GerhardF

First Name
Gerhard F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD coming Nov 2021
Country flag
........ from me as a new forum-member, from Aachen/Germany/at the 3-country-point D/NL/B.
I will start to be present here too.

I ordered a Taycan RWD in August, delivery will be in November.
The car will be in dolomitesilvermetallic with the 21" Exclusive Design rims with Platinum Seidenglanz.

I hope that there will be not too much delay in delivery!

Best regards to all!
GerhardF
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
........ from me as a new forum-member, from Aachen/Germany/at the 3-country-point D/NL/B.

The car will be in dolomitesilvermetallic with the 21" Exclusive Design rims with Platinum Seidenglanz.

Best regards to all!
GerhardF
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations for a great car.

If my experience of driving through Germany is anything to go by, you will have a lot of working HPC around. It looks like Netherlands is extremely dense with many charging networks, Fastned, Allego, Ionity etc. If they all are working as well as the ones I used in Germany, your experience will be like driving an ICE car.

Hope for a great delivery experience.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Welcome! Get ready for an amazing journey with your dolomite silver Taycan. Fingers crossed for your November delivery date.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Welcome! :beer::fist bump:

OP
OP
GerhardF

GerhardF

First Name
Gerhard F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for welcome!
I would like you to have a look in our Garden here at home: See Photo! :like:

= German "Gartenzwerge"

Porsche Taycan Hello from Germany....... IMG_3536 (002)

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag

Best regards to all!
GerhardF
Welcome at this forum.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

Best regards to all!
GerhardF
Welcome @GerhardF . Great choice of color. I live in the US for more than 20 years now but I was born in Hasselt, not too far from Aachen.

carnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 GT3, R8 V10+
Country flag
@GerhardF greetings! New member here. Signed up because I will be visiting Aachen this summer, and found your post via a search and have a few questions.

1. I plan to rent a Taycan (possibly from Porsche Drive) and will the car have enough space for 2 large luggages?

2. Are charging stations convenient to find in Aachen? If so, are they usually occupied for a while or do I have to keep circling around for an open spot?

Thanks very much.

OP
OP
GerhardF

GerhardF

First Name
Gerhard F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@GerhardF greetings! New member here. Signed up because I will be visiting Aachen this summer, and found your post via a search and have a few questions.

1. I plan to rent a Taycan (possibly from Porsche Drive) and will the car have enough space for 2 large luggages?

2. Are charging stations convenient to find in Aachen? If so, are they usually occupied for a while or do I have to keep circling around for an open spot?

Thanks very much.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good evening "carnut" to LA,

yes, I think the Taycan has a very usefull space for luggage, and in this forum you can see a lot/some pictures of this space - please investigate for this. It depends a little what you mean with "large" - may be that your wife needs a lot of luggage on journeys? :)

If this is true: You can fold over the back seats in direction to the front seats, and then there is a lot of room for your heavy load.

In respect of charging stations: There are not problems here at all: Nearby there is in a 5 km- distance a very popular Ionity-Station with four CCS 350 KW points, situated on the motorway from Aachen to Cologne - Service-Station "Aachener Land" - each on both sides of the motorway: There you can charge at each 4 points, and you will not have any waiting-problems, that works good and quickly.

On the other hand you can charge at a EnBW-Station within the city, with two CCS 150 KW-points. And there are 4 points on the dutch side of the nearby-border too, nearby 5 km, with all four with 175 KW, where you can charge quickly too.

If you need help I can send you before the exact data of that stations.

And if you are here in the city, I can help you if help is neccessary and we can meet together to have a look at the historical center of the city?

I hope I gave you some overview of situation here. I wish you a very pleasent preparation of your journey to Europe - why not with your 991GT3??? -- ..... ok..... there is only a little space for luggage, but a great engine-sound !!!! :clap:
Porsche Taycan Hello from Germany....... IMG_4300

carnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 GT3, R8 V10+
Country flag
@GerhardF Appreciate the information! Yes I found more pictures of the trunk space. The foldable seat feature helps. If I have more questions, I will DM you as the date draws nearer if you don't mind.

Wished I can ship my GT3 to Germany! Would love to drive it on the Ring.

PS: Just realize you're into Lotus. Same here. ;)

OP
OP
GerhardF

GerhardF

First Name
Gerhard F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, if there are more questions: Please send on due time.
In former days I drove a Lotus Elise Sport 160 on race tracks, to track-days......
Look here:
Porsche Taycan Hello from Germany....... fertig (002)

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Willkommen Gerhard! Aachen is quite a design haus and naturally your spec ist ausgezeichnet!!
RWD with Exclusive wheels biased and looking forward to picking up my edition next week :rock: Alles gut!

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good evening "carnut" to LA,

yes, I think the Taycan has a very usefull space for luggage, and in this forum you can see a lot/some pictures of this space - please investigate for this. It depends a little what you mean with "large" - may be that your wife needs a lot of luggage on journeys? :)

If this is true: You can fold over the back seats in direction to the front seats, and then there is a lot of room for your heavy load.

In respect of charging stations: There are not problems here at all: Nearby there is in a 5 km- distance a very popular Ionity-Station with four CCS 350 KW points, situated on the motorway from Aachen to Cologne - Service-Station "Aachener Land" - each on both sides of the motorway: There you can charge at each 4 points, and you will not have any waiting-problems, that works good and quickly.

On the other hand you can charge at a EnBW-Station within the city, with two CCS 150 KW-points. And there are 4 points on the dutch side of the nearby-border too, nearby 5 km, with all four with 175 KW, where you can charge quickly too.

If you need help I can send you before the exact data of that stations.

And if you are here in the city, I can help you if help is neccessary and we can meet together to have a look at the historical center of the city?

I hope I gave you some overview of situation here. I wish you a very pleasent preparation of your journey to Europe - why not with your 991GT3??? -- ..... ok..... there is only a little space for luggage, but a great engine-sound !!!! :clap:
IMG_4300.jpg
Beautiful car Gerhard! I'll finally be collecting my own Dolomite Silver Taycan on Friday. I also went with the 21" Exclusive Design wheels, but painted in Dolomite Silver. Looking at your photo I'm having second thoughts though 😂