help (glass vs Park Assist vs Park Assist+HUD)

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I thought I was done but I think I'm still have second thoughts. So I'm picking between 3 choices.

1. Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass : $1130
The main purpose would be noise insulation. How effective would this be with mission-e tires. Cell phone reception is important to me, & although North East doesn't seem to be a problem, the cross country might have cell phone issues ?

2. Remote Park Assist including Lane Change Assist :$1610
I've attached the info below. I don't think I'll use much of the Self Park features, but others seem nice. I've would love the 3D surround view (and wonder if the hack that's been figured with the regular surround view would be lost with an update). I also like the lines that show in the different views. Will I be missing other sensors by not taking this. I don't want to damage my wheels on curb and parking is NYC is sometimes a challenge.

3. Park Assist + HUD $1130
For actually $480 less, I could just add the tech package that would give me Park Assist + HUD. I don't like the hood on the dash and so far the HUD stuff is very 2D. But I see Porsche is working on AR tech for HUD which would be interesting. Would having HUD now, make it possible to get AR when offered. Is HUD useful ? I have ACC. I've never had HUD in any car.

So I have to pick from the 3. Would love opinions. Will be changing my spec the 10th time.

Thanks !!!

Porsche Taycan help (glass vs Park Assist vs Park Assist+HUD) Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 11.30.40 PM

As part of Premium Package, I have:
-Surround View: Surround View features a 360° surround view generated from four high-resolution cameras enabling even greater comfort when maneuvering. A junction view (from front and rear of the vehicle) provides assistance at more complex exits. Images are displayed on the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) screen.
-Lane Change Assist: Alerts the driver to vehicles rapidly approaching from behind or vehicles travelling at the same speed in potential blind spots. The warning is emitted by lights in the exterior mirrors. The function is activated by the driver using Porsche Communication Management (PCM).
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've got the HUD and the Thermal and Noise Insulated glass. I'd definitely stick with the glass option. Frankly, if I had to do it again, I would skip the HUD. It's cool and all, but not worth the money--you can easily live without it.

The glass option is mandatory though; essential for comfort, increased range (due to increased efficiency of the AC) and reduced noise.

Thor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla S
Country flag
I got the HUD for the novelty factor. To be honest, it is not very useful. You should use your money for something else.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
IMO: definitely #1.

#3: useless
#2: would you really be comfortable, maneuvering on a parking place with your smartphone?
Also, you already have 360 surround view.

Last edited:

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag

#2: would you really be comfortable, maneuvering on a parking place with your smartphone?
Do you get the 3D surround view w/ 360 surround view ? I’m just trying to see if Remote Park assist has any added cameras/sensors that would help me park. I agree, it the money is only for remote controlled park then i wouldn’t use it. On the tequipment site, it says that side mirrors w/ Park Assist have sensors. But i’ve literally not seen that info anywhere.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I've got the HUD and the Thermal and Noise Insulated glass. I'd definitely stick with the glass option. Frankly, if I had to do it again, I would skip the HUD. It's cool and all, but not worth the money--you can easily live without it.

The glass option is mandatory though; essential for comfort, increased range (due to increased efficiency of the AC) and reduced noise.
Thanks. I think I agree with HUD being not as useful. Do you think the noise insulated glass is better for temperature moderation too than a film ? also, does your glass has any color tint on it, additionally or from the insulated glass

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

Agree on HUD. Without the standard thermal insulated glass you can always tint with ceramic film and I did just that. Even with S. FL summers the A/C never works overtime and the cabin keeps cooler when parked outside all day at the office. As far as noise goes, my car is QUIET with Pilot Sport rubber compared to loaner I'm driving with the all-season Contis.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag

Hi, does the noise insulated glass have a tint. If so, how dark ? Thanks

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Don;t know regarding 360surround/3D…just collected the car, then went back to the office…will be there till night.​
i tinted rear windows…they are black….while front mirrors aren’t…so I really don’t know.

first thoughts: it’s a hell of the car :rock:
Rear cameras are…well… don’t like the view, but 360 is ok.
don’t understand why only front camera/view is excellent…they should use the same for rear.

Last edited:

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks. I think I agree with HUD being not as useful. Do you think the noise insulated glass is better for temperature moderation too than a film ? also, does your glass has any color tint on it, additionally or from the insulated glass
I don't know about the after-market films, though I'm sure someone on the forum has expertise on the subject. I do know that the Porsche Thermal glass option is extraordinarily effective at moderating the transfer of heat into the cabin. Even when the car sits in a parking lot on a hot day, on returing, the cabin while warm isn't the least bit uncomfortable and cools extremely quickly when the AC is engaged.

As for tint, it's pretty subtle.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Thanks.
Don;t know regarding 360surround/3D…just collected the car, then went back to the office…will be there till night.​
i tinted rear windows…they are black….while front mirrors aren’t…so I really don’t know.

first thoughts: it’s a hell of the car :rock:
Resr cameras are…well… don’t like the view, but 360 is ok.
don’t understand why fromt camera/view is excellent…they should use the same for rear.
Good to know about the glass. You have 360 surround view OR 3D surround view (and are they different.). 360 surround view is part of the premium package. 3D surround view (is i think part of remote park assist only). ?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
We don’t have packages… all options needs to be ordered individualy.
as far as i understand, i have 3D, but i’m not sure anymore :angel:

edit: i have 360 surround, sorry if i misslead you.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
We don’t have packages… all options needs to be ordered individualy.
as far as i understand, i have 3D, but i’m not sure anymore :angel:

edit: i have 360 surround, sorry if i misslead you.
Congrats, if i understand you got the car today ! Does then 360 surround give you a 3D or is it satisfactory ?

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't have any of these features ?

But, if I was to choose one, I would go with insulated glass. Porsche HUD is years behind other carmakers—like BMW. I test drove a Taycan with insulated glass and it makes a noticeable difference in noise and comfort.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61