jezzaj88

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
For 7 months I have purposefully been parking a good 20cm out from the kerb but in a rushed and with a tight gutter in Richmond I made about a 15cm scrape across the white outer rim and black spoke section of my mission E rims. So painful and I'm devastated! need to get it fixed stat! Can anyone recommend a good place to do this in Melbourne? I'm concerned about the matching of the Carrera white rim, and the gloss black spoke... Thanks
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
For 7 months I have purposefully been parking a good 20cm out from the kerb but in a rushed and with a tight gutter in Richmond I made about a 15cm scrape across the white outer rim and black spoke section of my mission E rims. So painful and I'm devastated! need to get it fixed stat! Can anyone recommend a good place to do this in Melbourne? I'm concerned about the matching of the Carrera white rim, and the gloss black spoke... Thanks
You should be able to get the paint codes or insist / ensure your rim repairer does once you find one to ensure you get the colour match. Forgot to add that your Porsche dealer probably has preferred repairers on their books (mine used to have one that visited once a week to the dealership).

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Likely a dumb question but are you sure that you didn’t add the Porsche wheel and tire protection plan when you bought the car? I was able to add a 5 year plan to cover repairs like this through Porsche because I was so worried I would do something similar. Indeed, I figured the only way to make sure I didn’t do something like this was to pay for the protection plan…

OP
OP

jezzaj88

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
All fixed, looks like brand new... cost $400 but a big relief!

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You should be able to get the paint codes or insist / ensure your rim repairer does once you find one to ensure you get the colour match. Forgot to add that your Porsche dealer probably has preferred repairers on their books (mine used to have one that visited once a week to the dealership).
Yes I had a similar problem - local Porsche dealer provided me a contact for Canberra who fixed the rim so well it looks like new. Not just a problem for Taycans :)
Sponsored