Wensley

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi All. Picked up my beautiful Taycan this morning and would be very grateful if anyone can help me get through this Porsche Connect Store website so I can link my credit card for paying at direct chargers, as well as set up other services.. My problem is I get to the shopping cart checkout and receive an error: "your selected billing address is incomplete...". I have followed the directions emailed by my ambassador, re-entered the address in the checkout page and my payment profiles ten times to ensure they match up, switched credit cards, performed google searches, and still no luck. Customer service is closed until Monday. I'm wondering whether there's another address in another db somewhere that I need to verify or if the billing address might should be the address of the dealership rather than mine since the fee is zeroed out. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

paxton

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi All. Picked up my beautiful Taycan this morning and would be very grateful if anyone can help me get through this Porsche Connect Store website so I can link my credit card for paying at direct chargers, as well as set up other services.. My problem is I get to the shopping cart checkout and receive an error: "your selected billing address is incomplete...". I have followed the directions emailed by my ambassador, re-entered the address in the checkout page and my payment profiles ten times to ensure they match up, switched credit cards, performed google searches, and still no luck. Customer service is closed until Monday. I'm wondering whether there's another address in another db somewhere that I need to verify or if the billing address might should be the address of the dealership rather than mine since the fee is zeroed out. Any suggestions?
Same exact issue I encountered today. Called 1 800 PORSCHE and they were useless.

OP
OP

Wensley

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I was able to get past that screen by spelling out my numbered street (i.e. “twenty forth” rather than 24th St.). I’m now receiving an error about the tax calculation.

paxton

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was able to get past that screen by spelling out my numbered street (i.e. “twenty forth” rather than 24th St.). I’m now receiving an error about the tax calculation.
That worked for me, thanks. Now I see an "activation is being processed" message and an order number under "Payment & Orders".

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am seeing both the address error and the tax error. I was able to get past the address error by spelling out the street address at the advice of customer support but no one seems to be able to help me get past the tax error.
@Wensley Were you ever able to get past the tax error? This is preventing me from activating the charging service and I am guessing this affects others.
I am curious if everyone is seeing the address error and if not if it is something about certain addresses. As far as the tax error I am wondering if that is happening because the address had to be changed to something non-standard.

Redacted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
I haven’t gotten the address error, but I’m getting the tax error and am similarly stymied from activating my services. Have my dealer supposedly looking into it. Frustrating for sure.

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I haven’t gotten the address error, but I’m getting the tax error and am similarly stymied from activating my services. Have my dealer supposedly looking into it. Frustrating for sure.
I also have my dealer looking into it but don’t expect to hear back until next week.

mystique

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 911 C4S, 2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also have my dealer looking into it but don’t expect to hear back until next week.
Just picked up my 2021 Taycan 4S today and had the same issues at the dealer. Dealer had called it in but was not able to resolve it while at the dealership. After some trial and errors when I finally got home, I finally figured it out.

Here were the problems and how I resolved it... hope it helps

I logged in to my Porsche on my computer (probably could do it on your phone as well)

Address Error:
I had an abbreviated "S." for "South" in my address.

Resolution:
Got it working by removing the period "." i.e. just an "S"

Tax Error:
Similar tax calculation error in the connect store when trying check out all the 3 packages in the cart/basket (Porsche Connect, Porsche Connect Care and Porsche Charging Service)

Resolution:
I removed the Porsche Charging Service from the cart/basket (kinda figured that was the "pay" service that was causing the tax error) and checked out with the 2 remaining services (Porsche Connect and Porsche Connect Care).

Then I went back to the connect store and added the remaining Porsche Charging Service individually (should be the last "free" option available) and checkout with that service only.

Got the receipts for the "purchases" in my email so hopefully it works

Good Luck

Last edited:

Redacted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Just picked up my 2021 Taycan 4S today and had the same issues at the dealer. Dealer had called it in but was not able to resolve it while at the dealership. After some trial and errors when I finally got home, I finally figured it out.

I logged in to my Porsche on my computer (probably could do it on your phone as well)

Address Error:

Resolution:
Got it working by remove the period "." i.e. just an "S"

Tax Error:
Similar tax calculation error in the connect store when trying check out all the 3 packages in the cart/basket (Porsche Connect, Porsche Connect Care and Porsche Charging Service)

Resolution:
I removed the Porsche Charging Service from the cart/basket (kinda figured that was the "pay" service that was causing the tax error) and checked out with the 2 remaining services (Porsche Connect and Porsche Connect Care).

Then I went back to the connect store and added the remaining Porsche Charging Service individually (should be the last "free" option available) and checkout with that service only.

Good Luck
You, sir or madame, are someone I owe a drink. Thanks so much. Worked perfectly.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Check the services in your car now - make sure they all show "Contract Valid" and not "Terms and Conditions Not Accepted". You should be good but this was a hang-up I and others have experienced.

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

Address Error:

Resolution:
Got it working by remove the period "." i.e. just an "S"

Tax Error:

Resolution:

Good Luck
Holy cow, that worked! Another interesting observation is that I had to use my spelled out address for the activation of the first two services “Porsche Connect Care” and “Porsche Connect” but for the separate purchase of “Porsche Charging Service” it took my normal address.

@mystique I would be happy to buy you a beverage of your choice. ?

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had a problem setting up the account because I had two accounts setup. ( The dealer had set one up that I wasn't aware of ) After flushing them both and re-entering one account it worked

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I had a problem setting up the account because I had two accounts setup. ( The dealer had set one up that I wasn't aware of ) After flushing them both and re-entering one account it worked
How did you discover that you had two accounts? Were they both somehow using the same ID / email address?

I created an account in 2020 when I started researching the Taycan. A few weeks ago when I placed an order, I received an email from Porsche with a link to the track my dream. It specifically said that I had to use the email address 'xyz', which is the same address I used to create the account last year. Clicking on the link just takes me to my account. I thought nothing of it until I started receiving another copy of the email every few days. I think I've received five of them now -- as if Porsche thinks I haven't created an account and/or followed the link.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
As I recall the flushing of my accounts took a day or so. I was a guest in the mean time.
Sponsored