Help me choose a wrap

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
I’m looking forward to wrapping my Taycan now, can be any color or design. Many folks out here have already done pretty beautiful wraps so I’d like one as well. Why suddenly do I need a wrap, well here’s the story:

I was driving on a freeway and got involved in a 6 car crash(2 of which were totaled). I was the only one to make it out relatively clean. Taycan is an incredibly precise weapon and its handling saved me and the car. Some dude in a mustang was going 100mph(30 above the limit) and a car changed lanes in front of him, so he slammed right into his rear, causing this huge accident. I was driving behind and keeping my distance, which in the end gave me time to maneuver and evade all the spinning cars in front, though I did catch a lot of debris and scratched the paint. My insurance can cover all the repairs, but I was told by the dealer that they’ll have to respray the front completely. I don’t want to have my car listed as “repaired” so I chose not to go that way and instead I want to polish it and cover it all up under a pretty wrap/vinyl. Give me your ideas and drive safe!

(Green car on the paper is me.)
Porsche Taycan Help me choose a wrap 1ED9F25E-2978-43FA-82CA-9704871EC153
Porsche Taycan Help me choose a wrap 76F17911-BA46-463E-98E8-9160118AE773
Porsche Taycan Help me choose a wrap 3C5D7A3D-D11C-4FFF-9CFC-23D58D4BB729
Porsche Taycan Help me choose a wrap EDD4C5AA-4514-4A09-BD8C-F6AEA652FDF4
Porsche Taycan Help me choose a wrap 10B9942F-C645-43B7-A333-3791D9EB123A
Porsche Taycan Help me choose a wrap 3855162C-3E04-428F-A6AA-E891E6F11CE2

Porsche Taycan Help me choose a wrap 53B59D3C-1A09-4DAC-BF29-7BEEC62CDE38

Last edited:

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
That’s not to bad, there a plenty of guys who can work these 3 chips, flawless, only touching the chip, no harm to the panel and I don’t mean just filling, but FLAWLESS. They do charge all around 80-100€ per chip, but they are restyle artists. The marring is just a polish. No biggy.
this is regardless if you want to wrap or not. A traditional repair would just spray the panel. That’s not what you want. Also restyling/correction is not recorded under insurance.

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
That’s not to bad, there a plenty of guys who can work these 3 chips, flawless, only touching the chip, no harm to the panel and I don’t mean just filling, but FLAWLESS. They do charge all around 80-100€ per chip, but they are restyle artists. The marring is just a polish. No biggy.
this is regardless if you want to wrap or not. A traditional repair would just spray the panel. That’s not what you want. Also restyling/correction is not recorded under insurance.
Sounds reasonable, just need to find a good body shop to do it. I was quite disappointed when the dealer said all they can do is respray it completely.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Agree that touch up paint, light polish and PPF would do the trick as economically as possible.

A bit off topic but hoping for the very best outcome for you and your country. 👍

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Agree that touch up paint, light polish and PPF would do the trick as economically as possible.

A bit off topic but hoping for the very best outcome for you and your country. 👍
Cheers!

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
That’s not to bad, there a plenty of guys who can work these 3 chips, flawless
Oops forgot to mention that it’s not just three, I’ve only attached the nastiest chips. It’s a bit peppered, probably about 20 other tiny chips on fenders and the bumper. But now I have some hope, thanks again

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Oops forgot to mention that it’s not just three, I’ve only attached the nastiest chips. It’s a bit peppered, probably about 20 other tiny chips on fenders and the bumper. But now I have some hope, thanks again
That is a lot. Could still go with the same touch up, polish and PPF.…just know that it may not be perfect. Interestingly, the vast majority of people would not notice that this work has been done. Keep that in mind when making your decision.

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
That is a lot. Could still go with the same touch up, polish and PPF.…just know that it may not be perfect. Interestingly, the vast majority of people would not notice that this work has been done. Keep that in mind when making your decision.
I do keep that in mind, it’s a car and it’s destined to be damaged anyway because it’s driven daily. My hopes aren’t that high to have it fixed flawlessly but at least I hope some shop make these chips not so visible.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Off topic but are Mustangs readily available in Ukraine?

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Off topic but are Mustangs readily available in Ukraine?
Nope! It was delivered here by a boat after it had an accident in the US. The new owner fixed it and started blasting, just like the previous one. We’ve got a lot of cars from the US here: Mustangs, Passats, Challengers Chargers Corvettes and many others. Once a car is totaled by insurance in the US it most likely gets to live another life here. The one involved in the crash was a 5L btw, not the eco boost.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope! It was delivered here by a boat after it had an accident in the US. The new owner fixed it and started blasting, just like the previous one. We’ve got a lot of cars from the US here: Mustangs, Passats, Challengers Chargers Corvettes and many others. Once a car is totaled by insurance in the US it most likely gets to live another life here. The one involved in the crash was a 5L btw, not the eco boost.
Interesting. I didn't think they were available in Europe so I was quite surprised to see the pic. I thought the pics were actually New Jersey until I saw the banner. 😆 Thanks for the info and good luck with it all.

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Interesting. I didn't think they were available in Europe so I was quite surprised to see the pic. I thought the pics were actually New Jersey until I saw the banner. 😆 Thanks for the info and good luck with it all.
Do our streets really look that bad that you thought of NJ 🤣🤣🤣

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At night? Yes .😆 You could have said you were in Hoboken and I wouldn't have thought twice about it... especially mentioning a Mustang. Now, if you mentioned that the Mustang was blaring Bad Bunny from speakers mounted outside of the car, I'd call you a liar for claiming you were in Ukraine when it happened. 🤣

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
At night? Yes .😆 You could have said you were in Hoboken and I wouldn't have thought twice about it... especially mentioning a Mustang. Now, if you mentioned that the Mustang was blaring Bad Bunny from speakers mounted outside of the car, I'd call you a liar for claiming you were in Ukraine when it happened. 🤣
🤣🤣🤣 yeah the lights are all off, before the war broke out it was lit bright as day. You won’t believe how many cars from the US come here, every 3rd car on the street is American made. We’re not exactly the richest country and these cars while being of the same class are almost twice cheaper than the ones from the European market, so obviously people get them.

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Search Taycan dirty martini wrap.
Sponsored