

On-Board DC-Charger with 150 kW

Super important option here in Ireland but I understand less so in the UK. You might want to check that out.

Last edited:

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Hi Alex

A very lovely spec. My order isn’t locked in yet either. I’ve been told January for this Paid deposit mid Oct. expecting the car in March.

I haven’t spec’d mine quite as high. I set myself a budget of about £100k but it keeps creeping over. That’s the pull of the configurator, I guess. I’m just hoping the price increase set for next year isn’t too high. Also I”m hoping we don’t have to pay that 10% “no deal” Brexit price increase. If so I may need to dish a couple of extras. ☹

OP
OP

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
SYN_Skydance - I'd be totally pee'd off if the price rise comes in and also the 10% tariff to the point where I'd be seriously tempted to tell them where to go! I've ordered this and another for my business partner so an extra 10%+ on circa £250k becomes a bit of a joke.

tigerbalm - thanks for another excellent post. What I will say first is that I'm not a smoker but the lovely little 'ashtray' which the smokers package consists off is to be used for coin storage, not ash :)

I'm also going to revisit the glacier blue, particularly at the rear as I think you're right, maybe standard matrix are the way to go. Problem is not being able to see these options 'in the flesh' and having to rely on the configurator and my imagination.

Ultimately, I've gone quite heavy on the spec because what actual difference is say £4k going to make in the grand scheme of things and I'd hate that feeling of wishing I'd gone for something later on. Other 'man maths' include resale desirability in a car where nobody actually knows what is going to happen over 3/4 years, especially when purchasing outright over the likes of a lease.
Sponsored