tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I dropped my car off at the airport and am out of country. When I landed I see my alarm keeps going off. I forgot to disable the internal alarm and it falsely keeps going off every few minutes. I can’t stop it!!! Is there a way to remotely disable the inside sensor so it won’t keep going off?

I can’t even risk unlocking and leaving it unlocked because the car auto locks itself after sitting 3 minutes and then of course the damn alarm falsely goes off again!

Has anyone a solution ? I fear someone will vandalize my car for the nuisance alarm.

Not happy in paradise.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I dropped my car off at the airport and am out of country. When I landed I see my alarm keeps going off. I forgot to disable the internal alarm and it falsely keeps going off every few minutes. I can’t stop it!!! Is there a way to remotely disable the inside sensor so it won’t keep going off?

I can’t even risk unlocking and leaving it unlocked because the car auto locks itself after sitting 3 minutes and then of course the damn alarm falsely goes off again!

Has anyone a solution ? I fear someone will vandalize my car for the nuisance alarm.

Not happy in paradise.
If you purchase PVTS, you can disable the motion alarm in the My Porsche app.
Porsche Taycan Help! Disable car at airport alarm while out of town 969D70D4-9C3D-45CA-B5DA-41A84B555F49_1_201_a

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
next time you leave your care, leave it with me. but you might not get it back :)
do alarms turn off after a few mins?

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
next time you leave your care, leave it with me. but you might not get it back :)
do alarms turn off after a few mins?
They do....but then retrigger a few minutes later.

Porsche support was not helpful...after on hold 15 minutes, twice...they told me they no longer do remote assistance and I need to take it to dealer and have them replace sensor...! WTH!? I am out of country for a week.

I can say that since I stopped using the app (per suggestion above) it seems to have stopped. I didn't uninstall it as then I would never get notified it is going off. But I use the latest MyPorsche (3 days ago old) and when I "check on the car" via the app....sure enough a couple minutes later I get notified the alarm is going off.

So I am sitting here in Cancun hoping it has not been going off incessantly for a week but avoiding the app in hopes it is "working" but not triggering alarm.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Some other possible solutions:

1. Call a friend who can retrieve your spare key, or overnight ship your key to a trusted friend to go to the airport to disable the alarm in person.
  2. Call your dealer and pay to have it towed to the dealer. Might have to call the airport parking to give permission to get it towed out of there.
Sponsored